Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: MSI Xtreme Speeder P55 Announced!

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by yngndrw View Post
    I think RichBa5tard's (As well as HWBot's, as he is representing them in his posts.) is closed minded and plain ridiculous.

"Our moderators are god-like and can spot anything" is a disgraceful attitude to have when running any competition or system requiring security and you should be ashamed.
    Although you would be right if we in fact had the attitude of god-like people, I'm absolutely positive that every single staff member is aware of the possible loopholes. All we do is try our best to keep it as fair as possible, which sometimes ends up in people calling us names and accuse us of all the dirty things of this world.

What I wonder about, though, is how you manage to use the word 'ashamed' in this thread to comment on what RichBa5tard said ...
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

World Champion - IRONMODS
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    Congrats topalof andreyang coolaler...that gd65 and gd80 boards are very good

successful competition MSI...we hope you host many more to come
    ^^^^This

Why can't we just enjoy the few competitions we do have
    Quote Originally Posted by Massman
    My definition of 'efficient' is 'it does not suck monkeyballs'. Yes, I set bars low.
    [CENTER]The post counter is not an intelligence meter!

MAX11L - "It's like a console...with the suck turned down and the awesome turned up" -tet5uo
    Heat Team IRONMODS

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by massman View Post
    Although you would be right if we in fact had the attitude of god-like people, I'm absolutely positive that every single staff member is aware of the possible loopholes. All we do is try our best to keep it as fair as possible, which sometimes ends up in people calling us names and accuse us of all the dirty things of this world.

What I wonder about, though, is how you manage to use the word 'ashamed' in this thread to comment on what RichBa5tard said ...
    My comment is not directly at the individual members of staff, but instead is aimed at the attitude portrayed by RichBa5tard and hence the attitude of HWBot as a whole, or at least as he is representing it.

My comment is not on what was / was not done by the staff in order to prevent this, but instead on the attitude towards youngpro's comment. The attitude come across as saying that the staff were guaranteed to catch all cheats.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by your last comment.

Xtreme Member
    [QUOTE=RichBa5tard;4153981]You did not forfeit $4500, as your submissions where blocked by HWBOT crew and marked as invalid shortly after submission.

Are you understanding that his scores were legit, so yes he did forfeit $4500
    In his eyes foreiting $4500 to improve the competition overclocking was well worth it.

Best tactic maybe not ?
    But think about this i spend a huge amount of money on hardware and hundreds of litres of LN2, spend endless nights watching BSOD and trying setting. If people can photo shop and beat me whats the point a better system needs to implemented when big cash prizes are involved, yes we should all trust people but alot of people are not trustworthy.

Dont slam one of the best overclockers in the world when he is trying to improve this for everyone, you dont have to agree with his tactics or even like them. This was huge risk he took and i am sure he knew the consequences all we can hope out of this is that something is done to improve the current system, no i dont know how but its got everyone thinking of a way doesn't it.

peace people

Xtreme Addict
    he didn't "improve" anything mate, in fact, it had the opposite effect.

Belgium's #1 Hardware Review Site and OC-Team!

I am Xtreme
    Have you seen the screenshots uncle_fester ?

@yngndrw : Also don't forget there are many people around here which mother tongue is not english and what sounds ironic to another, might sound darn harsh to another...

Congratz to Topaloff, Andre and and Coolaler... nice Xmass present :p
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

Xtreme Member
    he didn't "improve" anything mate, in fact, it had the opposite effect. [jmke]
    as i said he was "TRYING to improve the scene".

I have seen some photoshop guru's and graphic editors that could easily manipulate any screen shot to be something its not mean look at where cgi is at today, do i feel we need a bit better way of proving validation yes, do i have the answer as to how ... NO i wish i could be of assitance but i am sure if we all think about it we may be able to improve the whole level of competition overclocking.

I dont want a flame fest or to insult anyone, i just want to see a good outcome out of a bad situation.
    We all love this sport as a passion i for one plan on keeping it that way.

Xtreme Addict
    there are 1001 ways to "try and improve"; cheating is not one of them.

Xtreme Member
    Ok a bit OT on the HWnot/Youngpro ...but still within the MSI P55 contest hehehe

---I was excited when i saw one email from MSI on the P55 contest. I told my wife that finally I won in the raffle. I though it was a motherboard and replied to the MSI email immediately. When i read the message again ...it was just the big bang bag and not the big bang board! hahahahaha

---- Message from MSI ----

Congratulations!

You’ve won an MSI Big Bang Bag in the HWBOT [Xtreme Speeder] competition.

