Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MSI Xtreme Speeder P55 Announced!

Hybrid View

I am Xtreme

Exclamation MSI Xtreme Speeder P55 Announced!

In co-operation with HWBOT, MSI is hosting a new P55 overclocking competition as of November the 14th. Prizes are to be announced soon as well, but I can guarantee it's pretty sick ... in the good way.

MSI launched P55 Xtreme Speed series motherboards for two months now, and countless worldwide top media gave MSI P55 the highest recommendation on performance, stability and quality. Therefore, on behalf of MSI, we invite all overclockers around the world to join the Xtreme Speeder P55 Online Competition and to challenge undiscovered extreme overclocking territory of MSI P55 and Intel Lynnfield CPU.

1. Concept

The Xtreme Speeder P55 online competition consists of one main competition, divided into three stages with each an extra challenge. Although this sounds extremely complicated in theory, you will see that it is in fact a very straight-forward and certainly most interesting competition.

The main competition consists out of three stages which will be discussed in the next paragraph. For each stage you can gather points and whoever gathers the most points in each stage wins the overall competition. Next to the main competition, there will also be prizes awarded for the winner of each stage and in addition a bonus prize for breaking a world record!

The competition period:
    • Start: 15/11/2009 (15th of November 2009) 12:00:00 CEST
    • End: 13/12/2009 (13th of December 2009) 12:00:00 CEST

2. Competition details

2.a. Stages

Before we go deeper into the competition, it’s important for you to understand that it is not an absolute necessity to submit a score to each stage of the competition. No submitting doesn’t lead to disqualification, but it does lower your chances of winning one of the big prizes awarded to the overall winners. In other words, it is perfectly possible to focus completely on one stage to win the prize awarded to the stage winner. Underneath a list of the three stages.
    • CPU-Z: Highest CPU frequency validation
    • SuperPI 32M
    • Wprime 32M

2.b. Hardware requirements

As this an MSI P55 competition, we do have a couple of hardware limitations set in place to make sure the playing field is as equal as possible. Underneath a list of the competition-specific limitations.
    • Processor must be Lynnfield core
    • Motherboard brand must be MSI
    • Retail hardware only

2.c. Scoring methodology

So, as you already know from the introduction, the overall winners are appointed using the total amount of points gathered during the three stages. Evidently, the overclocker who gathers the most points wins the competition, but this does not mean that this person has won all three stages. It is even possible to be the overall winner without winning any of the stages!

For each stage, this is the scoring algorythm:
    • 1st = 10 points
    • 2nd = 8 points
    • 3rd = 6 points
    • 4th = 5 points
    • 5th = 4 points
    • 6th = 3 points
    • 7th = 2 points
    • 8th = 1 point

In other words, the maximum amount of points that can be acquired is 30.

3. Prizes

The actual prizes will be revealed at the beginning of the actual competition (15th of November), but we can share that the estimated total value of prizes exceeds USD $10.000!
    http://hwbot.org/article/news/msi_xt...ne_competition

UPDATE: Prizes

• Overall top three prizes
      • First Place: USD $2000
      • Second Place: USD $1500
      • Third Place: USD $1000
      • Special Prize for Core i5 Overall Top Score: USD $1000

• Stage winners
      • CPU-Z, SuperPI 32M, Wprime 32M: USD $1000

• World record breaker
      • CPU-Z, SuperPI 32M, Wprime 32M: USD $500

• Lucky draw
      • MSI Big Bang Fuzion mainboard: 1 per week (4 in total)
      • MSI Big Bang limited edition book bag: 5 per week (20 in total)
    Last edited by massman; 11-02-2009 at 05:05 AM.
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

Xtreme Addict
    Somewhere on earth between Taipei, Paris and Montreal
    nice

So bad you haven't 3DMark 01... that way could maybe break the 01 WR on MSI P55 ^^
    Overclocking-TV Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hipro5 View Post
    Ha, ha, ha.....NO WAY.....When I show someone preparing to take a shot, I hided the cigarette....

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Buy a MSI P55 motherboard and a LGA1156 CPU to win another MSI motherboooooard
    Boooo, no thanks

Sorry for being an a*s but I had to say it.
    The manufacturers seem to try to squeeze out every single bit of juice... erm money from us by luring us into "contests" that require buying their hardware in order to win something.
    Hell, buy 1 PC from me and I'll give you a free i5 CPU + a 3D Mark06 key
    I can do that too, you see ?

At least Gigabyte had the guts to allow us to use components from any branded and not necessarily Gigabyte's own stuff.
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by BenchZowner View Post
    Buy a MSI P55 motherboard and a LGA1156 CPU to win another MSI motherboooooard
    Boooo, no thanks
    Then you're not understanding the basics of this competition.

The motherboard that you can win is through the Lucky Draw part of the competition. If you buy an MSI motherboard, you can win cash prizes.

Quote Originally Posted by BenchZowner View Post
    At least Gigabyte had the guts to allow us to use components from any branded and not necessarily Gigabyte's own stuff.
    No. Check the rules of Gigabyte's P55 competition over at Futuremark ... what type of motherboard you need?

Champion
    Thank you MSI and HWbot for this competition :-) now i must buy some retail i7 860 CPU
    Think different! < Be different!

Xtremely Bad Overclocker
    Quote Originally Posted by A2C View Post
    Thank you MSI and HWbot for this competition :-) now i must buy some retail i7 860 CPU
    +1
    Too bad I have just invested most of my money in a new 1366 system but maybe I can team up with a crew buddy
    | '12 IvyBridge - "ticks different"... | AwardFabrik IvyBridge round I by SoF | AwardFabrik IvyBridge round II by angoholic & stummerwinter
    | '11 The SandyBridge madness... | AwardFabrik / Team LDK OC-Season 2011/2012 Opening Event
    | '10 Gulftown LaunchDay OC round up @ASUS RIIE | 3DM05 2x GPU WR LIVE @Cebit 2010 @ASUS MIIIE | SandyBridge arrived @ASUS P8P67

| '09 Foxconn Avenger | E8600 | Foxconn A79A-S | Phenom II 940 BE | LaunchDay Phenom II OC round up
    | '08 7.438s 1m LN2 | AMD 1m WR LN2 | 2nd AOCM | Phenom II teasing
    | '07 100% E2140 | 106.5% E2160 | 100% E4500 | 103% E4400 | 5508 MHZ E6850 | 7250 MHZ P4 641 126.5% by SoF and AwardFabrik Crew all on Gigabyte DS3P c? and LN2...
    | '06 3800+ X2 Manchester 0531TPEW noHS 3201MHZ c? | 3200+ Venice noHS 3279MHZ c? | Opteron 148 0536CABYE 3405MHZ c? all on Gigabyte K8NXP-SLI compressorcooled

| '05 3500+[NC], 3000+[W], 2x 3200+[W], 3500+[NC], 3200+[V] 0516GPDW

Quote Originally Posted by saaya
    sof pulled a fermi on all of us !!!

Team AF
    Looks interesting indeed. Trying to participate as well

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by massman View Post
    Then you're not understanding the basics of this competition.

The motherboard that you can win is through the Lucky Draw part of the competition. If you buy an MSI motherboard, you can win cash prizes.
    Well, the prize details weren't there, so I assumed the usual stuff.
    Now, what you said makes more sense, but still the contest isn't entirely "entry free" [ dare us to use any P55 motherboard MSI ]

No. Check the rules of Gigabyte's P55 competition over at Futuremark ... what type of motherboard you need?
    I was talking about the Beat Me If You Dare contest Pieter
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

I am Xtreme
    I've updated the newspost with the prizes :-).

Wanna look under my kilt?
    Winning compos like this can bring overclockers to a companys attention for support etc. A much bigger prize than anyone cheque or one-off mobo IMHO

Good luck to those who enter! Im choosing to not buy a '750 just for a compo
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Isnt it a bit tricky to go and bench Wprime with them P55's ? or are they using a lotus socket now?

Champion
    Nice, I think I will join..
    "We are competing, competing to win. And the main motivation is to compete for victory" - Ayrton Senna

take me to the manbar
    i think it's fine if we can use only msi boards.

the cash prizez are huge, more than the cost of the board. and if you dont have a 5.3+ cpu don't waste your time entering with the hope of winning

like the beat me if you dare comp, if hipro is entering, don't get excited about winning ^_^

Signed!

GD80 + X3460 For the Win!

Champion
    looks very interesting... joined i5 section..

the cash prizez are huge, more than the cost of the board. and if you dont have a 5.3+ cpu don't waste your time entering with the hope of winning
    yes vivi... but i just trying to participate benching just for fun m8...
    cant afford to buy i7 870...

take me to the manbar
    Quote Originally Posted by ekky View Post
    looks very interesting... joined i5 section..

yes vivi... but i just trying to participate benching just for fun m8...
    cant afford to buy i7 870...
    whoops! sorry i sounded AMAZINGLY rude in that post! ! its always fun! YAAAA. i will enter also

Champion
    Unfortunately, China has not I7 870

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by x-powerx800pro View Post
    MSI is awarding a special prize to the overall i5 750 winner

World Champion - IRONMODS
    MSI is awarding a special prize to the overall i5 750 winner
    What's up Massman? I was debating for a bit, but I think I'll join in on this competition, thanks for getting this together, and thanks to MSI for continued OC'er support

Massman, is it OK to compete with two CPUs? Maybe an i5 for the i5 bonus prize, and an i7 for the overall win? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Massman
    My definition of 'efficient' is 'it does not suck monkeyballs'. Yes, I set bars low.
    [CENTER]The post counter is not an intelligence meter!

MAX11L - "It's like a console...with the suck turned down and the awesome turned up" -tet5uo
    Heat Team IRONMODS

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by miahallen View Post
    Massman, is it OK to compete with two CPUs? Maybe an i5 for the i5 bonus prize, and an i7 for the overall win? Thanks!
    you may compete even with 8 CPUs

Belgium's #1 Hardware Review Site and OC-Team!

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    What's up Massman? I was debating for a bit, but I think I'll join in on this competition, thanks for getting this together, and thanks to MSI for continued OC'er support

Don't you be greedy, some of us only have Core i5 750 to play with

Quote Originally Posted by x-powerx800pro View Post
    why do you need a 870? suxxs same as 860 in most cases I think!
    for 32M Pi you can use 750(only lower UC)/860/870 with the same winning chance.

We will do our best to fight hard in this competion, I think MSI P55-GD80 is best MSI Board EVER!

Xtreme Addict
    0.37% of visitors come from China at HWbot

Belgium's #1 Hardware Review Site and OC-Team!

World Champion - IRONMODS
    That doesn't seem very "PURE" Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by Massman
    My definition of 'efficient' is 'it does not suck monkeyballs'. Yes, I set bars low.
    [CENTER]The post counter is not an intelligence meter!

MAX11L - "It's like a console...with the suck turned down and the awesome turned up" -tet5uo
    Heat Team IRONMODS

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    That doesn't seem very "PURE" Chris
    Some of us are on budgets

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast