Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So how was your halloween?

Talking So how was your halloween?

Mine was good. Here is me fighting a ghostbuster over a wench
    Attached Images Attached Images

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

6x 140mm LED fans, 1x 200mm LED fan | Modified CoolerMaster Masterliquid 240

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Personally, i HATE Halloween. It annoys the crap out of me. And i got dragged along to a party last night that i really didnt want to go to. Sure, it got me out of the flat, which is a good thing, but still...would rather have stayed in and daydreamed instead...

Main Rig

Intel Core i7-2600K (SLB8W, E0 Stepping) @ 4.6Ghz (4.6x100), Corsair H80i AIO Cooler
    MSI Z77A GD-65 Gaming (MS-7551), v25 BIOS
    Kingston HyperX 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-19200 Kit (HX24C11BRK2/16-OC) @ 1.5v, 11-13-13-30 Timings (1:8 Ratio)
    8GB MSI Radeon R9 390X (1080 Mhz Core, 6000 Mhz Memory)
    NZXT H440 Case with NZXT Hue+ Installed
    24" Dell U2412HM (1920x1200, e-IPS panel)
    1 x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO (Boot & Install)
    1 x 2Tb Hitachi 7K2000 in External Enclosure (Scratch Disk)

Entertainment Setup

Samsung Series 6 37" 1080p TV
    Gigabyte GA-J1800N-D2H based media PC, Mini ITX Case, Blu-Ray Drive
    Netgear ReadyNAS104 w/4x2TB Toshiba DTACA200's for 5.8TB Volume size

I refuse to participate in any debate with creationists because doing so would give them the "oxygen of respectability" that they want.
    Creationists don't mind being beaten in an argument. What matters to them is that I give them recognition by bothering to argue with them in public.

Xtreme Member
    Had a pretty good time myself Ket.
    Halloween is 1 of my favorite holidays.
    Had a small party at the house and scared the trick or treaters.
    Killer
    Core i7 980X @ 4.2Ghz
    EVGA X58 761 Classified
    2x XFX 5870
    3x2Gig Kingston Hyper X 2100mhz
    Corsair HX1000 Watt Modular
    Water Cooling
    3DMark Vantage 41312

Party I went to wasn't overly big either, but quality over quantity. Ended up being a proper laugh with me playing twister drunk, and falling over on my very first go lol

@ kai.. given you pointing a gun at a computer i'd say getting out the flat was a good thing for u

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Xtreme Cruncher
    Got drunk and i think im still drunk actually.
    ~ Little Slice of Heaven ~
    Lian Li PC-A05NB w/ Gentle Typhoons
    Core i7 860 @ 3gHz w/ Thor's Hammer
    eVGA P55 SLI
    8GB RAM
    Gigabyte 7970
    Corsair HX850
    OZC Vertex3 SSD 240GB

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Great day for me!

Started out tailgating early for the Northwestern game slamming bloody mary's by 10:00 am and graduated to shots and beers by noon, after watching the Wildcats lose continued the after party til 7:00 and then went out to another party and met some friends i have not seen in some time. By the time i was through drankinnsmokin 3:00 AM was hitting and it was time to quit.

Wish i could party like i was 25 again but old man time keeps things in check i guess.

Engineering The Xtreme
    Just want to say that Halloween at college is better than Christmas, my (fraternity) house had its party on friday night, got about 300 ppl and I went out last night aswell, great stuff

Quote Originally Posted by HuffPCair View Post
    I hear ya on that one.. I drank so much even today if I make any sudden movements all the alcohol swishes around in me an I feel like I'm drunk all over again

"Prowler"

Cooling:

Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Xtreme Mentor
    Amazing, just amazing.

Halloween on Lincoln Road, Miami is amazing. Costumes you would never expect....

Quote Originally Posted by HuffPCair View Post
    That's pretty much what my friend said after his party. He was on this morning and told me he's still drunk. I guess he doesn't even remember about half of last night. He went back to bed.

I, on the other hand, spent Halloween reinstalling Windows.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Went to the fab forty's and took the kid for a little trick or treating. It took us an hour and a half to do 4 blocks. It was packed!!

I always remember the adults bringing a cup for their treat and last night was the most I've ever seen. There were tons of adults there with no kids and all of them smelled like booze.
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Kayin View Post
    Should the RIAA ever target me, I will immediately forfeit US citizenship and move back to reservation, which has no extradition policy and would probably tell Whitey to get bent or we'll scalp you and take your women...
    Free Omastar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Attack Dachshund
    had a couple dozen trick or treaters, mostly kids in the neighborhood. though a van pulled up at one point and about 8 kids jumped out, so I doubt they were neighborhood kids.

I haven't drank in 13 yrs, so no parties here... I watched Clemson kick some no name's team's ass on espn360 yesteday afternoon, passed out candy last night, surfed the internet, watched tv, and went to bed. pretty boring, but that's what happens after 40.

Now thats not fun is it? Next year you must fight a ghostbuster, its a once in a lifetime experience

"Prowler"

Cooling:

Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeB12 View Post
    had a couple dozen trick or treaters, mostly kids in the neighborhood. though a van pulled up at one point and about 8 kids jumped out, so I doubt they were neighborhood kids.