We plan to deliver it by Jan. 8th ,2010.

I got an e-mail too!

Congratulations!

You’ve won an MSI Big Bang-Fuzion mainboard in the HWBOT [Xtreme Speeder] competition.
    Thanks MSI

Why wasn't this announced anywhere?
    My definition of 'efficient' is 'it does not suck monkeyballs'. Yes, I set bars low.

MAX11L - "It's like a console...with the suck turned down and the awesome turned up" -tet5uo
    Heat Team IRONMODS

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by miahallen View Post
    Why wasn't this announced anywhere?
    Because it was announced somewhere: http://hwbot.org/article/news/msi_xt...raw_final_draw
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

LOL oops

Heat Team IRONMODS

Brotherhood
    LOL oops
    Congcrat Mia..you get good motherboard...

Congrats Hazzan on getting my $1K haha

It's funny that I won the motherboard based on my absolute worst submission...5GHz CPU-Z on my 870

Heat Team IRONMODS

Xtreme Member
    supeeer, I won Big bang fuzion mobo.

THX msi for nice competition!
    sorry for my bad english
    Team Inkognito is ready for overclocking!

Champion
    Congrats Hazzan on getting my $1K haha

It's funny that I won the motherboard based on my absolute worst submission...5GHz CPU-Z on my 870
    Finally you lucky too my friend...
    conggratz for bigbang winner mia...

Conggratz to my team mate hazzan for core i5 overall winner
    and topalof, Andre yang and coolaler too

PIfection
    this has been playing on my mind...

i had the right intentions, but i went about things the wrong way... i only have myself to blame... but id like to apologize to the hwbot staff and everyone involved for 'ruining' their competition, it was not my intention...

please accept my apology on this matter...

I am Xtreme
    Here's what I don't get...

Quote Originally Posted by RichBa5tard View Post
    I don't know, he does his best to keep his/her identity a secret. Only MSI will know who he his. His validation screens looks ok.
    That was at 6:18AM EST the day the competition ended. Going off the "40 minutes left" (at 5:25) post I'm going to assume the competition ended around 6AM EST?

You then said:

Quote Originally Posted by RichBa5tard View Post
    You are abusing online competitions trying to prove people try to cheat when money is involved?

Your submissions where spotted by HWBOT crew and marked as cheats less than half an hour after you submitted them. Consider yourself banned from HWBOT.
    So which is it?
    1) The post saying they seemed legit was a lie
    2) The post saying it took under half an hour was a lie
    3) You decided they were fake scores in the ~15 minutes after you posted saying they looked legit
    4) I'm just a big idiot (I'm guessing this one)

Bold move by Youngpro but it is a very serious issue. $4500 is a lot of cash on the line. Eventually, someone WILL cheat in online competitions with this much money involved. IMO having video proof is the best method but not many people would even bother if that were the case...
    Phenom II 940 BE / ASUS M4A79 / HD5770 Crossfire
    3770mhz CPU 2600mhz NB | DDR1040 5-5-5-15 | 900/1250

Xtreme Addict
    5) HWbot crew != RB alone.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by afireinside View Post
    So which is it?
    I checked the logs: it took 6 minutes to figure out who and what. And that shouldn't be that surprising; anyone who follows the overclocking scene could've figured that out within minutes.

Now, unless you want me to give you a 3-page response, I'd like to make it very short: what as been done cannot be undone. We can discuss this over and over again and never come to an agreement. So, let's not discuss it

FYI: the best method is live events, not video proof.

I am Xtreme
    I checked the logs: it took 6 minutes to figure out who and what. And that shouldn't be that surprising; anyone who follows the overclocking scene could've figured that out within minutes.

Now, unless you want me to give you a 3-page response, I'd like to make it very short: what as been done cannot be undone. We can discuss this over and over again and never come to an agreement. So, let's not discuss it

Gotcha I read the first post, then the second and it was bugging me so I had to ask. Figured it didn't take very long.
    Phenom II 940 BE / ASUS M4A79 / HD5770 Crossfire
    3770mhz CPU 2600mhz NB | DDR1040 5-5-5-15 | 900/1250

Yeah baby, yeah <Austin Powers tone>

Heat Team IRONMODS

Crunch-Fu Adept
    Yeah baby, yeah <Austin Powers tone>
    with chicks and cooling beer with l.N2
    Sometimes a good slap in the face is all you need

Bios my arss.....
    I can fix this problem with a hardware mod....
    Hipro5

"Overclock till death. Overclocking is life." Hipro5

Yeah....my Fuzion arrived! Thanks MSI

Heat Team IRONMODS

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456