Thread: Is the X58 Classified x3 SLI for me?

Is the X58 Classified x3 SLI for me?

I like to game as hard as I can with all max settings, I like to water cool and I like to OC.

Most of the reviews I have read say this board (classified) is ONLY for the EXTREMEST OF THE EXTREME AND IF YOU ARENT EXTREME WELL COME STAB YOUR FAMILY WITH MT DEW, and as much as I dont want that to happen from what I am reading I really like the layout and the features of this motherboard but I do not want something that along with its utter awesomeness is going to hinder its everyday application, work, media etc.

I have not bought myself a top of the line product for a while, so I figured what the hell, why not, im building a new I7 rig I might as well treat myself, but before I jump in and spend this money I want opinions from the users on this forum, as you guys seem to know your S

So all in all I know this is a high end board made for the most EXTREMELOLROFLKILLTANKMTDEWOFFRODBRODAWG people out there, but for someone who wants room to move, room to learn more, and highest quality with still epic performance in standard use, would this board work for me?

I am Xtreme
    it's a very awesome board but for daily use it will not bring more than the average joe motherboard... most daily clocks are limited by ya CPU/ram/cooling combo, not by the mobo. Too my taste it's too expensive for daily abusage... for benchers it's one of THE boards to use...

Xtreme Addict
    ^^^ What Lee said. No doubts for the extreme sub zero crowd but at the conventional cooling level, any decent X58 board will pretty much give you the same results.

UD4/UD5, eVGA 3x SLi 758, ASUS P6T V2 and DFI T3eH8 will all give you much joy up to whatever you're cpu/ram/cooling will allow.

EDIT: Didn't you say that you already ordered the UD5 in your other thread?

So everything I just said was regurgitated from my last response too you
    Last edited by ReverendMaynard; 10-02-2009 at 05:05 AM.
    GB 790XTA UD4
    GSkill Pi Black 2000 Cas9
    ASUS 4870
    Enermax Revolution 1050+

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=67661

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMaynard View Post
    ^^^ What Lee said. No doubts for the extreme sub zero crowd but at the conventional cooling level, any decent X58 board will pretty much give you the same results.

UD4/UD5, eVGA 3x SLi 758, ASUS P6T V2 and DFI T3eH8 will all give you much joy up to whatever you're cpu/ram/cooling will allow.

EDIT: Didn't you say that you already ordered the UD5 in your other thread?

So everything I just said was regurgitated from my last response too you
    Yeah this post is older I believe

I did order the UD5 after doing more research and taking into cosideration your guys' opinions.

However I still am really interested in this subject my search for mother boards has got me on a research kick on the pros and cons of boards so I like to keep the threads alive for my and others benefits

Im also thinking of making a new benching rig as the UD5 setup will be only for everyday use and Gaming

PI in the face
    sorry swamp, this motherboard is not for you
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ud View Post
    So many opinions and so few screenshots

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbylite View Post
    sorry swamp, this motherboard is not for you
    Can you please elaborate on your statement?

Swamp I'm not trying to hijack your thread but would like to build upon your request as I'm in the same boat.

I'm looking to replace my Asus board, mainly because I've had it with their lack of support. I send in a brand new DOA board and they send me an old weathered, soldered up replacement that is flaky. And don't get me going about the vendor that sold me the board

I'm no a gamer like Swamp, but I do like to play (OC). I need 9 or 10 Sata ports and want to water cool everything I can except RAM.

Looking around it would appear as though the EVGA Classified or Gigabyte Extreme are the two boards that fit my requirements. Although I do admit one is having to pay a heck of a premium to get those items, especially when I don't even run an SLI rig.

Chasing After Diety
    Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Devil View Post
    I like to water cool and I like to OC.

would this board work for me?
    mmmm... watercooled classified...

enjoy the temptation. :P
    Last edited by NaeKuh; 10-14-2009 at 07:28 PM.
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

Xtreme Guru
    dude i have the mobo, and it is sick, i am running tri-sli and a raid card, AND an audio card, there arent many boards that can do that!
    "Lurking" Since 1977

Jesus Saves, God Backs-Up
    *I come to the news section to ban people, not read complaints.*-[XC]Gomeler
    Don't believe Squish, his hardware does control him!