Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: MSI Xtreme Speeder P55 Announced!

hwbot crew
    I don't know, he does his best to keep his/her identity a secret. Only MSI will know who he his. His validation screens looks ok.
    HTPC (win xp): Turion MT-30 @ 2Ghz | NF4 | XFX 7900GT | 26" TFT
    Development (mac osx): Macbook Pro | Core Duo 1.86Ghz | 1.5GB DDR2

Brotherhood
    Congcrat all participant and all winner...

hope can get for the best overall Core i5....
    Quote Originally Posted by LardArse View Post
    i think you are asking the wrong person about safety limits, but

Champion
    conggrats for the winner...

I am Xtreme
    Winners will be announced somewhere next week: http://hwbot.org/article/news/staff_...er_submissions
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

Xtreme X.I.P
    So Congratz to Hwnot who wins with Hicookie 870 ^^ Well done guy ?
    ***** Visit us on PCWorld.fr *****

PIfection
    hwNOT is obviously me,

all screenshots are modified and if i didnt leave in obvious things (which i did on purpose) you would of had no idea that these were modified... oh and please be aware, all those times are actually real, so i forfeited $4500 to make a point, so listen up..

i did this FOR A PURPOSE, to show the idea of online competitions is not working..

how do we know the screenshot is real? how do we know the cpuz validation is real? its a trust thing? cmon man there is huge money on the line...

i think its worth rethinking the whole online competition thing... ATLEAST requiring video photage of what is going on?
    Last edited by youngpro; 12-13-2009 at 05:57 PM.

hwbot crew
    You are abusing online competitions trying to prove people try to cheat when money is involved?

Your submissions where spotted by HWBOT crew and marked as cheats less than half an hour after you submitted them. Consider yourself banned from HWBOT.

PIfection
    Quote Originally Posted by RichBa5tard View Post
    You are abusing online competitions trying to prove people try to cheat when money is involved?
    well, yes.

Your submissions where spotted by HWBOT crew and marked as cheats less than half an hour after you submitted them. Consider yourself banned from HWBOT.
    you read my post above right? i change things in screenshots on purpose, if i didnt change things like cpu multiplier, then you wouldnt of noticed...

if you hadnt noticed mate, i stopped with hwbot a long time ago...
    Last edited by youngpro; 12-13-2009 at 06:54 PM.

hwbot crew
    Quote Originally Posted by youngpro View Post
    well, yes.
    News flash, people always try to cheat when money is involved. This isn't limited to online overclocking competitions, but any kind of competition.

Imagine Armstrong winning tour de France and telling the public that he took a new drug which was not discovered by officials. Do you think people would applaud them? This is exactly the same, youngpro. You abused a competition for what, your ego?

you read my post above right? i change things in screenshots on purpose, if i didnt change things like cpu multiplier, then you wouldnt of noticed...

if you hadnt noticed mate, i stopped with hwbot a long time ago
    Good for you, so now you decided to ruin the fun for people who do enjoy benching on hwbot?

imo its a number of individuals that think they run the rules of benchmarking,
    You can not claim online HWBOT competitions need to be policed harder, and then complain HWBOT is trying to define the rules of benchmarking. You are contradicting yourself, my friend.

so why are they doing this job in the first place? to make money right? its a long term business plan..
    HWBOT exists more than 5 years and hasn't made a penny profit since day one.
    Last edited by RichBa5tard; 12-13-2009 at 07:13 PM.

PIfection
    i think mate there is a few issues here, and they are ONLY my own, so i am not talking for anyone else... i dont think anyone from hwbot is disadvantaged here, i submitted with only a few minutes to go, and once hwNOT is removed everyones scores will be where they should be...

this competition hijack is not targeted towards hwbot, it is targeted towards all online competitions that are FAILING time and time again.. turning the online community against each other.. i do this to highlight how this is not working and how easy it would be to win a competition by faking it..

i only want to IMPROVE this online competition and make it fair in the future,

you can think whatever you want of me, but you must remember, i forfeited $4500 to make this point... so please consider this when you think about what happened there...

hwbot crew
    You did not forfeit $4500, as your submissions where blocked by HWBOT crew and marked as invalid shortly after submission.

We could use the same policy as in cycling. We could acknowledge that we can not check for all cheats, but force people who win prize money in competitions sign a contract that if their submissions are a violation against hwbot rules, they need to pay a hefty fine and are no longer allowed to join any competition for 2 years. The downside is that we can not afford to enforce legal action.

PIfection
    You did not forfeit $4500, as your submissions where blocked by HWBOT crew and marked as invalid shortly after submission.
    well infact i did, because if i submitted my screenshots without tampering with them they would be perfectly valid

Xtreme Addict
    no mate, they would not have been valid, dude; there's nothing "Pro" about your attitude or posting photoshopped results under a double account.

It's a sad day when a once "respected" overclocker stoops this low to try and gain first place.
    Last edited by jmke; 12-14-2009 at 07:06 AM.

