Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xbitlabs intel vs ocz ssd shootout

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedld9 View Post
    You mean the preface?

I know what you mean, my CAT7 10Gb-e network is......oh wait. I have some Fusion IO drives I will sell you depending on how interested you are.

I am sorry , I am just a poor college guy so I can't go bankrupt and I meant consumer drives , not enterprise level
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    ssds are well over 500mbs, as they do 100-120MB/s minimum that makes them well over 800mb/s. and there are 1TB ssd drives like the ocz Z drive
    highest capacity I have seen is 250GB and these are not even the fastest. OCZ Vertex is the fastest one from I have seen but still only 120GB. Most of the SSD's have passed 200MBps mark and with the indroduction of new SATA interface should get faster even soon. We are talking Bytes not bits by the way. I have a feeling for 1TB , 500MBps by 2011 which should be a good time to buy a new notebook

Xtreme Addict
    Thanks for the link.

The sataII interface isnt saturated so, if I am correct, there wouldnt be any increase in speeds in moving to a sataIII board with SSD. If you have a garden hose with a flow rate of 3GPM, just b/c you move to a fire hose, doesnt mean the flow rate magically increases.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    wickedld9, how likely is it that somebody will spend 300-500$ for an ssd but doesnt want to spend money on upgrading his ich7=3 year old system? :P
    very likely, since the boost from switching to that SSD is tenfold compared to investing in a new mobo&CPU

Belgium's #1 Hardware Review Site and OC-Team!

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by jas420221 View Post
    Thanks for the link.

The sataII interface isnt saturated so, if I am correct, there wouldnt be any increase in speeds in moving to a sataIII board with SSD. If you have a garden hose with a flow rate of 3GPM, just b/c you move to a fire hose, doesnt mean the flow rate magically increases.
    ummm fluid dynamics.... the garden hose could be stopping the flow rate because of the resistance in the small hose?
    so if you used a larger diamater fire hose you might flow more than the 3gpm
    Its not overkill if it works.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12