Thread: HELP! (Asus m3a79-t dlx no post)

Xtreme Member

HELP! (Asus m3a79-t dlx no post)

Updated to the 10x BIOS and now my system won't boot. Not even POST.

Fans are spinning consistently so I don't think the CPU is the problem. But I can't imagine what it is. I've tried a reset of the CMOS and that didn't help. I always thought that would reset the BIOS to a state where it should load unless there was a hardware error. On every other PC I've built clearing CMOS has solved the problem unless it was a dead HD or something.

Does anybody else have any experience with this? I'm just wondering what your solution ended up being. I'm about to rip out my cards now, which is going to totally suck...

Could a BIOS update really either fry the mobo or give me hardware conflicts?...

So confused right now....
    Win XP Pro x64 / Win 7 x64 / Phenom II / Asus m3a79-t Deluxe / 8x2 GB GSkill and some other stuff.....

Xtreme Member
    Sounds like a bad flash.....there is a recovery method ,look in your user manual or if that doesn't work you can hotflash your chip if you know someone close with the same board.Or order a new bios chip from asus or bios depot (ebay,i used him for an abit bios chip when i had a borked flash)it was like $17 usd comes pre programmed with the latest bios.or whatever you request.
    Last edited by daytripper67mi; 10-12-2009 at 03:20 PM.
    PH II 550 x2@X4B50 3.2 1.35v
    M4A79X-EVO
    2x2 corsair 1600 Dominator
    LITE-ON 16X DVD BURNER
    HIS 5770
    swiftech mcr220,apogee gt,mcw30,mcp655,micro-res
    PCP&C 610 silencer
    black stacker 810

Xtreme Member
    Thanks for the recommendation.

Turns out that taking out all components and then putting them back in one at a time did the trick.

I soooooooo hate computers (when they don't work).....

Weird thing is BIOS flashed "ok". I now run the version I flashed. Go figure.
    Win XP Pro x64 / Win 7 x64 / Phenom II / Asus m3a79-t Deluxe / 8x2 GB GSkill and some other stuff.....

Xtreme Mentor
    you think that's bad mine keeps coming on at 4:00am off of sleep mode for no reason.
    no matter what time I put it to sleep always up exactly at 4:00am.
    I know it's not my windows update or media center guide update.
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamekiller View Post
    You didn't get the memo? 1 hour 'Fugger time' is equal to 12 hours of regular time.

Xtreme Member
    Glad to hear it worked out.Funny things like this are so odd,I took apart my old rig to clean it up(DFI ultra d) It never booted again after ,when i get bored i still hook it up just to see if it will come back to life.
    PH II 550 x2@X4B50 3.2 1.35v
    M4A79X-EVO
    2x2 corsair 1600 Dominator
    LITE-ON 16X DVD BURNER
    HIS 5770
    swiftech mcr220,apogee gt,mcw30,mcp655,micro-res
    PCP&C 610 silencer
    black stacker 810