Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Battlefield Bad Company 2

Xtreme Addict
    Squad Rush mode looks exciting
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░░▀ ░░░▀░▀ ░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░

Xtreme Cruncher
    Any word on what I'm going to have to do to get going on the beta?
    I've preordered from someone in the beta keys program, but don't know what to do next other than wait by my inbox!

don_xvi helps find cures for cancer, AIDS and West Nile, among other research !
    Donald A. Perlick helps find cures for Alzheimer's, cancer, and Parkinson's, among other research !

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by don_xvi View Post
    Any word on what I'm going to have to do to get going on the beta?
    I've preordered from someone in the beta keys program, but don't know what to do next other than wait by my inbox!
    as stated in this thread, beta starts the 28th, information will be more than easy to find then. For steam users it is available to DL threw steam on that date from what i gather.
    This post above was delayed 90 times by Nvidia. Cause that's their thing, thats what they do.
    This Announcement of the delayed post above has been brought to you by Nvidia Inc.

RIGGY
    case:Antec 1200
    MB: XFX Nforce 750I SLI 72D9
    CPU:E8400 (1651/4x9) 3712.48
    MEM:4gb Gskill DDR21000 (5-5-5-15)
    GPU: NVIDIA GTX260 EVGA SSC (X2 in SLI) both 652/1403
    PS:Corsair 650TX
    --Cooling--
    5x120mm 1x200mm
    Zalman 9700LED
    Displays: Samsung LN32B650/Samsung 2243BWX/samsung P2350

Didn't see it posted. 7 minutes of SP posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8aeccSFU5M

Xtreme Cruncher
    yes, that's exactly my point, this thing is right around the corner, I'd like to get this download started and know what I'm supposed to be doing to make it work!
    I'll just sit tight here by my gmail...

don_xvi helps find cures for cancer, AIDS and West Nile, among other research !
    Donald A. Perlick helps find cures for Alzheimer's, cancer, and Parkinson's, among other research !

Xtreme Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by don_xvi View Post
    yes, that's exactly my point, this thing is right around the corner, I'd like to get this download started and know what I'm supposed to be doing to make it work!
    I'll just sit tight here by my gmail...
    From an official rep's blog:

When's the Beta

First, let's start by making the official time and date of the Beta the start of this Blog in what will be and EPIC moment in DICE's PC History! The PC Beta begins this Thursday, January 28th at approximately 6pm CET, 12pm EST, and 9am PST time!!!!!!! :-D

Where to Get It

The Client will be downloadable from server partner websites and Steam starting at the above listed time at a file size of 1.5GB. Here's a hyper-link reminder http://bit.ly/4GJk2a on which retailers will provide PC Beta access through pre-ordering
    Intel Core i5 @ 3.9 Ghz, 1.35v, 1.21vtt -- Mega Shadow Deluxe 2x120mm -- GA-P55-UD3R (F4 bios) -- 2x2GB G.Skill @ DDR3-1560; 9-9-9-24 @ 1.5v -- ASUS 5850 @ 975/1174, 1.25v -- Antec Earthwatts 650w -- 74 GB WD Raptor SATA -- SB Audigy 2 OEM -- Windows 7 64-bit -- Coolermaster Stacker

WOW This game looks AWESOME! Can't wait. Haven't pre-ordered though. Can anyone with the beta tell me if it's worth pre-ordering?
    The Rig In The Sig:
    /AMD Phenom II 965 Black Edition/
    /TRUE/
    /Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P/
    /2x2GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1066 DDR3/
    /CM690 Pure/
    /Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB/
    /Inno3D 9800GT/
    Coolermaster Extreme 600W/
    /Lite-On DVD/

Xtreme Recruit
    I have seen the Beta and played it very briefly on PS3. I can tell you the graphics and especially the audio is amazing. I had this thing hooked up to my Denon and my RF-82's and I could swear WW3 was rolling through my county (background explosions and rumbling from far off).

The MP gameplay will far surpass MW2 as well because of the Squad mechanics - being able to rejoin the action right beside your best buddies, and having enough time to think about your next move and position yourself so you control the situation = fun. MW2 = turn around a corner and get shot at...
    Last edited by SunTzu69; 01-28-2010 at 05:17 AM.
    Intel Core i5 @ 3.9 Ghz, 1.35v, 1.21vtt -- Mega Shadow Deluxe 2x120mm -- GA-P55-UD3R (F4 bios) -- 2x2GB G.Skill @ DDR3-1560; 9-9-9-24 @ 1.5v -- ASUS 5850 @ 975/1174, 1.25v -- Antec Earthwatts 650w -- 74 GB WD Raptor SATA -- SB Audigy 2 OEM -- Windows 7 64-bit -- Coolermaster Stacker

Xtreme Recruit
    Holy mother of God.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WOO9...layer_embedded

BC2 demo/beta reveal trailer. There will be an apache, and a blackhawk in it. Look at that Apache being blown out of the sky at about 2/3 of the way in and tell me you are not impressed.

If this workday can end, I will be grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by SunTzu69 View Post
    Holy mother of God.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WOO9...layer_embedded

BC2 demo/beta reveal trailer. There will be an apache, and a blackhawk in it. Look at that Apache being blown out of the sky at about 2/3 of the way in and tell me you are not impressed.

If this workday can end, I will be grateful.
    And that was just the console version. DLing now. Don't have class until 1-3 today and now work. Thank God because I have a feeling I won't be moving much today. Steam is being decently slow (1/5th my total speed) though, I guess a lot of people are going right now.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Campo View Post
    WOW This game looks AWESOME! Can't wait. Haven't pre-ordered though. Can anyone with the beta tell me if it's worth pre-ordering?
    I just purchased the game from steam, and I am installing it as we speak.

I will update you when the download has completed. This install is taking forever though
    Intel Core i7 940 2.9GHz OC @ 3.8
    G.SKILL PI Black 3GB DDR3 2000MHZ
    Nvidia EVGA X58 SLI MotherBoard
    2X BFG GTX295's in Quad SLI
    9800GT for dedicated PhysX
    TOPOWER 1200 Watts Power Supply SLI Ready!
    Western Digital SATA-150GB-Raptor
    2X Western Digital SATA-500GB-Caviar SE in RAID 0
    CM COSMOS S Custom Case
    2X Gateway XHD3000 30" Widescreen HD LCD Monitor

Notebook: HP Pavilion dv9820us

Work Laptop: IBM ThinkPad T400

Xtreme Addict
    Wow the steam servers are slow has hell, max DL 80kb/s... but i sorta expected it to be that slow.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I am between 160 and 800KB/s on steam and 80% done...

Xtreme Member
    Don't hold your breath, I just played a 2 hour sesh and it's not that good. I just finished a 2 hour sesh of the PC beta and I have to say it's the most disappointing DICE game I have ever played [and I thought that BC 1 for Xbox wasn't too bad].

The squad system is completely broken, why no on the fly squad creation? Squads were the cornerstone of tactical gameplay in BF2, screwing them up like this just turns the game into MW2 with vehicles.

The new engine isn't wonderful, the HDR is very overdone [it almost looks like Serious Sam 2]. There also seems to be some serious lag when blowing up terrain, and that is on a fairly high end machine playing on what should be reasonably local servers. It may just be me but I also seem to have a lot of texture flickering with CF'd 4870s.

I realise that this is a smaller scale more action oriented game than previous Battlefield titles, but Valdez is tiny. There isn't even any point in having vehicles because there basically isn't anywhere to go.

Finally the class loadouts just seem stupid. A medic with a PKM? seriously!? Assault with Ammo packs? Mixing scout and sniper together was a good call, but removing support and dumping his various bits of kits randomly into the other classes was silly.
    Last edited by >HyperlogiK<; 01-28-2010 at 11:50 AM.
    Core i7 920, Gigabyte x58-USB3, Radeon 5850 [CF coming soon], 6GB OCZ Platinum, Corsair 40GB Force, 3x 2TB Spinpoint F4, Silverstone OP1000, Dell XPS Studio Case.

Alienware M11x.

Quote Originally Posted by >HyperlogiK< View Post
    Don't hold your breath, I just played a 2 hour sesh and it's not that good. I just finished a 2 hour sesh of the PC beta and I have to say it's the most disappointing DICE game I have ever played [and I thought that BC 1 for Xbox wasn't too bad].

The squad system is completely broken, why no on the fly squad creation? Squads were the cornerstone of tactical gameplay in BF2, screwing them up like this just turns the game into MW2 with vehicles.

The new engine isn't wonderful, the HDR is very overdone [it almost looks like Serious Sam 2]. There also seems to be some serious lag when blowing up terrain, and that is on a fairly high end machine playing on what should be reasonably local servers. It may just be me but I also seem to have a lot of texture flickering with CF'd 4870s.

I realise that this is a smaller scale more action oriented game than previous Battlefield titles, but Valdez is tiny. There isn't even any point in having vehicles because there basically isn't anywhere to go.

Finally the class loadouts just seem stupid. A medic with a PKM? seriously!? Assault with Ammo packs? Mixing scout and sniper together was a good call, but removing support and dumping his various bits of kits randomly into the other classes was silly.
    Well it is a beta so let DICE know this. They release betas to hear opinions.

Xtreme Recruit
    There are a few things you must realize. This is a Beta. In the PS3 beta the scopes weren't even in there... just their general outline like if you were looking through a plastic hoop.

Alot is being added and tweaked through this Beta. Just check the list of changes they made to the PS3 version after the beta... they acted on what info they got.

Also, this is not BF2, or BF3, or BF 2.5. Those are a separate franchise. BC2 is intended to be a competitor to MW2, with more strategy involved than simply action/shooting. I am confident the squad system will be just fine when it comes out.

Also, this game wants more than 2 cpu cores. The reason for this is that the audio is not being produced by your sound card, or on-board sound, but is being rendered by one of your cpu cores. The developers have stated why this was done, and how superior audio is achieved for this reason. You should consider this if the game is not feeling quite as smooth as you expected - maybe play with the audio settings and see.
    Last edited by SunTzu69; 01-28-2010 at 12:49 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456