Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chilly1 Discussion

HVAC/R Engineer

Chilly1 Discussion

fgfrg
    Last edited by chilly1; 10-16-2009 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Request to have thread deleated

Xtreme Member
    pay your debts instead focusing on new projects...just my 2 cents...

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by C3 View Post

+1 ^^^^^ I agree totally
    UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

is the remedy

HVAC/R Engineer
    [gjgh
    Last edited by chilly1; 10-16-2009 at 06:13 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by runmc View Post
    +1 ^^^^^ I agree totally
    Because of offtopic posts like this and none of boths bussines, a great thread already has been closed, i'm refering to Fuggers cascade thread.

So please don't let this happen again, let the man take care of his own bussines.

HVAC/R Engineer
    fgfrg
    Last edited by chilly1; 10-16-2009 at 06:13 PM.

-100c Club
    Sorry to hear that, Reggie, but you have to understand the people who feel they have been scammed. Although I'm sure this wasn't your intention it sadly came out as a fraud. Cannot comment on your admin rights being pulled nor your ownership of this site as I don't know jack about it.

I hope you overcome this eventually, my thoughts are with you.

Best Regards,
    Niko

NooB MOD
    It's good to see that you're still alive and kicking

Are you posting from a cellphone? Otherwise your way of typing has changed a lot!!
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chilly1 View Post
    saddled with debts from a bad marrage ...
    BTDT. Hang in and keep plugging away one day ata time. 5 years down the road you will look back and laugh.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Mr Reggie. While I can sympathize with your predicament it can't be ignored that here is where you plyed your wares and cost people a lot of money. If you want redemption, talk to God. ALL others pay CASH! If you are offended...think of the people who trusted you with THEIR hard earned cash. MAKE RESTITUTION!!! If this build (which I think everyone will admit is very enticing) is a way out for you and you start paying back the people you owe money to, fine. However, wiping the slate clean and no mention of your previous mismanagement, for what ever reason....is NOT ON.

Just my 2 bits

More & more very expensive, quickly obsolete parts!!

Xtreme Addict
    A couple of questions:
    1) How many people on these forums were involved ? (By that I mean people who actually lost something.)
    2) How many people on these forums actually know everything about what happened ? (That also includes moderators and admins.)
    3) How many people have been making uninformed judgements and comments about things in which they have no business ?

I'm not going to pretend that I know everything which has happened - In fact I probably know very little about it. I know what it feels like to lose something and not be able to do anything about it, but I also know what it's like to have everyone under the sun jumping on the hate train - It's not nice, especially when those people don't know what really happened.

I've always liked Reggie and the content and help which he has provided in the past. Obviously I don't know exactly how events played out but it's none of my business.

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Gentlemen, is it necessary to kick Reggie in the stomach every time he posts? I understand he owes a large debt to the community but trashing every thread/post he creates isn't a civil way to handle this. If you have been personally wronged by Reggie we have a section for this. If you want to vent your frustration you could take it up in Builder/Customer relations and I suppose I can lump it all into one thread. I don't ask that you welcome him with open arms, just don't trash every thread he posts in.

Reggie I hope you can get back on your feet within a reasonable time frame. The economy is slowly crawling back to where we were a few years back, hopefully your business will pick up with it.

Xtreme Addict
    [XC] gomeler,

I can kind of understand where you are coming from. However there is one fact that cannot be denied. Quite a lot of money was paid for builds and those builds never happened. What the money was used for or how it was used if really of no importance. The fact is it was not used for the purpose intended. This by itself is a prosecutable crime almost anywhere in the world. That the economy sucks, personal issues arose or whatever does not justify using customers money for any other purpose.

And then to make the following statement?

Quote Originally Posted by chilly1 View Post
    I will not post or do any builds until I get an apology
    This is a slap in the face to all that are owed money. And quite honestly, does not sound like a response from a person who plans to ever make things right.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Newcastle Under Lyme - Staffordshire - UK
    Well said.

Many people here have had problems in life, the difference is that they didn't decide to steal from and abuse the trust of the community in the process.

At first the community tried to help, dozens of us including myself contributed a lot of money to 'the Chilly1 fund' (the thread of which has been deleted) but soon after it became obvious that a very large scale con had taken place.

Over the next few years several posts were made by Chilly1 in which he stated his intentions to refund his many, many customers. The more cynical members may have viewed these posts as buying time in the hope that the out of pocket members would leave the community, the theft would be forgotten and "business" would return to normal.

The theft is of tens of thousands of dollars and the victims were members who paid in trust, many from xtremesystems.

Gentlemen, is it necessary to kick Reggie in the stomach every time he posts? I understand he owes a large debt to the community but trashing every thread/post he creates isn't a civil way to handle this.
    Chilly1 showed no compassion for the people he stole from.

The fact is that the debt will not be repaid, many of the victims have already moved out of the community. I greatly doubt there is a record of the money owed let alone a mechanism of repaying it.

Bringing up the past might not be civil but it is very effective.

If there is no intention of repaying the debt, he should at least have the decency to disappear.

How many people on these forums actually know everything about what happened?
    It started over 3 years ago and that's why it is important that those who remember don't let it go.

Tom
    Last edited by SoddemFX; 10-12-2009 at 10:09 AM.
    "What will become of us, will we evolve"

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Changed the thread name and moved this to Builder/Customer Relations with a redirect left in the Phase Change section. If another mod/admin feels it necessary to close the thread or move it elsewhere feel free. This however does not belong in the Phase Change section.

NooB MOD
    Soddom, what if you were in his shoes? The entire internet wants to hate him yet hardly anyone of that group were affected in any way by what happened. Do you understand that this was not something he planned with malice? Think carefully about who the real victim(s) is/are

What ever happened regarding the account PayPal cleared out?
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

I believe Reggie can work out his debts here.

Picking at a wound never heals, rubbing salt into it surely helps.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Xtreme Mentor
    Personally maybe its best if he just comes back as a different user other than Chilly1.

I think very highly of Reggie and would really like to see him back here sharing his knowledge!!
    Never empower an idiot with a response....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

Seller/Buyer Reputation:
    Heatware: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=50905
    Ebay: {Family Account} Kasyg3 http://myworld.ebay.com/kasyg3/
    Ebay: {My personal Account} Sdumper http://myworld.ebay.com/sdumper/

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by sdumper View Post
    Personally maybe its best if he just comes back as a different user other than Chilly1.

I think very highly of Reggie and would really like to see him back here sharing his knowledge!!
    SD your so harsh to judge Nol about his situation but Reggie be spared?
    I dont think so.
    Case: Corsair 400R
    PSU: Corsair HX1000W
    mobo: Maximus IV Gene
    CPU: 2500K @ 4.2ghz 1.19 volts
    RAM: Gskill Ripjaws 1866mhz 2 x 4 gigs
    OS Drive: Kingston Hyper X ssd 120 gig
    Graphics: XFX HD5850
    Cooling: Corsair H100

Xtreme Addict
    Alright... I've sat idly by for a while now. I haven't posted much after all of this blew up with chilly1 and njkid32, getting conned by both of them. Maybe it was because I was young at the time, I don't really know, as it all began almost 5 years ago I was only 16 years old, so stupidity and inexperience had something to do with it.
    The members here telling US (people who he owes money to) to put ourselves in his shoes, well they really have no idea what they're talking about. It's not like we all have 2000+ dollars lying around everyday.
    Yea he's got debt, but don't we all? If he was really 400,000$ in debt he'd be living on the streets right about now... He's been singing the same tune for over 4 years now, I've got 400+ private messages to and from Reggie over the last 5 years PROVING THIS!
    Seeing him post threads like this, stringing us along like he's actually going to pay us back, and then throw a tantrum because people bring up the situation just shows how serious he is about it.
    NOT $1 has been reimbursed over the last 5 years.
    Not only did he con people out of the money for the units, people who felt sorry for him, and tried to help him out, started the Chilly1 Fund, which was money to pay for shipping for units which were "COMPLETED", (to be honest, I don't even think he started any of the units he was CONTRACTED to build, except PhillyBoy, if I recall, who took time out of this life to help him in his situation) once again not one unit was shipped out with the amount in the fund, the money probably went to pay his electricity or something, I honestly don't know.
    Every 6 months he pops in here, posts a thread about how in a month all will be better, and how he's got assistants helping him out, well he's been saying this for the past 4 years, always with some miracle going to happen in a month, to stay tuned!

This situation makes me sick. As someone has pointed out, a lot of the owed members have left the community.
    Though I encourage those who are still around to stick by to see this unfold.
    Last edited by eBoy0; 10-13-2009 at 01:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nn_step
    Well CPUs are like women they all like things specific ways for them.. Some love 8x and others Love 9x or 7x.. they all just have their G-Spot and you have to learn to use it..
    Quote Originally Posted by nn_step View Post
    He should have given up his nuts too. Since clearly anyone that wants any Apple product that bad, Should NOT ever breed.
    q6600 @ 2.6
    EVGA 680i
    OCZ fatal1ty ddr2 800
    8800gt SLI
    watercooled

Xtreme Mentor
    Good point I'll bug out
    Last edited by sdumper; 10-14-2009 at 08:25 AM.
    Never empower an idiot with a response....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

Seller/Buyer Reputation:
    Heatware: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=50905
    Ebay: {Family Account} Kasyg3 http://myworld.ebay.com/kasyg3/
    Ebay: {My personal Account} Sdumper http://myworld.ebay.com/sdumper/

Reggie hasnt done anything to me.
    Well stay out of the thread then.

By the way I havent seen one single tally stating what reggie owes and to whom so if he owes folks money or builds then why isnt it documented somewhere in a thread..
    You changed your post....

but to answer your question. there is a chilly1 area on this forum for the affected members. And there are a lot of them. And a big ing tally.

EDIT: I don't mean to be rude, BTW. Just got narked for a second.
    Last edited by [XC] riptide; 10-13-2009 at 06:41 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    well guys i know that i really should just keep my mouth shut but i just can't for some resson today. i really don't think it is right for any one of us to be stealing from anyone as we are all sopposed to be friends here and with me being a builder i am the type of builder that trys to not take any money till the unit is done less it is for a cascade now just because i have had one guy not come back and it has put me back but not to the point where i could not build another if i needed to. so i think he should have never takin any money to start with.but the one thing i will not say is let him come back i know he can be a nice guy as we have talked a couple of time but nothing like me and chris or teyber as we have talked alot. now on to how much he owes people i really don't think that is really any ones bees wax. now as for nol we should just leave him out of all of this if there is something we should all know about nol then start a thread on it. now i am sorry if i said anything that up set any one but i just needed to put in my two cents. and if i said anything i should not have please remove my post

Xtreme Cruncher
    What is it about phase that makes smart people act crazy stupid? I can't think of any other category of builders that get people throwing huge sums of money at them even after they screw up...and weirder still they don't go away...and they behave in a haughty manner despite circumstances that you'd think would humble anyone. Very odd.
    20 Logs on the fire for WCG: i7 920@2.8 X3220@3.0 X3220@2.4 E8400@4.05 E6600@2.4

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast