Thread: Sleeving Questions!

Xtreme Member

Sleeving Questions!

Ok, so I've decided that I want to sleeve my PSU to make tucking the wires behind the motherboard a bit easier; currently, they are running behind the mobo but the bulk of the 24-pin makes the PCB crackle a bit each time I move it, so I'm hoping that sleeving them individually will help correct this.

Please correct me now if I'm wrong!!!

Ok, so with that, I want to also shorten the distance between my SATA connectors - I'm not sure where the picture I saw of it was but, essentially, the SATA connectors on that line from the HX1000 were moved up so that there was only the necessary amount of cabling between each of the hard drives. Hopefully someone can help me out with a pic that I can't find atm.

And one last thing, splicing fan wires - should I solder them together, hook the strands together in the hook shape things? What's the best way to approach this? I've seen a lot of the finished products in the worklogs but the actual process has been a little hard to find.

Any guides, tutorials, etc would be great!!!

Thanks!

Xtreme Member
    Read the cable sleeving guide here

It will tell you everything you need to know about sleeving
    i7 975 EVGA X58 Classified 6Gb Corsair Dominator GT 2 x EVGA 285 FTW 2x 300Gb Velociraptor in RAID 0 WD Black 500Gb

WC loop 1: HK 3.0 Fesser 360 BP VREG BP NB D5 pump
    loop 2: 2 x EVGA HC's Fesser 240 D5 pump

I am Xtreme
    I have a video up that'll show you the no fuss way to remove ATX style pins from the connectors. It should help you some.

Video (click me)
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stvwndr219 View Post
    And one last thing, splicing fan wires - should I solder them together, hook the strands together in the hook shape things? What's the best way to approach this? I've seen a lot of the finished products in the worklogs but the actual process has been a little hard to find.
    Easy way is some y-cables and some small zipties to tie the splitters and bundled cables out of site between the edge of the case and the fans where you'll never see them, then make the connection to power with an extension cable, sleeved if it will be visible. Or you could learn to solder, just make sure you pick up a few feet of extra wire to practice on.

Xtreme Member
    You guys are the best!! Thanks!!

very nice

now sleeving mine jejejejejej

thanks for some guides