Belgium's #1 Hardware Review Site and OC-Team!

I am Xtreme
    if you hadnt noticed mate, i stopped with hwbot a long time ago...
    I think that was the right choice.
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

PIfection
    Quote Originally Posted by massman View Post
    I think that was the right choice.
    yes of course

Xtreme X.I.P.
    hwNOT is obviously me,

all screenshots are modified and if i didnt leave in obvious things (which i did on purpose) you would of had no idea that these were modified... oh and please be aware, all those times are actually real, so i forfeited $4500 to make a point, so listen up..

i did this FOR A PURPOSE, to show the idea of online competitions is not working..

how do we know the screenshot is real? how do we know the cpuz validation is real? its a trust thing? cmon man there is huge money on the line...

i think its worth rethinking the whole online competition thing... ATLEAST requiring video photage of what is going on?
    In some way, i agree with the video requirement for this kind of competition, but in order to have a decent resolution I guess you need something better than a cellphone. Who will pay for that? The manufacturer that supports the competition? One to each participant? Doesn't sound very realistic to me. And if it's up to the benchers to buy that kind of gear (not to mention all the trouble to set it up properly) these competitions won't be very popular, maybe except for the top 10 folks out there.
    --->TeamPURE<---

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Pro, what you did was clearly bad from every point of views (your nickname, the lastminute submission, the faked screenshot,...).

I really like you as a great and respected overclocker and I would love to think that your 'action' started with a good feeling : improving online competitions. However, I think that it deserved hwbot and you.

I am Xtreme
    You really got me puzzled now Youngpro, you wanted to stress points (tweaks/ cheats, rule bending, biased decisions,... in OC events) that I've been discussing so much lately here in the RIP F1OC thread and co. Putting myself in the bad boy daylight because of the fact that I'm a bloody nag ( I know I am , ask my wife :p ) and write what I think. I'm a nobody and I can only go up... You however got far more credibility to loose here... I think the sacrifice (maybe you don't care) is too big for what you did here... I don't really grasp what you were actually trying to achieve with this action.
    Last edited by Leeghoofd; 12-14-2009 at 11:15 AM.

after reading this whole thread hmm.. we can see people have alot different in interest, some are idealism, some are flexible ( straigth ok, cheat also ok, result all maters), people like pro is very pity, he dont know the glory of competition, and stress out to think, how to win in every way, i think alot of people will be very dissapointed by him, especially people that supporting him, and say to others, "he didnt CHEAT", and here come the real man talking, and put them (his supporter) look bad..

speechless to people like you.. hope your friendship relation still attach with others ...

well everything gets hot when big money involved..:

congrats to topaloff and all the winner, and thnks to msi and hwbot for hosting the comp

btw i noticed other strange submission (like ocnothing with a gb board for system picture).. it could be better if participant also require to include mb serial number, so manufacturer can verified this (or maybe give a discount price to attract participant )

Peace out!
    Last edited by the-strokes; 12-16-2009 at 09:48 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    so manufacturer can verified this (or maybe give a discount price to attract participant )
    or mail-in rebate or similar? proof of posting score with brand hardware, get money back

good idea

Xtreme Addict
    Somewhere on earth between Taipei, Paris and Montreal
    Even with references number you can cheat jsut take ref number from a friend that have the board or go to e shop write down the Serial and here you go.

Validation system is the only 'way to go' as they can still be cheated or biaised, they must contain as much info as possible but this make a problem about update and new hardware detection etc. And also a strong crypting algorythm for people no not 'fake' submission results...

As everyone may know, there's NO SYSTEM entirely secured. But we can have make it stronger to cheat / change / result etc.

on vantage you've submission, this submissions lacks some informations.

From my POV Screenshot should there as 'show off' and informative content not "used to validate content" as it's "only" an image !

@ jmke / massman : humm try to catch me on MSN when you'll have time
    Overclocking-TV Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hipro5 View Post
    Ha, ha, ha.....NO WAY.....When I show someone preparing to take a shot, I hided the cigarette....

Xtreme Addict
    I think RichBa5tard's (As well as HWBot's, as he is representing them in his posts.) is closed minded and plain ridiculous.

"Our moderators are god-like and can spot anything" is a disgraceful attitude to have when running any competition or system requiring security and you should be ashamed.

I am Xtreme
    Congrats topalof andreyang coolaler...that gd65 and gd80 boards are very good

successful competition MSI...we hope you host many more to come

awesome writeup massman

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by yngndrw View Post
    I think RichBa5tard's (As well as HWBot's, as he is representing them in his posts.) is closed minded and plain ridiculous.

"Our moderators are god-like and can spot anything" is a disgraceful attitude to have when running any competition or system requiring security and you should be ashamed.
    ->

De beste stuurlui staan aan wal
    >The best steersmen are ashore<
    (i.e. Outsiders always think they know better)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast