Thread: Tessellation plug-in for Autodesk Maya

Xtreme Mentor

Tessellation plug-in for Autodesk Maya

http://developer.amd.com/Downloads/MayaTessellator.zip

"The Maya Tessellator Plug-in allows users of Autodesk's Maya to take advantage of FirePro Graphics GPU tessellation hardware. The readme.doc file in the package describes how to install and use the plug-in. Binaries are included for XP 32 and XP 64 operating systems."
    Adobe is working on Flash Player support for 64-bit platforms as part of our ongoing commitment to the cross-platform compatibility of Flash Player. We expect to provide native support for 64-bit platforms in an upcoming release of Flash Player following the release of Flash Player 10.1.

I am Xtreme
    But doesn't work with Radeon 5xxx, or does it?
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Mentor
    I wonder which way Tessellation is applied Win7 way or ATi/AMD way??
    Coming Soon

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaidev View Post
    I wonder which way Tessellation is applied Win7 way or ATi/AMD way??
    I will venture to say they are one and the same in this case, DX11 compliant.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by eleeter View Post
    I will venture to say they are one and the same in this case, DX11 compliant.
    The Win7 way is the DX11 way. The AMD way is the Radeon HD 2xxx to 4xxx way, which is not compatible with the DX11 way. All these FirePro GPUs out now should use the AMD way only. This would actually be the first implementation of this!
    Core i7 2600K@4.6Ghz| 16GB G.Skill@2133Mhz 9-11-10-28-38 1.65v| ASUS P8Z77-V PRO | Corsair 750i PSU | ASUS GTX 980 OC | Xonar DSX | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB |A bunch of HDDs and terabytes | Oculus Rift w/ touch | ASUS 24" 144Hz G-sync monitor

Quote Originally Posted by phelan1777 View Post
    Hail fellow warrior albeit a surat Mercenary. I Hail to you from the Clans, Ghost Bear that is (Yes freebirth we still do and shall always view mercenaries with great disdain!) I have long been an honorable warrior of the mighty Warden Clan Ghost Bear the honorable Bekker surname. I salute your tenacity to show your freebirth sibkin their ignorance!

Xtreme Mentor
    reading this page I'd guess it's OpenGL implementation: http://developer.amd.com/GPU/WGSDK/Pages/default.aspx
    Adobe is working on Flash Player support for 64-bit platforms as part of our ongoing commitment to the cross-platform compatibility of Flash Player. We expect to provide native support for 64-bit platforms in an upcoming release of Flash Player following the release of Flash Player 10.1.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    so then maya uses tesselation itself in the preview of a scene?
    or it makes it easier to implement tesselation in a game?