Thread: Anyone looking forward to Fedor v. Rogers tonight?

Xtreme Enthusiast

Smile Anyone looking forward to Fedor v. Rogers tonight?

Fedor "The Last Emperor" Emelianenko (30-1) vs. Brett “The Grim” Rogers (10-0) (for Heavyweight title)

Ahhh, yes…it’s the elephant in the room.

Let's forget for a second that Fedor’s agent, Vadim Finkelstein, is an absolute failure at his job, and that Fedor should be fighting Brock Lesnar for the UFC HW title. Let's forget that Fedor has fought five times in three years. Lets forget about the fact that Fedor isn’t that well known in the States, and that Brett Rogers is undefeated.

Seriously, throw all of that out the window for a second, because I’m about to drop a bomb on you.

This is a man who has never lost a fight fair and square.

Yes, he had a few close decisions when he was fighting in RINGS, but keep in mind, in RINGS they did not allow strikes to the head on the ground. In Fedor’s case, this was like outlawing Kareem’s sky hook. Yeah, he’d still be good, but not nearly AS good.

And yes, Cro Cop and (especially) Kazuyuki Fujita clipped him, and briefly sent him into an impromptu rendition of the Salmon Dance, but in both cases, he immediately fought off the cobwebs, and established dominance.

Other than that, the man has left a path of destruction that is simply unprecedented.

His ground-and-pound is fantastic, his submissions are slick, his top control is stifling, his stand-up game is underrated (seriously, for all the “holes” in his stand-up, why do I always get the feeling that he wants you to think his stand-up has holes? It's known as "playing possum"), his clinch game and sambo throws are sublime, and to top it off, WE ARE LETTING THIS MAN INTO A CAGE.

If Fedor pins Rogers’ head against the fence, phone a priest immediately.

As for Brett Rogers? Well, I’ve seen every fight of his that I can find, and I have three nice things to say: First, the man hits hard. That much, we can tell.

Second, he seems very relaxed, and poised on his feet.

And third, he looks like a cross between Ben Wallace, and every heavyweight boxing champion who ever lived. So, he has that going for him.

Fedor will fall eventually, but not here. Fedor by armbar in the first round.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...preview/page/2

I agree with the dude, Fedor SHOULD be in the UFC by now and fighting Brock Lesnar, Dana White and Fedor's manager need to quit the b**** fits and get a deal signed!

Aynways, 8pm tonight on CBS, can't wait!! I have my money on Fedor but Rogers is not to be messed with, should be a good fight to watch

isnt strike force fixed like ufc is, and is it bad that i thought that u were talking about tennis
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Just saw this looking through what was on tonight, hope its a good fight.

Xtreme Member
    that got knocked the out.
    asrock z77 extreme6
    G.SKILL Sniper F3-17000CL9Q-16GBSR
    asus 5870
    wd 1tb black
    Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by osiris999 View Post
    that got knocked the out.
    knocked the out indeed!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    isnt strike force fixed like ufc is, and is it bad that i thought that u were talking about tennis
    Same. I just thought he misspelled Federer.
    UFC is fixed?

So who won?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by faster3200 View Post
    UFC is fixed?

So who won?
    Do you have to ask?

UFC is fixed?

So who won?
    Fedor, of course. IN the second round a right punch to Rogers head... Rogers fell down like a sack of stones. Fedor followed up with a few head bouncers on the mat. Game over.

UFC is fixed?

