Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Noctua NH-D14 Cooler (best Air Cooler!)

Noctua NH-D14 Cooler (best Air Cooler!)

Hi,

posted that on another topic, but the cooler is worth a thread:

First Reviews:

http://www.vortez.co.uk/contenttelle..._review,1.html

http://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/lu...-belangen.html

It is better than Megahalems & Corsair H50! Especially with high voltage:

Noctua presents NH-D14 premium cooler
    Vienna, November 2nd 2009 - Noctua today officially presented its long-awaited NH-D14 premium CPU cooler. Combining a massive six heatpipe dual radiator design with an exquisite NF-P14/NF-P12 dual fan configuration, the NH-D14 is built to further improve the renowned quiet cooling performance of Noctua's award-winning NH-U12P series.

"Our NH-U12P coolers are widely regarded as one of the best solutions on the market, so it makes us especially proud that we can offer a further substantial improvement in quiet cooling performance with the new NH-D14", explains Mag. Roland Mossig, Noctua CEO. "The NH-D14 in Ultra-Low-Noise mode actually outperforms the NH-U12P at full fan speed, so we're confident that this cooler will appeal to overclockers and silent enthusiasts alike."

Providing more surface area, better heat-distribution and superior airflow efficiency than conventional tower style heatsinks, the NH-D14's six heatpipe dual radiator design was developed to provide ultimate quiet cooling performance with the supplied NF-P14 (140mm) and NF-P12 (120mm) fans. Both fans feature Vortex-Control Notches, SCD technology and SSO-Bearings in order to achieve a perfect balance of performance and quietness.

The NH-D14's asymmetrical design gives more clearance towards the RAM slots and thus ensures good compatibility despite of the cooler's size. Hanging out at the bottom of the fin-stacks, the NF-P14 fan doesn't only contribute to the NH-D14's superb CPU cooling capabilities but also provides massive airflow over surrounding motherboard components and heatsinks.

Topped off with a tube of Noctua's award-winning NT-H1 thermal compound as well as the new SecuFirm2™ multi-socket mounting system (LGA1366, LGA1156, LGA775, AM2, AM2+ and AM3), the NH-D14 is an elite choice for the highest demands in premium quality quiet cooling.

Price and availability
    The NH-D14 will be available by mid-November at a recommended retail price of EUR 74.90 / USD 84.90.

About Noctua
    Designed in Austria, Noctua's premium cooling components are internationally renowned for their superb quietness, exceptional performance and thoroughgoing quality. Having received more than 1000 awards and recommendations from leading hardware websites and magazines, Noctua's fans and heatsinks are chosen by more than a hundred thousand satisfied customers around the globe.

Xtreme Member
    Exucse me, but can you show me some comparisons against H50 and Megahalems @ high voltage and OC where you see this?
    I think reviews had not showed this yet and we still had to wait for more.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Kain XS View Post
    Exucse me, but can you show me some comparisons against H50 and Megahalems @ high voltage and OC where you see this?
    I think reviews had not showed this yet and we still had to wait for more.

Regards

Its not high voltage, but the Noctua is bigger than Megahalems - in my opinion it should out-perform the megahalems with increasing heat/voltage. we will see more reviews this week, i guess. im pretty sure its better.

* einblasend = intake fans - so best setup for h50.

Xtreme Member
    i wonder why the h50 performs better when de fan is blowing in the case then blowing out of it?
    Another TJ-07 Builder
    Worklog Pending

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by killuah View Post
    Noctua is bigger than Megahalems - in my opinion it should out-perform the megahalems with increasing heat/voltage
    If we talk in these terms (bigger = better) the discution is worthless, build quality and arhitecture count much more than size.

NH-D14 tests comming (extreme tdp and cfm included), some other tests (True, Megahalems, Thor's Hammer etc) here.

I lapp a lot of True's (and many others) and the gain was no more than 2c (except Brocken). No way True perform that bad.
    Lapping details here and here.
    Last edited by poparamiro; 11-10-2009 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by poparamiro View Post
    If we talk in these terms (bigger = better) the discution is worthless, build quality and arhitecture count much more than size.

NH-D14 tests comming (extreme tdp and cfm included), some other tests (True, Megahalems, Thor's Hammer etc) here.

I lapp a lot of True's (and many others) and the gain was no more than 2c (except Brocken). No way True perform that bad.
    Lapping details here and here.
    The Noctua uses a optimized Design of the IFX14. Even the IFX14 is not far away from Megahalems, especially when u use 2 fans (push pull).

But we will see in the next Tests.

@busterben

because the temp inside the case is higher than outside. the h50 gets cooler air, so the temps are better. but when u not have enough exhaust fans installed, your temp inside the case will increase (because u usally use the exhaust fan for the h50)

sorry for my poor english skills

Xtreme Member
    thanks killuah, i understand now
    nothing wrong with your english though
    Another TJ-07 Builder
    Worklog Pending

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by killuah View Post

Its not high voltage, but the Noctua is bigger than Megahalems - in my opinion it should out-perform the megahalems with increasing heat/voltage. we will see more reviews this week, i guess. im pretty sure its better.

* einblasend = intake fans - so best setup for h50.

Sorry, but this doesn´t apply.
    Actually, watch some reviews where megahalems or H50 are included in graphs. Actually, get the sight more on Megahalems/shadows and you will see they don´t perform that well with "light" load.
    So, when you crack up some voltage and do some OC, all Heatsinks that performed better than this or TRUE 120 tend to fail and surrender again.

I think this might be the case of the NOctua, but I can´t tell if this is going to happen, so let´s wait for reviews before saying something is the king cooler.

Even it performs better at stock, we all know these high performance heatsinks aren´t actually meaned to run @ stock speeds.

EDIT: I actually would love Noctua has the same scaling performance because then it would actually beat anything out there.

someone in the german forum forumdeluxx.de got one of the new noctuas and says it definitly beats megahalems & h50 - but we will see, im 100% sure its the best cooler out there. even if its just a little bit better i hope tomorrow we will see some reviews

Xtreme Addict

Thumbs down

Looks nice. If it's significantly better than my Megahalems, I'll pick it up.

The three fans thing is interesting. You could fit 3 Noctua NF-P12 fans on this thing and get great cooling without the noise
    Intel Core i7 6900K
    Noctua NH-D15
    Asus X99A II
    32 GB G.Skill TridentZ @ 3400 CL15 CR1
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5
    Sennheiser HD-598
    Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
    Western Digital Raptor 600GB
    Asus 12x Blu-Ray Burner
    Sony Optiarc 24x DVD Burner with NEC chipset
    Antec HCP-1200w Power Supply
    Viewsonic XG2703-GS
    Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition
    Logitech G502 gaming mouse w/Razer Exact Mat
    Logitech G910 mechanical gaming keyboard
    Windows 8 x64 Pro

http://www.cowcotland.com/articles/4...t-assuree.html

BOOM! Its french. Repos = Idle, Charge = Load Temps.

Bye bye megahalems

Xtreme Addict
    I just ordered one and should have it before the weekend if I'm lucky
    I'll see how it does compared to a lapped true cu, on a AMD system
    Asus Crosshair IV Extreme
    AMD FX-8350
    AMD ref. HD 6950 2Gb x 2
    4x4Gb HyperX T1
    Corsair AX1200
    3 x Alphacool triple, 2 x Alphacool ATXP 6970/50, EK D5 dual top, EK Supreme HF

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Interesting, I would love to try one but I wish you could buy it without the fans.
    *CPU: Xeon X5650 @ 4.3 Ghz | Cooler: Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme
    *Asus Rampage III Formula | RAM: 36GB DDR3 (Tracer LED + Hyper X Savage)
    *Video Cards: Gigabyte Aorus 1080ti
    Sound Card: Sound Blaster Z | PSU: Corsair HX1000W | Display: BenQ PD3200u | JVC RS520 projector
    *Case: CoolerMaster HAF X (932 side panel) | Others: Roccat Kone AIMO | Roccat Alumic | Logitech G15 |Cameras: Sony A7R3 | RX100 V

Xtreme Addict
    I won´t care until I see results from heavily OCed i7.. Than I care.. cause cool things like i5 without much OC and silently.. that can almost every good CPU cooler today..
    i7 930 D0 - 4,2 GHz + Megashadow
    3x4GB Crucial 1600MHz CL8
    Foxconn Bloodrage rev. 1.1 - P09
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    SeaGate ES.2 1TB + 1TB External SeaGate
    Corsair HX 850W (its GOLD man!)
    ASUS STX + Sennheiser HD 555 (tape mod)

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

Xtreme Member
    Every chart where something like the H50 or something else is better than a Megahalems at pretty low rpm is crap. I suggest you boys keep your pants on and wait for some serious testing before throwing your hard earned pennies that easy. I'm not saying its not good but 4 degrees better than the best cooler on the market... Pigs started flying all of a sudden.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Same thing people were saying when a new contender used to show up to challenge TRUE back then.
    Last edited by shaolin95; 11-11-2009 at 08:06 AM.
    Sound Card: Sound Blaster Z | PSU: Corsair HX1000W | Display: BenQ PD3200u | JVC RS520 projector
    *Case: CoolerMaster HAF X (932 side panel) | Others: Roccat Kone AIMO | Roccat Alumic | Logitech G15 |Cameras: Sony A7R3 | RX100 V

Xtreme Enthusiast
    well.... it should be better if useing 3 fans etc.... megahelems in push pull still very very good and im more than happy with mine

http://www.caseandcooling.fr/refroid...nh-d14?start=3

Test with i7 @ 4ghz & 4.3ghz - Noctua wins.
    Last edited by killuah; 11-12-2009 at 04:05 AM.

Xtreme Member
    NH-D14 at high tdp and cfm is the best heatsink i ever tested (and i test some coolers)
    More test will follow.
    I am very impressed about it, i test and retest because i can't believe what i'v seen.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    This is looking good (except for the super ugly fans).
    I may be picking this one up.

Xtreme Member
    Ok, now we are talking more seriously.
    There are already 1-2 tests that show OCed i7 with better results.
    Thats great. Megahalems reign didn´t last that much.
    But still will wait for more reviews.

Xtreme Member
    1 degree Celsius between 800-1600 rpm is nothing if we take into account the difference in mass and dissipation area. But at much higher rpm the Noctua is from another planet. Good job but I'm pretty sure their goal was to make the best low rpm cooler and not a bench dream.

Xtreme Addict
    Test this on LGA1366 Core i7 @ 4+ GHz and then we'll talk. i5 results mean nothing to me.
    Intel Core i7 920 4 GHz | 18 GB DDR3 1600 MHz | ASUS Rampage II Gene | GIGABYTE HD7950 3GB WindForce 3X | WD Caviar Black 2TB | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Altec Lansing MX5021 | Corsair HX750 | Lian Li PC-V354
    Super silent cooling powered by (((Noiseblocker)))

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RejZoR View Post
    Test this on LGA1366 Core i7 @ 4+ GHz and then we'll talk. i5 results mean nothing to me.
    http://www.caseandcooling.fr/refroid...nh-d14?start=3

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Hewitt View Post
    the megahelems and the noctua 14 are neck and neck but the noctua is alot bigger than the mega so i will take the megahelems any day and with 2 fans not 3 fans. In my opinion for its size the mega still wins.

Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast