Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Honda guys in here? My street all motor CRX

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Honda fan here! Looks like your ride needs a slam.

Heres my new engine build:
    Lian Dream: i7 2600k @ 4.7Ghz, Asus Maximus IV Gene-z, MSI N680GTX Twin Frozr III, 8GB 2x4GB Mushkin Ridgeback, Crucial M4 128GB x2, Plextor PX-755SA, Seasonic 750 X, Lian-li
    HTPC: E5300@3.8, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, Gigabyte 5750 Silentcell, Mushkin 2GBx2, 2x 500gb Maxtor Raid 1, 300gb Seagate, 74gb Raptor, Seasonic G series 550 Gold, Silverstone LC16m

Laptop: XPS15z Crucial M4
    Nikon D700 ~ Nikkor 17-35 F2.8 ~ Nikkor 50mm F1.8
    Lian Dream Work Log
    my smugmug
    Heatware

Ker-Pow !
    Quote Originally Posted by trance565 View Post
    ummm car's i've built lately? from scratch, none. modded quite a few.

installed a 150 wet shot on my brothers camaro(500whp = fun)
    put in a fast 90/90 on his vette, in the process of putting a 200 wet shot on with a standalone fuel system to spray 105.(oh, im also tuning this myself i've already tuned it to get him an extra 5mpg going to and from work and fixed a few other problems with the previous tune)
    my mustang, before it got totaled, i redid the entire interior, put in 4.10's, and had put in tubular front end about a month or 2 before the wreck.
    in about 2 months i'll be completely rebuilding the 2jzge in my lexus as it's leaking oil, and has 3 cylinders that have blown rings.

shoulda put something bigger in, b18's are nice and rev happy, but that's about it, and burnouts on fwd cars usually only involve one wheel.

i just posted the links cuz of the others i saw, figured i'd show you an 8 second true street car, since you said you can post em all day. i'll delete it for you if it makes you so angry tho
    See its strange you say this about burn outs in FWD cars only being one wheel. All the ones that I have ever done (about 5 different cars) have always had both tyres smoking no probs and we arent talking anything with LSDs as they were always hire cars/loan cars etc. Leave 2 nice big black lines and funny shapes when you lock to lock and the car is slowly pulling forward as the handbrake starts to give up the ghost...

Ker-Pow !
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubar View Post
    Sorry but what an awful tacky little car. Why do people do these things to pointless small engined fwd cars is beyond me.
    Not everyone wants to drive a RWD car, or a massive big engined monster. Bit like people who put LED fans in computers...why do it? In fact why mod anything at all.....damm what am I saying.....stone the heretic.

People do it because they can and want to.

Sorry but what an awful tacky little car. Why do people do these things to pointless small engined fwd cars is beyond me.
    I guess you run all of your computers at stock clock?

Quote Originally Posted by [XC]thewildblue View Post
    See its strange you say this about burn outs in FWD cars only being one wheel. All the ones that I have ever done (about 5 different cars) have always had both tyres smoking no probs and we arent talking anything with LSDs as they were always hire cars/loan cars etc. Leave 2 nice big black lines and funny shapes when you lock to lock and the car is slowly pulling forward as the handbrake starts to give up the ghost...
    yeah I'm not even going to reply to the guy who thinks only one wheel spins lol. I was going to post a pic of one of my LSD's or welded diffs I've used over the years, but there is really no point. Well we could ask this guy what the best 60' (if he even knows what a 60' is) he has gotten with his own personal RWD or AWD car. If it aint better than our typical FWD street car on slicks then don't even bother posting.

Xtreme Addict
    Not everyone wants to drive a RWD car, or a massive big engined monster. Bit like people who put LED fans in computers...why do it? In fact why mod anything at all.....damm what am I saying.....stone the heretic.

People do it because they can and want to.

Yea but why decide to try and mod such an ugly car in the first place and end up making it looks even more ridiculous. There are some cars that when modded look great and perform great.

A crappy little Honda CRX is definitely not one of them.

Xtreme Member
    Yea but why decide to try and mod such an ugly car in the first place and end up making it looks even more ridiculous. There are some cars that when modded look great and perform great.

I don't think some of the poeple care wether its ugly or not, its just about going fast, and yes we can agure that there are cars that are fast and good looking, but to some having some fun on a budget is good. Plus it's good for crusing on the downlow without having to worry about cops on your ass all the time with a flashy car.
    i7 940/Rampage 2 Extreme/Corsair 6g Dominator/Corsair HX100W/GTX 580/SSD

Xtreme Enthusiast

His car has a ways to go But the crx can definitely be a nice car. This car can perform amazing on the track. unfortunately you obviously don't have a clue.

Lian Dream: i7 2600k @ 4.7Ghz, Asus Maximus IV Gene-z, MSI N680GTX Twin Frozr III, 8GB 2x4GB Mushkin Ridgeback, Crucial M4 128GB x2, Plextor PX-755SA, Seasonic 750 X, Lian-li
    HTPC: E5300@3.8, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, Gigabyte 5750 Silentcell, Mushkin 2GBx2, 2x 500gb Maxtor Raid 1, 300gb Seagate, 74gb Raptor, Seasonic G series 550 Gold, Silverstone LC16m

Lian Dream Work Log
    my smugmug
    Heatware

Xtreme Enthusiast
    my integra would only spin the right wheel, the left would spin a small bit, but not nearly as much as the right. and at car meets, we would always have mexican kids get in front of their friends car to keep it from moving, and the right wheel would spin, and the left wheel would stay still, one of the many reasons i dont care for the honda crowd.
    if your just flooring it and letting the car move with a little wheel spin, then yes, both wheels will spin, but if you keep the car from moving, generally only one wheel does anything.

mustang's best 60 ft, motor 2.1(street tires)12.9@109, 75 shot, 1.8(drag radials)12.3@ 117
    corvette i've gotten 2.01, my brother manages 1.8 regularly, it takes a bit of finess that im still working on to launch the car without breaking the rearend with wheelhop. best time i've gotten in the vette is an 11.9 @ 123
    Last edited by trance565; 10-21-2009 at 09:36 AM.
    emptiness

Ker-Pow !
    Trance, Im talking 1.1 Fiats and 1.4 rovers, they would always smoke both front tyres no probs, usually until the clutch gave way...or started to. There was a knack to it though and you would while burning out occasionally have to keep dipping the clutch as the revs slowly dropped. All of this would be with the handbrake on...nice double stripes up the road. Both would still spin while stationary though...rolling burnouts are far more fun though.

@scubar at least the CRX is a bit different and not your run of the mill corsa/saxo/106 chav mobile with big bore exhaust and at least 65bhp...it will actually handle the engine will be a high reving gem !

Xtreme Member
    ASUS P5E X38 (RF 0701 Bios) Q9550@3.51 1.248v, Xigmatek S1283, 8GB GSkill DDR2-8000@990 1.94v, XFX HD5870,
    2 - Seagate 7200.10 320G RAID0, Seagate 7200.11 500G, Seagate 7200.12 1.5TB
    Lian-Li (Rocketfish) Full Tower, Silverstone Zeus 750Watt, Vista Ultimate x64 SP1, Dell U2410

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by trance565 View Post
    my integra would only spin the right wheel, the left would spin a small bit, but not nearly as much as the right. and at car meets, we would always have mexican kids get in front of their friends car to keep it from moving, and the right wheel would spin, and the left wheel would stay still, one of the many reasons i dont care for the honda crowd.
    if your just flooring it and letting the car move with a little wheel spin, then yes, both wheels will spin, but if you keep the car from moving, generally only one wheel does anything.

mustang's best 60 ft, motor 2.1(street tires)12.9@109, 75 shot, 1.8(drag radials)12.3@ 117
    corvette i've gotten 2.01, my brother manages 1.8 regularly, it takes a bit of finess that im still working on to launch the car without breaking the rearend with wheelhop. best time i've gotten in the vette is an 11.9 @ 123
    my engine is the b18c5. the tranny on it has LSD. Both tires lay rubber instantly if i drop it at a high rpm.

Lian Dream Work Log
    my smugmug
    Heatware

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtcell View Post
    let me guess LS in a hatch?
    i7 940/Rampage 2 Extreme/Corsair 6g Dominator/Corsair HX100W/GTX 580/SSD

XS - Extra Strong

Is there any specific reason you feel the need to talk trash about the mans car? Its nice and cheap, decent on gas, and more than quick enough to boot around town in. It may not be beautiful, but that isn't always an option.
    "If you don't have anything nice to say...."
    -Phenom2 x6 1055 @stock
    -8gb ddr3
    -Gigabyte UD3
    -Geforce 7900Gt 755/1863 1.562v vgpu
    -OCZ Powersupply 600w

I am Xtreme

I'm sure whatever "good looking" car you drive would get absolutely wrecked by this "crappy little honda crx"...
    Phenom II 940 BE / ASUS M4A79 / HD5770 Crossfire
    3770mhz CPU 2600mhz NB | DDR1040 5-5-5-15 | 900/1250

Xtreme Cruncher
    I think it's a beautiful car and will own a lot of cars with more power on track
    Straightline racing is boring IMO.

I'm a big Honda fan! Here is mine on the nurburgring:

Last edited by L0$t Pr0PhEt; 10-24-2009 at 02:16 AM.
    Core i7-920 @ 3,8GHz 24/7 1,30v watercooled
    Gigabyte X58 UD5
    3x1GB G.Skill DDR3-1333
    MSI 7900GTO
    Corsair HX520W

just got back in town like 30 min ago. We had a dyno day at Inline, and there was also a guy tuning EVO's that was in town. I think his name was Mellon (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I have never seen that many EVO's in the same place at the same time before LOL.

we finally had a chance to tune my rex out on the dyno. Got about 194 WHP out of the stock header on pumpgas. I was hoping for 200, but 194 is great considering how restrictive this header is. Here is a dyno graph of the old curve from when the car needed an alignment to when we decided we extracted enough power out of it. I really need to finish my front crossmember and then make a header for it. I'm also thinking about running E85 (if I can find some in my area) to get a lil more power that way.

I am Xtreme
    LOL Mellon is like an internet god among the evo kids... his car is sick.
    Phenom II 940 BE / ASUS M4A79 / HD5770 Crossfire
    3770mhz CPU 2600mhz NB | DDR1040 5-5-5-15 | 900/1250

Quote Originally Posted by afireinside View Post
    LOL Mellon is like an internet god among the evo kids... his car is sick.
    I didn't sense the god-like aura around him, but he was a cool guy. It was cool to get everyone together, get a lil work done and have time to relax a lil bit.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesrex View Post
    I'm also thinking about running E85 (if I can find some in my area) to get a lil more power that way.
    You gonna retune it and run e85 all the time ?

You could have run much more compression on an e85 engine.

Quote Originally Posted by dengyong View Post
    You gonna retune it and run e85 all the time ?

You could have run much more compression on an e85 engine.
    yeah, if I can find a local source of E85 that is consistent, I may decide to run my car on E85. And you're right, I could run higher compression. It wouldn't be too hard to do some work and throw a set of B16 or CTR pistons in my bottom end.

got a chance to run the car today. I was in the right lane on this run.

Xtreme Member
    We just did a LeMons race (Nelson Ledges) in a CRX ('88).
    Only mechanicals were a 1600 cc SOHC and Accura Integra brake system (4 wheel disks). Great car, performed flawlessly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LeMons Car 800x600.jpg 
Views:	963 
Size:	127.8 KB 
ID:	98330  
    ASUS A8N32, FX-57, 6800GT's(SLI)
    PCP&C 1kw, Raptors, DDR600

Quote Originally Posted by billb View Post
    We just did a LeMons race (Nelson Ledges) in a CRX ('88).
    Only mechanicals were a 1600 cc SOHC and Accura Integra brake system (4 wheel disks). Great car, performed flawlessly.
    nice! I always figured a CRX would be a perfect lemons car. I just would hate to see one all banged up in the race.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12