So who won?
    look at ufc, the guy who wins is the guy who will gain market share or will up ratings for the next fight. and even thought they are supposed to beat the crap out of each other they are fine the next day out promoting things. im not saying that its wreathing fake but at a minimum they know who is supposed to win and they arnt going at it like back in the day.

i may just be cinical since i was a fan of the original but to me it looks like wrestling back in the day like the 70s or so before it became a mens soap opera like it is today
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Member
    Downloading the matches now, THX for the spoiler Rip

» Xeon X3360 @ 3.7 ~ 1.304 VCore
    » TRUE Black ~ Dual GT AP-14
    » Rampage Formula (Bios 902)
    » Corsair Dominator 8500C5D 2x2GB
    » X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro
    » Asus HD5850
    » 80GB X25-M G2 ~ 40GB X25-V ~ 2x WD10EADS (RAID 1)
    » Seasonic X-750
    » Lian Li PC-A05N

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyFire View Post
    Do you have to ask?
    To be fair, I have never watched UFC nor even heard of Strikeforce previous to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by [XC] riptide View Post
    Fedor, of course. IN the second round a right punch to Rogers head... Rogers fell down like a sack of stones. Fedor followed up with a few head bouncers on the mat. Game over.
    look at ufc, the guy who wins is the guy who will gain market share or will up ratings for the next fight. and even thought they are supposed to beat the crap out of each other they are fine the next day out promoting things. im not saying that its wreathing fake but at a minimum they know who is supposed to win and they arnt going at it like back in the day.

i may just be cinical since i was a fan of the original but to me it looks like wrestling back in the day like the 70s or so before it became a mens soap opera like it is today
    Thanks.

Xtreme Member

lol r u serious? no one knows who is going to win. Depending on the fight, sometimes you get a good idea of who will win, but the unexpected always happens. Anyone can get caught over some mistake. There have been plenty of times where Dana white or the ufc have wanted a specific fighter to win, but the fighter ended up losing. Who wants to promote all these fighters like machida, anderson, wanderlei and all those other fighters that need translators to speak LOL.

Yeah i mean i guess fedor is fine after winning last night. He only broke his nose and ed up his fist again. They checked him out at the hospital on saturday night, but he had to go back the next day to see if his fist is broken.

I dont see how you can compare new MMA to fake wrestling and soap opera. You must know a lot about the sport since you watched the original, where no one had close to as much talent as the fighters today. Most of the fighters back then did not have any skill and only knew how to brawl or were only good at one thing..ie brazillian jiu jitsu, wrestling, boxing, muay thai. Nowadays every fighter has skill sets in more than one fighting technique.

Just because they dont brawl like street fights anymore, doesnt mean they aren't going at each other with the intent to win and knock someone out or tap them out. Now everyone has skill and uses skill to win instead of throwing massive lefts and rights hoping to land one. You don't see boxers in boxing just throwing bombs 24/7. There is a strategy when it comes to high level fighting.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by dietwaterrr View Post
    lol r u serious? no one knows who is going to win. Depending on the fight, sometimes you get a good idea of who will win, but the unexpected always happens. Anyone can get caught over some mistake. There have been plenty of times where Dana white or the ufc have wanted a specific fighter to win, but the fighter ended up losing. Who wants to promote all these fighters like machida, anderson, wanderlei and all those other fighters that need translators to speak LOL.

Yeah i mean i guess fedor is fine after winning last night. He only broke his nose and ed up his fist again. They checked him out at the hospital on saturday night, but he had to go back the next day to see if his fist is broken.

I dont see how you can compare new MMA to fake wrestling and soap opera. You must know a lot about the sport since you watched the original, where no one had close to as much talent as the fighters today. Most of the fighters back then did not have any skill and only knew how to brawl or were only good at one thing..ie brazillian jiu jitsu, wrestling, boxing, muay thai. Nowadays every fighter has skill sets in more than one fighting technique.

Just because they dont brawl like street fights anymore, doesnt mean they aren't going at each other with the intent to win and knock someone out or tap them out. Now everyone has skill and uses skill to win instead of throwing massive lefts and rights hoping to land one. You don't see boxers in boxing just throwing bombs 24/7. There is a strategy when it comes to high level fighting.
    agreed 100%. UFC isn't fake..
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    agreed 100%. UFC isn't fake..
    Thanks. I'm not saying UFC or any other organization is perfect either. There's corruption in everything...

still dunno how machida won over shogun...Besides these stats, he definitely dominated.