Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: best way to hook up computer to receiver

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie27 View Post
    Not always the case! There are some great receivers on the market. The minor differences isn't worth fretting over for 99.987654321% of the folks out there. I've used receiver and AMPs with the last being a very nice Crown 2 Ch 400W. Something ***LIKE*** a Carver Power AMP plus Pre AMP is the best but using Hardware like that without some top flight Source Material is a Joke!

Source Material = High Grain Albums with a minimum priced Turn Table of $1000, Super Audio CD, 24bit 96KHz Stereo DVD Audio, or High Sample rate Live Music professionally recorded. NOTHING tickles me more than some guy or chick breaking out the 100,000 system to listen to a low budget CD-Audio Disc.
    My uncle likes listening to these through his $30000 vintage system.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BEATLES-Mega-Rar...item3ef9ebfffa

He has a whole mess of them...
    |-------Conner-------|

RIP JimmyMoonDog

2,147,222 F@H Points - My F@H Statistics:
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/...e=Conman%5F530

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by {GOD}Raptor22 View Post
    My uncle likes listening to these through his $30000 vintage system.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BEATLES-Mega-Rar...item3ef9ebfffa

He has a whole mess of them...
    and one of my old Army Buds has them and a very sweet Nakamici deck! Unfortunately my Pioneer CTF-1050 is down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Stuff from Rotel are pretty good.... they sell AB / D class amps.
    If you don't have enough power and want a cheaper solution... you can buy a brand new yamaha receiver from most major stores for around 500$ cdn anyways and bi-amp it.
    Last edited by crackhead2k; 11-27-2009 at 01:42 PM.

Xtreme Guru
    Dude, read the first post, I'm on a very tight budget (college student). $500 is out of the question, I'm looking for $300 or less, preferably $200 or so. That's why I'm searching ebay so much, I'd much rather get something used with a few scratches that has better internals than some cheapo sony new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by AliG View Post
    Dude, read the first post, I'm on a very tight budget (college student). $500 is out of the question, I'm looking for $300 or less, preferably $200 or so. That's why I'm searching ebay so much, I'd much rather get something used with a few scratches that has better internals than some cheapo sony new.
    QFT!
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

Xtreme Member
    The "best" way to connect a pc to receiver is HDMI. Through HDMI on the avr, I am able to shunt video the tv and have a plethora of sound modes from the AVR to my 7 speakers.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by AliG View Post
    Thats the very best way to go, I hope your search for a decent budget sound is successful, some of the much older brand name amps are unbeatable for 2 channel heaven

Oh and the BEST way to connect a PC to an older amp is analogue or coax/optical if the bit rate is not more than ~ 1500
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post
    Thats the very best way to go, I hope your search for a decent budget sound is successful, some of the much older brand name amps are unbeatable for 2 channel heaven

Oh and the BEST way to connect a PC to an older amp is analogue or coax/optical if the bit rate is not more than ~ 1500
    But Ole School amps don't support Digital Input. Many Newer Receivers don't have the Brute force and some times have DACs worst than those found on the sound cards. That means most of the time, the ole school amp being feed directly from the sound card will get the best pure sound or the widest frequency.

Speakers. Also ANY speaker can be pushed by those old Integrated AMPs-Pre AMP, Receivers and Power AMPs. Simply put, they have to be heard to be believed. I've heard old school setups costing less than 1K put 6K new school ones to shame!!!

Posted by duploxxx
    Posted by gallag
    qft!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12