Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Windows 7 Student Deal - $29.99[FULL - NON-UPGRADE]

Xtreme Addict
    I recieved it today and it was infact a retail box of the full version of win7 professional(NOT just the upgrade like some worried). It contained 2 DVD's. One 32-bit version and one 64-bit version. Im in finals so I will probably do a fresh install after next week when I have time and dont need my computer.
    Boy that info was old. As am I. Currently my kids have taken over my desktops. They are both sporting matching GTX1080's. Last Christmas I got everyone Oculuses and thus GTX1080's. My eldest is some sort of CSGO champion gold label something or other. Me I work and shoot real guns. Build Comps as needed.

Fanboy of Good Products
    Would it be the same if I downloaded the .iso? Would it be the full install version?
    Cruncher #1: EVGA Z68 FTW | i7-2600k @ 4.5 | 6GB Ram
    Cruncher #2: Supermicro Dual-Socket | 2 x 6-core Opterons | 4GB Ram
    Cruncher #3: 8-core Xserve 1,1

T400 for non-crunching

"But don't think you'll run me over - It's, ah, planting season here in Texas... and the farm is growing..." -Otis11 on crunching WCG

Xtreme Cruncher
    It's supposed to be, but i would cough up for the disc being mailed, it's tidier
    i3-8100 | GTX 970
    Ryzen 5 1600 | RX 580
    Assume nothing; Question everything

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnyboy View Post
    AFAIK it works from AUS too.

My bro has bought the Vista one & we were looking at the win7 one when it 1st came out.

Same kinda thing, enter your .edu email addy, use credit card & you have option to buy student versions (full versions) of office07 as well as win7.

Pity i was in a rush & we went out & bought 3 oem copies for AUD$180 each...

We are about to go through & get this deal to replace our other pc running xp (skipped Vista)...

So yeah, works from Australia as well. just remember you are doing the conversion rate between US$ & AUD$ is all.

Cheers
    how does it work?
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Fanboy of Good Products
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingcarcas View Post
    It's supposed to be, but i would cough up for the disc being mailed, it's tidier
    Yeah just another $13 dollars i don't wanna spend. how many activations do we get with these discs?

T400 for non-crunching

"But don't think you'll run me over - It's, ah, planting season here in Texas... and the farm is growing..." -Otis11 on crunching WCG

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by shoota View Post
    Yeah just another $13 dollars i don't wanna spend. how many activations do we get with these discs?
    It doesnt cost anything to get the disks and shipping was free. It was $32.74 shipped.
    Boy that info was old. As am I. Currently my kids have taken over my desktops. They are both sporting matching GTX1080's. Last Christmas I got everyone Oculuses and thus GTX1080's. My eldest is some sort of CSGO champion gold label something or other. Me I work and shoot real guns. Build Comps as needed.

Fanboy of Good Products
    hmm that's weird i just looked at it last night. but somehow i deleted the email so i have to get it resent. i'll check again once i get it

T400 for non-crunching

Nerdy Powerlifter
    So let me ask. If I get a 64bit and 32bit version, can I only activate one OR do I basically get 2 activations?

I know a guy who would run win 7 32bit, but won't pay for it. That would be a decent Christmas present since I'd be a bastard and keep the 64bit version.
    You must [not] advance.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ral3l3it View Post

PS. You are limited to one copy.

Officially yes. I ordered 3 copies with my college email They were separate orders however.

Xtreme Member
    You can just by a low cost upgrade through other student benefits and do a double install, first time say no key, 2nd time say upgrade and put in your key. It takes a little longer but saves you cash.
    -trekie86

Antec 900 Black
    Rosewill 600W RP600V2-S-SL
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Rev 1.0
    Intel E8500 @ 3.8 GHz
    2 x 2 GB GSkill PC6400
    EVGA Geforce GTX 260 Core 216 SSC 55nm
    EVGA 8800GTS PhysX
    640 GB WD HDD 7200 RPM

Quote Originally Posted by dengyong View Post
    Started life as a FTW and ended up as a WTF.

Fanboy of Good Products
    Quote Originally Posted by trekie86 View Post
    You can just by a low cost upgrade through other student benefits and do a double install, first time say no key, 2nd time say upgrade and put in your key. It takes a little longer but saves you cash.
    can you explain a little bit more or link to some more info plz?

