Thread: Germanys atomic waste slowly rotting away in russia?

Xtreme X.I.P.

Germanys atomic waste slowly rotting away in russia?

http://translate.google.com/translat...hl=en&ie=UTF-8

wow, thats scary lol...
    those barrels are just stockpiled there under the open sky???
    over 20.000 tons? 0_o

wtf? the gogole translation is a nightmare...
    the german nuclear plant industry has sent 27.000 tons of atomic waste, burned out uranium rods and other junk, to russia to have it enriched again... they basically seperate the still usable uranium from the other atoms that resulted of the chain reaction and arent useful. the idea is to just do the seperation afaik, so kinda like recycling, and then they send it back to germany where the remaining uranium is used again and the yummy soup of whatever else remained is stored for future generations. who will undoubtfully worship us until the end of time for this incredible treasure we are burried below their feet

anyhow, it turns out most of the stuff never came back...and was never actually processed... its just rotting away under the open sky in russia

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    Yeah, why am I not surprised. Although the stuff doesn't really "rot".
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism

Banned
    yeah this is all true, they have buried it next to my house, i havent been feeling well lately, and complained.

two men with vodka breath turned up and took my sister and mother away in a car, that was last month

Quote Originally Posted by DosDuoNo View Post
    two men with vodka breath turned up and took my sister and mother away in a car, that was last month
    That was me. Your mother makes good Gulash, BTW. Thanks.!

Xtreme X.I.P.
    lol

Xtreme Mentor
    Russia is great! Who wants to go play some real-life S.T.A.L.K.E.R.!?

Quote Originally Posted by [XC] riptide View Post
    That was me. Your mother makes good Gulash, BTW. Thanks.!
    Well, after eating only potatoes for an eternity, even grass would taste good.

For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.

Quote Originally Posted by YukonTrooper View Post

Well, after eating only potatoes for an eternity, even grass would taste good.
    Better than eating Snowballs, I bet, Canuck.

Xtreme Addict
    For Russia with love

signed: Germany
    >i5-3570K
    >Asrock Z77E-ITX Wifi
    >Asus GTX 670 Mini
    >Cooltek Coolcube Black
    >CM Silent Pro M700
    >Crucial M4 128Gb Msata
    >Cooler Master Seidon 120M
    Hell yes its a mini-ITX gaming rig!

Xtreme Guru
    All hail Wikipedia:
    About 95% of the depleted uranium produced to date is stored as uranium hexafluoride, DUF6, in steel cylinders in open air yards close to enrichment plants. Each cylinder contains up to 12.7 tonnes (or 14 US tons) of solid UF6. In the U.S. alone, 560,000 tonnes of depleted UF6 had accumulated by 1993. In 2005, 686,500 tonnes in 57,122 storage cylinders were located near Portsmouth, Ohio, Oak Ridge, Tennessee, and Paducah, Kentucky.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uranium_hexafluoride
    You were not supposed to see this.

A lot of this could go away if people would just build some of those...what are they...fast breeder reactors? The kind that doesn't require super rich fuel and will continue to use the same rods until they're mostly worthless instead of highly radioactive.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Guru
    Indeed.
    Modern horribly inefficient, unnecessarily expensive and inherently unstable pressurized water reactors make no sense - except for those companies that build them and sell the fuel. MSR (molten salt) or FBR types should be the only types allowed to make.
    You were not supposed to see this.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by largon View Post
    All hail Wikipedia:
    are you telling me the us has stockpiles of barrels full of burned out rod leftovers rotting under the open sky as well? 0_o ???

lol, germany is at least smart enough to ship it somewhere else to rot LOL...
    prepare for a couple barrels full of christmas gifts at the end of the year mexico!

Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    are you telling me the us has stockpiles of barrels full of burned out rod leftovers rotting under the open sky as well? 0_o ???

lol, germany is at least smart enough to ship it somewhere else to rot LOL...
    prepare for a couple barrels full of christmas gifts at the end of the year mexico!
    It doesn't rot.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] riptide View Post
    It doesn't rot.
    correct me if im wrong, but the barrels do?

Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    correct me if im wrong, but the barrels do?
    Well.... They might rot away eventually. But it all depends what sort of material these barrels are made of. They could last 100 years?