Thread: Printers

Xtreme Cruncher

Printers

well talking about printers in other thread, i was wondering what is a good printer and if a continual ink system is really worth it ?

my grandmother loves printed pictures she hates seeing them in her laptop, why ? i really dont know, so i want to please her but printing in a store here in venezuela is expensive, so i was wondering what is a excellent printer and if the new continual ink systems are any good
    Incoming new computer after 5 long years

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

Xtreme Member
    I have always been an Epson fan, I still have a 2200, it has 7 cartridges and will print well over 100 full glossy prints before a color runs out. Setting it up with a mixture of ICC profiles & Monaco Easy Color along with Photoshop I can get some damm good prints

Basically always get the highest end printer you can afford, one of the ways printer companies make up for selling low price printers is by stinging you on ink!

I am thinking about getting the R1900, in the US it currently has a MIR of $150 which makes it very attractive!
    i7 975 EVGA X58 Classified 6Gb Corsair Dominator GT 2 x EVGA 285 FTW 2x 300Gb Velociraptor in RAID 0 WD Black 500Gb

WC loop 1: HK 3.0 Fesser 360 BP VREG BP NB D5 pump
    loop 2: 2 x EVGA HC's Fesser 240 D5 pump