Thread: pump for large tubing?

Question pump for large tubing?

I was wondering if there were any pumps that could be ordered to handle large tubing (1 3/4" ID or 1 1/2") without having a bunch of reducers. Does anyone know of any?

I want this because I am going to be using a car radiator and the only reason the tubing is going to be shrunk down is for the pump in the loop.

I think it would look nicer to just use a pump that can be ordered to handle the larger tubing and still look slick.

Look around for an Iwaki RD-20 or RD-30, they're pretty beastly pumps, you may still need the size adapters but it wont have any trouble pumping.

Xtreme Legend
    not sure what flow rate you're looking for but I've used neptune in a pond ...long lasting, low running cost but $$$ largish hose tails http://www.oase-livingwater.com/wg/u...ps/neptun.html

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!

I was kinda hoping for a pc pump so I could run it off the psu & be quiet. I don't really wana spend $400 for the pump. It did take 1 1/2" tubing tho =)

I didn't know if any of the common name pc pumps could be ordered with larger intake by chance.