Thread: Looking for new video card, advice needed

Looking for new video card, advice needed

Currently I have the regular edition of the Evga 8800GT. But I want to be able to play Starcraft 2 on "High" graphic settings (I like really good graphics).

Because last night I was playing it. And I used RivaTuner to bump up the fan speed to 70%. And all of a sudden it shut off (my computer). It still works fine. But, I had to change it to medium settings.

I can spend probably around $150. & I'm pretty sure my PSU is only 450, I know for a fact its not more then 500 watts. I noticed this on newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814150365

^^ XFX GTS 250. Will it work with my PSU? My motherboard = ASUS P5N-T Deluxe. Also. The fan controls itself on that card? Any better then my evga 8800GT. Would a Evga GT 240 be any better?

Thank you

EDIT - Also. If any1 has different choices. I looked in my computer case. A stock (if it matters) evga 8800GT barely fit in my case. Had to be careful with the wiring. I'd prefer something where the fan/cooling is very efficient. As my computer auto-shutdowns while trying to play Starcraft 2.
    Last edited by boogey; 08-19-2010 at 11:02 PM.