I haven't drank in 13 yrs, so no parties here... I watched Clemson kick some no name's team's ass on espn360 yesteday afternoon, passed out candy last night, surfed the internet, watched tv, and went to bed. pretty boring, but that's what happens after 40.
    Maybe in South Carolina.
    Should the RIAA ever target me, I will immediately forfeit US citizenship and move back to reservation, which has no extradition policy and would probably tell Whitey to get bent or we'll scalp you and take your women...
    Free Omastar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme CCIE
    I love halloween, but mine was pretty disappointing. It started by checking the mail and finding a huge bill waiting for me that my insurance has rejected. After a minute of reading everything over I expect to have that rejection reversed, but it was still a bad way to start the day. Then I spent the evening alone because my wife wasn't here so someone would be able to hand out candy... but despite living in a large townhouse area with a fair number of kids in it I didn't get a single trick-or-treater! I'm not sure why, but I expect it's because I'm in a "back" unit... it's possible a lot of kids didn't even know there was a door where mine is.
    Dual CCIE (Route\Switch and Security) at your disposal. Have a Cisco-related or other network question? My PM box is always open.

Xtreme Network:
    - Cisco 3560X-24P PoE Switch
    - Cisco ASA 5505 Firewall
    - Cisco 4402 Wireless LAN Controller
    - Cisco 3502i Access Point

Dr. / Professor
    " I didn't get a single trick-or-treater! I'm not sure why"
    Is that your cat?
    8 hrs Prime @ 4500 (9x500) DDR-1200
    9.59 32m Pi @ 4810 (8.5x566)
    9.59 32m Pi @ 4gb DDR 1248
    700 Club @ 7 x 585 CPU-Z Val
    Prime @ 542 x 7 (4 hrs 1.28v)
    32m 5006 (9.48)

OC Formula 3770k-dl G.Skill 2666 C10 Galaxy 660Ti 3gb Apogee HD PlextorM5P xfx p850
    MVF 3770k Team 2600 C10 xfx 7850 2gb xspc RayStorm HyperX 3k Hyper 730
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3P e8500 Crucial 8500 khx9600 evga 9800gtx PCP&C 610 H20 by Coop

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    That's pretty much what my friend said after his party. He was on this morning and told me he's still drunk. I guess he doesn't even remember about half of last night. He went back to bed.

I, on the other hand, spent Halloween reinstalling Windows.
    Lol yeah I have slept allllll day. It was worth it though. Life is short so I try to live it like I am going out of business lol.
    ~ Little Slice of Heaven ~
    Lian Li PC-A05NB w/ Gentle Typhoons
    Core i7 860 @ 3gHz w/ Thor's Hammer
    eVGA P55 SLI
    8GB RAM
    Gigabyte 7970
    Corsair HX850
    OZC Vertex3 SSD 240GB

~~~~~~~~~~~~

had a costume party at my school:

posted some of the better ones
    Intel C2Q Q9550 2.83ghz :: Intel DQ45CB :: 4 x 2gb OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 Reaper HPC :: ASUS EAH5850 :: Thermaltake TR2 RX 750w :: Western Digital Caviar Black 4 x 750gb in RAID 10
    Intel e3-1235 3.3ghz :: Intel s1200kp :: 4gb kingston hyperX 1600mhz :: WD 500gb Cavier Green
    Intel i7-3770k 4.4ghz :: msi z77ma-g45 :: 8 gb patriot Signature 1600mhz :: 160gb WD Cavier :: 5830 + 5870 CF :: Antec Earthwatts 650w

"...all men die, and no brave man lets death frighten him from his desire..."

lol @ 1st pic (top marks for the boobs tho ) an what the hell is the chick supposed to be in the last pic? Kinda reminds me of duke nukem

"Prowler"

Cooling:

Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

She's supposed to be Molotov C***tease, I think, which is another Venture Bros character.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Member
    I live in New Orleans. You wouldn't believe the Halloweens that happen down here. The costumes are generally incredible, though you do come across a rather significant number of women who are wearing nearly nothing at all. Last year I saw one idiot girl wearing nothing but spots covering her private parts, and another one with no top on. And it was about 50 degrees outside.

This year, I went to see the play Cats on the 30th (loved it). On the 31st, hubby and I didn't feel like going out so we had a friend over and we watched horror movies, and told ghost stories, until about 4 am. We had fun.

I love Halloween but have found it hard to get into the holiday since I moved to the US. Its not like we get any kids knocking on the door in our area so we don't even get to hand out candy and thats something I always enjoyed when I was in Canada.
    Last edited by moiraesfate; 11-02-2009 at 10:45 AM.

Topless women as a halloween costume eh? Sounds like I need to move to Orleans

"Prowler"

Cooling:

Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Wuf
    Quote Originally Posted by masterg View Post
    had a costume party at my school:

posted some of the better ones
    Venture Bros fans spotted Great series
    You use IRC and Crunch in Xs WCG team? Join #xs.wcg @ Quakenet
    [22:53:09] [@Jaco-XS] i'm gonna overclock this damn box!
    Ze gear:
    Main rig: W3520 + 12GB ddr3 + Gigabyte X58A-UD3R rev2.0! + HD7970 + HD6350 DMS59 + HX520 + 2x X25-E 32gig R0 + Bunch of HDDs.
    ESXI: Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 Node - 1x L5630 + 24GB ECC REG + Brocade 1020 10GbE
    ZFS Server: Supermicro 826E1 + Supermicro X8DAH+-F + 1x L5630 + 24GB ECC REG + 10x 3TB HDDs + Brocade 1020 10GbE
    Lappy!: Lenovo Thinkpad W500: T9600 + 8GB + FireGL v5700 + 128GB Samsung 830 + 320GB 2.5" in ze dvd slot + 1920x1200 @ 15.4"

Xtreme Member
    Pretty Gonzo

Core i7 920, Gigabyte x58-USB3, Radeon 5850 [CF coming soon], 6GB OCZ Platinum, Corsair 40GB Force, 3x 2TB Spinpoint F4, Silverstone OP1000, Dell XPS Studio Case.

Alienware M11x.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Ha! Fear and Loathing.
    Free Omastar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast