Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Controversial Leaked COD4 MW2 Footage *Spoiler*

Banned

Controversial Leaked COD4 MW2 Footage *Spoiler*

Xtreme Mentor
    someone who understands ffrench translate a lil lol wtf is with the shooting people lols
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Xtreme Addict
    Shooting down peds at an airport.....
    TERRURISM SIMULATORS!

Thank god Jack Thompson died of aids, he'd have a fit ...in his wallet
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eWFj1KShcI
    Last edited by Jowy Atreides; 10-29-2009 at 03:31 AM.

I am Xtreme
    Wow, what a massacre. So completely unnecessary for a video game. I am not speaking for myself, but pretty sure this will leave a lot of people speechless. Bad move, IW. Especially for the opening mission.
    No skill required to kill civilians... No gameplay purpose, just sadistic fun for some and pretty sad for everyone else IMO.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    Wow, what a massacre. So completely unnecessary for a video game. I am not speaking for myself, but pretty sure this will leave a lot of people speechless. Bad move, IW. Especially for the opening mission.
    No skill required to kill civilians... No gameplay purpose, just sadistic fun for some and pretty sad for everyone else IMO.
    Character foreshadowing, that's the purpose. It's a needed scene to set up the story. Like in scarface when Tony Montana watches his brother cut apart with a chainsaw.

When you think about it, many 15 rated hollywood movies have scenes of massacring civillians but no one bats an eyelid.

This isn't anymore shocking apart from the fact of user participation. Which is a scene where the user is forced to endure the killings and not a choice.

Think die hard when Hans Gruber is shown to be a bad muverfracker for the purpose of building viewer tension.

I's a novelty for a video game and the contreversy is due to the new direction of the media and not the content.

After all, Grand Theft Auto 4 has some great lulz with a bunch of peds and a car ...a game where the user has some semblance of freedom to enjoy non judgemental tension relief. And to all the violence cry-haters. You ever seen kids play with toy guns pretending to have a shootoff? Does that make them murderers?

It's the exact same MORAL context.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Character foreshadowing, that's the purpose. It's a needed scene to set up the story. Like in scarface when Tony Montana watches his brother cut apart with a chainsaw.

When you think about it, many 15 rated hollywood movies have scenes of massacring civillians but no one bats an eyelid.

This isn't anymore shocking apart from the fact of user participation. Which is a scene where the user is forced to endure the killings and not a choice.

After all, Grand Theft Auto 4 has some great lulz with a bunch of peds and a car ...a game where the user has some semblance of freedom to enjoy non judgemental tension relief.

Agreed! If it's part of the gameplay and setting up the story line and so on, there isn't a problem.
    CPU: E8400 E0 (Cooled By OCZ Vendetta 2) @ 4.3ghz/1.296vcore
    Motherboard: GB EP45-DS4P BIOS F8
    Memory: OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 (1066mhz) 2x2gig - & Corsair Dominator RAM cooler
    Graphic: PowerColor PCS+ HD4890
    HDD: 2x WD 640GB, 1x Maxtor 180GB

I am Xtreme
    Mmkay, so you need to kill 100+ unarmed people as a terrorist to figure out that it's a bad thing?
    I clearly understand why they put this in the game, but it is gross and it is overdone.
    Last edited by zalbard; 10-29-2009 at 04:54 AM.
    Donate to XS forums
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    Mmkay, so you need to kill 100+ unarmed people as a terrorist to figure out that it's a bad thing?
    No, you need to watch the scene to be influenced by the characters committing the killings.

Maybe your accomplices shooting the pedestrians have pressured you into participating and you (as the charater) have only joined because of the fear of them killing you.

Maybe this influences your character to later on kill the accomplices when given the choice over their lives. Without this scene, your chracter might let them live but after witnessing how indescriminately they kill innocents twists your hand into earning their lives.

..but you already know this, you're smart and ignoring logical interpretive thought as to why this scene could be game making to just argue blindly based on your own beliefs and not the EXPERIENCE of the event itself in FULL context.

I am Xtreme
    ..but you already know this, you're smart and ignoring logical interpretive thought as to why this scene could be game making to just argue blindly based on your own beliefs and not the EXPERIENCE of the event itself in FULL context.
    I'm not ignoring anything, and I've seen just as much as you did. No need to act like you know more than others.
    Donate to XS forums

Xtreme Addict
    I'm acting like I think and interpret more than others.
    And I am.

Xtreme Addict
    That game looks even worse than I thought. Mowing down unarmed civilians? That's bull even for a video game.
    Current: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.2GHz / EK Supremacy/ 360 EK Rad, EK-DBAY D5 PWM, 32GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Vega 64 Wave, Samsung nVME SSDs
    Prior Build: Core i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz / Apogee XT/120.2 Magicool rad, 16GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Saphire rx580 8GB, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Intel 4.5GHz LinX Stable Club

Crunch with us, the XS WCG team

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinas View Post
    That game looks even worse than I thought. Mowing down unarmed civilians? That's bull even for a video game.
    So you haven't played ANY of the GTA series?
    GB 790XTA UD4
    GSkill Pi Black 2000 Cas9
    ASUS 4870
    Enermax Revolution 1050+

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=67661

Xtreme Cruncher
    LOL that was a bit over the top and indeed there is no need for it. But it seems that because it is a game people tend to be more sensitive about it. What if this was a movie or a book?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by v0dka View Post
    LOL that was a bit over the top and indeed there is no need for it. But it seems that because it is a game people tend to be more sensitive about it. What if this was a movie or a book?
    You make a good point v0dka.

I think the line gets drawn when you play a game and actually control the character who is doing the shooting.

This is way to over the top for me

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by v0dka View Post
    A bit different, but still somewhat similar I guess. Over the top in any case.
    But it is you, the player, who is forced to do this yourself in this particular case, which not the best idea. Makes it different (not completely, of course) for me, don't know about others.
    I've never been a fan of mass murders myself... I mean, okay... 1, 2, 3, 10... But I'm sure there is well over 100 deaths packed in under 5 minutes. Like I mentioned above, this is not a combat, this is a massacre. You don't just build such stuff into a game and then pretend like it's a cool tactical combat or action and nothing's happened.
    Last edited by zalbard; 10-29-2009 at 06:46 AM.
    Donate to XS forums

Xtreme Member
    I think its a video game and nothing to be bothered about.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    You make a good point v0dka.

I think the line gets drawn when you play a game and actually control the character who is doing the shooting.

This is way to over the top for me

One could also argue you are in control by paying to see a movie that has the same and sitting there watching it without walking out
    Especially if you walk out of the movie saying "gee that was a great movie"
    CPU: E8400 E0 (Cooled By OCZ Vendetta 2) @ 4.3ghz/1.296vcore
    Motherboard: GB EP45-DS4P BIOS F8
    Memory: OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 (1066mhz) 2x2gig - & Corsair Dominator RAM cooler
    Graphic: PowerColor PCS+ HD4890
    HDD: 2x WD 640GB, 1x Maxtor 180GB

Xtreme Enthusiast
    It's not a movie or a book. You do not have control over the character in those forms of media. Forcing the player to act out mass murder is horrible.

This is a really sick way of "telling a story."

Xtreme Member
    The clip doesn't work for me anymore... so i can't comment on it, but...

Why all the "civilian killing" stuff? I mean its just a game. Although i seriously doubt its as fun as it was in prototype

Xtreme Member
    omgz CoD MW2 made me join the talibanzzz

Its a game, its part of the story somehow. Just because your in first person view and the screams are realistic doesnt suddenly make this a terrible over the top game. As mentioned you can do the same in the GTA series (hell the original and 2nd one had a Killing Spree powerup but it was a top down view of dots so that makes it not as bad as this?)

really this is just splinter cell double agent done in a more gripping fashion its not some gimmick its immersive story progression, that fact your all so upset at it means they did a good job of putting you in your characters shoes (if what i've read is accurate and this is how your guy goes undercover to take out "the bad guys")

~neutral view i dont speak a word of french but do you have to actually shoot? looks to me like you could sit back and let your "squad" take care of the civilians and then just shoot at the cops/interpol guys at the end
    Q9450 @3.4 (for now)
    Asus P5Q-E
    8gb Corsair XMS
    Asus GTX460 850/1000
    Corsair HX520

D-Tek Fuzion V2 w/ quadplate+MCR220+DDC3.1w/XSPC restop

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I don't think you guys understand the implications of this level. It's not the violence or innocent people dying. It's forcing the player to commit these acts. They are not just witnessing.

This is psychologically traumatizing and can be very disturbing. They should not have made this part of their game.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning98 View Post
    The clip doesn't work for me anymore... so i can't comment on it, but...

Why all the "civilian killing" stuff? I mean its just a game. Although i seriously doubt its as fun as it was in prototype
    http://www.gametrailers.com/user-mov...footage/333509
    Enjoy.
    IMO it's not about the fact, it's not about how it is done and how many times it is being done.
    Donate to XS forums

Xtreme Member
    Guys, it is a game. That's it. If I have to kill 100 civs , no problem if that is part of the game. There are many other games out there that allows you to do this? Even some RPGs, anyone ever play Fable?

I understand the sensitivity of some people, but putting this out before the game comes out is a good thing. At least you know before buying the game about this and if it offends you in any way, you are spared spending the money on it.

Imagine if you didn't know and you buy it and start to play it. You would be really pissed.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Personally I don't mind, but can understand why it upsets some people, but it's just a game to me like any other.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukee View Post
    Guys, it is a game. That's it. If I have to kill 100 civs , no problem if that is part of the game. There are many other games out there that allows you to do this? Even some RPGs, anyone ever play Fable?

I understand the sensitivity of some people, but putting this out before the game comes out is a good thing. At least you know before buying the game about this and if it offends you in any way, you are spared spending the money on it.

Imagine if you didn't know and you buy it and start to play it. You would be really pissed.
    I agree that it's good, so people can avoid buying the game. And I don't think they should ban the game or anything, I am not advocating censorship. But that doesn't mean the experience is still very dangerous. Being forced, by the game, to kill people you know are innocent, is a traumatizing experience, even if it's just a simulation. It can still hurt people.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast