Thread: Looking for a new monitor (IPS or PVA)

Xtreme Member

Looking for a new monitor (IPS or PVA)

Hi guys.
    Well my birthday is near and i'm desperate for a new monitor.
    I'm looking for a IPS or PVA panel monitor, with the lowest input lag, and also with a FullHD resolution (1920x1080 or more).
    It will be mostly used (in that order) for playing games, editing photos and watching movies.
    The budget is undefined, since my parents are buying it.
    The screen size should be between 24" and 26", since there is no more space in my desk for a 30".
    Thanks for advice
    ePOWER EP-2000P10-T3 REVIEW at www.newegg.com

Pros: Powering my computer along with my air conditioner and my refrigerator, and I used it to jump start my truck once.

Cons: The only problem was the FBI at my door saying something about knocking out power for the east coast...not sure what thats about.

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    Dell 2410. They're great screens, great colours, and with the modern revisions the input lag problem of the earlier models (eg. the 2408WFP) is completely fixed providing you turn all scaler functions etc. off and use your graphics card drivers instead.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...4&sku=320-8277

About $550 in US dollars (which since you haven't listed anything different I'm going to assume is your location).
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulsCollective View Post
    Dell 2410. They're great screens, great colours, and with the modern revisions the input lag problem of the earlier models (eg. the 2408WFP) is completely fixed providing you turn all scaler functions etc. off and use your graphics card drivers instead.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...4&sku=320-8277

About $550 in US dollars (which since you haven't listed anything different I'm going to assume is your location).
    looking good, gonna search some reviews .
    ePOWER EP-2000P10-T3 REVIEW at www.newegg.com

Pros: Powering my computer along with my air conditioner and my refrigerator, and I used it to jump start my truck once.

Cons: The only problem was the FBI at my door saying something about knocking out power for the east coast...not sure what thats about.

I am Xtreme
    Don't get PVA, get either TN or IPS. PVA used to be decent, not any more.
    And +1 to 2410.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.