T400 for non-crunching

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shoota View Post
    can you explain a little bit more or link to some more info plz?
    I did this for my Vista install on my current gaming rig. I was doing a clean install, I partitioned the drive, then when it came to install windows, choose the version that you have paid for and have a key for but don't enter a CDkey. Go through the entire installation. When you have completed the install, windows will say you have a trial period of 30 days. Kickoff the setup of windows again, either through windows itself or boot to CD. This time select that you are upgrading Windows, pick the correct version that you have and enter the CDkey this time. Go through the entire installation again, Vista will take a while, I've heard Windows 7 goes pretty fast. When you are done, you have a valid version of windows that is fully installed.
    -trekie86

Antec 900 Black
    Rosewill 600W RP600V2-S-SL
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Rev 1.0
    Intel E8500 @ 3.8 GHz
    2 x 2 GB GSkill PC6400
    EVGA Geforce GTX 260 Core 216 SSC 55nm
    EVGA 8800GTS PhysX
    640 GB WD HDD 7200 RPM

Quote Originally Posted by dengyong View Post
    Started life as a FTW and ended up as a WTF.

Fanboy of Good Products
    ah so u get a custom install with the upgrade media. nice trick

T400 for non-crunching

Xtreme Cruncher
    So that's how it's done, i was told if you rip the DVD and make into an iso you could do the clean install, we'll see.
    i3-8100 | GTX 970
    Ryzen 5 1600 | RX 580
    Assume nothing; Question everything

Ordered mine last week, still awaiting the package but it was a piece of cake. They didn't give me any trouble at all and i confirmed it is a retail copy not the upgrade. $32.74. Shipping is free, but you pay the extra $4-$5 dollars because you ordered CD media, the digital download is cheaper. Thanks for the info!

Lee

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by PyROZen View Post
    Ordered mine last week, still awaiting the package but it was a piece of cake. They didn't give me any trouble at all and i confirmed it is a retail copy not the upgrade. $32.74. Shipping is free, but you pay the extra $4-$5 dollars because you ordered CD media, the digital download is cheaper. Thanks for the info!

Lee
    Thats wierd. They didnt charge me anything for the disks.

Nerdy Powerlifter
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyFire View Post
    Officially yes. I ordered 3 copies with my college email They were separate orders however.
    Srsly? Wow.

I just received my copy of win 7 pro. I wouldn't mind getting another 2 copies. I guess I'll be making a phone call tomorrow.

They really don't check? That's amazing!
    You must [not] advance.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware

Nerdy Powerlifter
    Quote Originally Posted by little_scrapper View Post
    Thats wierd. They didnt charge me anything for the disks.
    Me neither. Just $29.99 + tax.
    You must [not] advance.

Heatware

I'd definitely recommend getting the disc (especially now that shipping is free)
    I tried the download for my dad (using my .edu) and the download manager they make you use is a piece of crap.
    apparently it's had some fairly widespread problems for a while too...http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/10...iver_headache/

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Synthetickiller View Post
    Srsly? Wow.

I just received my copy of win 7 pro. I wouldn't mind getting another 2 copies. I guess I'll be making a phone call tomorrow.

They really don't check? That's amazing!
    Ok maybe they didn't used to I tried a 4th time but no cigar; they must have an automatic credit card flagging system or something because they told me I must use a different address and a different credit card if I want another copy because of the 1 copy limit. I'll try with a relative's CC and address but with my same email, fingers crossed. also, if I'm not mistaken, this deal runs through January 3, 2010.

Nerdy Powerlifter
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyFire View Post
    Ok maybe they didn't used to I tried a 4th time but no cigar; they must have an automatic credit card flagging system or something because they told me I must use a different address and a different credit card if I want another copy because of the 1 copy limit. I'll try with a relative's CC and address but with my same email, fingers crossed. also, if I'm not mistaken, this deal runs through January 3, 2010.
    Please update us as soon as they process or deny you (hopefully process). I really could use another copy.
    You must [not] advance.

Heatware

sorry, a quick check of my reciept show that the extra money was because i got 2-day shipping. That's why it got here so fast....

Xtreme Member
    Ordered last week and got it today
    Gaming/Rendering rig:
    eVGA X58 Tri-SLI
    Intel i7-970 w/ Corsair H100
    24gigs Corsair 2000s
    eVGA GTX580 3GB
    Too many HDD's
    LG Blu-ray player
    Corsair hx1050 psu
    Corsair 800D case

Xtreme Cruncher
    I ordered today and was told that the disc's were back ordered six weeks.
    told them I would wait but they said they couldn't do that(as the deal would be expired ) even if I paid now and that it was digital download or nothing
    Help Save Lives Join World Community Grid!

Rampage Formula | E8600 | 2x2Gb Gskil F2-9600CL5D-4GBPI| Saphire 5870|2x intel x25-v 40gb, WD 640gb black| Silencer 750 | 655 > pa 120.3 > fuzion v.2 > ek nb5 > ek 250 | cm 690

Nerdy Powerlifter
    Glad I got mine when I did.

Maybe you should try again?
    You must [not] advance.

Heatware

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast