Thread: Why I'd Never Use Gigabyte Products Again

Xtreme Addict

Why I'd Never Use Gigabyte Products Again

I current own five gigabyte (or should I say crapabyte) products. All of them are a piece of . They all worked great for the first 3 months, now they are all dead, dieing or just ing around.

Here are some of the problems I have had with these motherboards (UD3R/UD3P/DS3P). As I said all is great for the first 3 or so months, no complains what so ever then. However after that point they ALL start going down hill.

The DS3P for about 3 weeks would not post (if had been turned off, not restarted) until I had cleared its CMOS. I stress tested, re-flashed to every BIOS, didn't help. Then all of a sudden it stooped, no idea why it start in the first place. Also this mobo would not let me change any settings in the BIOS, the options are there, however if I change one, no post at all. BTW this mobo was never OC'ed as it is a workstation. A few months ago it stopped posting so matter what I did. Different CPU, RAM, GPU everything, so I assumed it was the mobo. So I left it for 2 weeks then tired again, still dead so I RMA'ed it. Only to find out that it worked great for them, and I got charged a service fee for RMA'ing a working part. I brought it home, pluged it in and it worked, I thought yay at least its working. I turned it off, came back 2 hours later, won't post again, exact same hardware as before.

The UD3P does this weird crap with RAM. Sometimes it won't post with more then 1 stick of RAM installed. It would just start and stop every 5secs. I tired testing each stick, they all work. As well as different BIOSes.

The UD3R is my most hated mobo ever, pretty much the same reason as stated before, but worse. It has wasted so much of my money and time. So hard to OC, so unpredictable. One time I did 4.976GHz on my Q6600, next time I could even get 4.8GHz with the same settings.

The 9400GT, I got it plug it in and I was wondering why it was running so slow, about ¼ the speed of other people's benchmarks with slower clocks. I looked at the specs and it about ½ - ¼ of the reference card. ing hell it says 9400GT on the box, so it should have the same specs as a reference 9400GT. If it has less, then it is not a ing 9400GT. So its a piece of crap too weak to even run phyx. I can't RMA it, cause it working how crapabyte made it to, so it isn't dead.

I also own a gigabyte mouse, this worked so well for 3months like everything else. It was great value and all that. The one day it just died, no reason so I RAM'ed it.

So am I really that unlucky that all 5 crapabyte products I brought this year all suck? Anyway I really hope that gigabyte goes out of business. I don't have heaps of money to go spending on stuff, so when I buy something I want it to work how it should for longer then 3 months. Is that really too much to ask from a compay? Has anyone else had similar issues?
    Last edited by fatguy1992; 11-11-2009 at 09:27 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fatguy1992 View Post
    Is that really too much to ask from a compaNy? Has anyone else had similar issues?
    u forgot a N

Xtreme Addict
    You sure they aren't Asus or ECS boards :P
    i3 2100, MSI H61M-E33. 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws.
    MSI GTX 460 Twin Frozr II. 1TB Caviar Blue.
    Corsair HX 620, CM 690, Win 7 Ultimate 64bit.

Dave's Mentor!
    well no one hated gigabut more than me i still hate em my p55 ud4p dies after 4 days
    but the ud3r i got is a real nice board
    runs 4 stix 1200mhz withought breakin a sweat
    you got your 4.9 you should be happy

maximus IV extreme gtx580
    gigabut p67-ud7
    p67 sabertooth
    2500k+2600k
    antec 1200watt
    EVGA classified 760
    920 Batch# 3849B018 4.985ghz@1.52v gtx285 ftw sli
    OCZ3RPR1866LV6GK hypers
    dfi ut p35 rampage extreme
    gigabut p35c-ds3r bios suks
    gigabut x38-d6q dead thank god
    ballistix 8500 1240mhz@2.02v

I love Gigabyte, but yeah, their recent products have gone downhill. For some weird reason my GA-EP45-DQ6 would not post sometimes when overclocked until I had to remove the battery and it was annoying. Right now I have a Gigabyte 275 GTX and the damn thing doesn't have video display when you boot into Windows which is really annoying. And I owned two P55 motherboards and both of them had the exact buggy BIOS issues which put me through hell.

I'll still buy Gigabyte, but if this keeps happening I may as well steer clear of them, having 3 bad products in a row is telling me something.

Though their AMD motherboards are great, I've owned several of them and none of gave me any issues.
    AMD Threadripper 12 core 1920x CPU OC at 4Ghz | ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 motherboard | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM | Gigabyte 11GB GTX 1080 Ti Aorus Xtreme GPU | SilverStone Strider Platinum 1000W Power Supply | Crucial 1050GB MX300 SSD | 4TB Western Digital HDD | 60" Samsung JU7000 4K UHD TV at 3840x2160