Foxconn BloodRage GTI LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard
    $234.99
    Your Price: $199.99
    With Promo Code
    EMCMLLT65

with free shipping good till 10/12/09

Xtreme X.I.P.
    wow, same price as FB!
    how much is FB with promo? or is there no promo for it?

Xtreme Member
    No flaming blade promo, But X58 prices are tanking at the moment. You can grab x58 on the real cheap now. Im still pieceing this rig I bought months ago together slowly. I have all the parts, and its all killer stuff too. Ive just been lazy, I decieded to sleeve all the wires in my CM Storm Sniper case first, BIGGEST pain in the arse Ive ever had. Wires are literally jumping out of bushes. Ill be cruising XS soon enough. My 200$ i7 920 DO 3849B202 has been sitting here 3 months.

Any ways Flaming Bllade prices
    FB GTI: 155$ plus sh
    Full Featured FB: 185$ plus sh

Xtreme X.I.P.
    wow, those are really competitive with 1156...
    all x58 boards are diving? sounds like intel lowered the price for the x58 chipset!
    either that or newegg or board makers want to clear inventory and move on to p55 hmmmm... i hope its a price drop of x58

Xtreme Member
    Yeah most of the prices are sliding on x58. More so in the low to mainstream boards. My Bloodrage still runs 250$ that I got 3 months back, cant wait to fire it up now that there is good bios's to play with. Do you know if there shipping pcie adjustable boards from the factory? or are they still locked? Im running a megahalem so it doesnt affect me too much. Last thing I need is a killer graphics chip, Im waiting to see what nvidia drops, but a radeon would suffice at a good price. Its nice to buy something that holds its value for wounce. I was gonna go AMD but for litterly 50$ more I got a killer x58 setup thats holdin its value. I wish there was as nice a selection of x58 as p55, but id still take a x58 over p55 any day.

Hey saaya do you know if the bloodrages pcie x1 slot is 2.0 or is it just 1.0, because I was going to buy a x16 to x1 adapter to use sli and my 9800gt as dedicated physx. I have a ppu just in case but they killed support for it. You cant even use the ppu for batman aa, they disabled it, total BULLSHEET. They really need to just make a new updated ppu, people would definately buy it now. Then they can focus on gpus again finally.

I got al this ready to go I cant wait to post some benchies!
    x58 bloodrage (full one)
    i7 920 B batch 3849B202 (its a killer one, got it for 200$ on ebay, it should do 4ghz at 1.2v)
    ocz plats 3x2gb 1600 7-7-7-7
    Megahalem black 2x70cfm enermax magma fans
    CM storm sniper case black edition 3x200mm fans with sleeved wires (a thousand of wires)
    800w Mushkin single rail 64amp
    wd 300gb raptor
    1tb cavair black
    9800gt <~~hopefully something better soon
    Physx ppu pcie x1 (the rare one for experimenting with, and to comply with slot layout for sli +physx)
    22in sammy lcd, soon to be a 24.6in 1920HD
    windows 7 64bit

This is gonna be way more fun than my wifes tits.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    the x1 slot is 2.0 from the x58
    bios with pciE adjustments... idk...
    modded board, i doubt it, i dont think any br boards were ever shipped pre-modded, only gti and Fb and Fb gti...

you dont need an adapter, you just have to open the end of the x1 slot carefully, then you can insert a x4 x8 or x16 card in it

ppu... well last i checked they were way slower than even a dedicated 9400gt... ouch...
    so that kinda makes sense i guess...
    i didnt know they ever made pciE x1 ppu cards...

def wait for vgas, once the 5750 is out for a while prices will drop more...
    are you willing to spend 500+$ on gt300?
    what display do you have an what res do you game in?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    the x1 slot is 2.0 from the x58
    bios with pciE adjustments... idk...
    modded board, i doubt it, i dont think any br boards were ever shipped pre-modded, only gti and Fb and Fb gti...

you dont need an adapter, you just have to open the end of the x1 slot carefully, then you can insert a x4 x8 or x16 card in it

ppu... well last i checked they were way slower than even a dedicated 9400gt... ouch...
    so that kinda makes sense i guess...
    i didnt know they ever made pciE x1 ppu cards...

def wait for vgas, once the 5750 is out for a while prices will drop more...
    are you willing to spend 500+$ on gt300?
    what display do you have an what res do you game in?
    So they did pre mod the pcie on boards. Thats alright, I can always have a local electronics place do it if I really need it.

I actually was thinking about cutting the x1 slot, but after closer investigation I noticed that a screw from the NB is in the way, also the end of the x16 slot just hits the part that connects to the southbridge. After i checked it made me think that they didnt put a x16 slot there for that reason.

Yup a x1 ppu, they are quite rare. Actually the ppu performs between a 9600gt and 9800gt. Still enough juice to help, there are also 256mb ppu's too most were 128mb.

I run 22in 1680 sammy but plan on getting 24in 1920 soon

Xtreme Member
    the GTI is the same as the regular minus SAS and water block right??? I might recomment it to our new guy working with us. He wants to build something but has no idea waht.
    Intel System
    CPU: Intel i7 990x ES @ 4.2GHz 24/7 still kicking!
    Mobo: Foxconn BloodRage X58 P11 Bios
    Ram: Corsair Dominator 12GB DDR3
    Water Cooling: Apogee XT, MCP655-B pump, MCR220 radiator, XSPC 5.25" Bay reservoir
    Videocard: EVGA Nvidia FTW+ GTX 1060 6GB
    OS HDD: Samsung 950 Pro 512 MB M.2
    Strorage HDD: W.D. VelociRaptor 300GB
    Storage HDD: W.D. 500GB
    PSU: Enermax Evo Galaxy 1250 Watt
    Case: Cooler Master Cosmos S
    Roms: Lite On DVD Burner
    Roms: Asus Bluray Burner

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CobraXP View Post
    the GTI is the same as the regular minus SAS and water block right??? I might recomment it to our new guy working with us. He wants to build something but has no idea waht.
    Same board, it just lacks firewire, SAS, waterblock and northbridge fan

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by To(V)bo Co(V)bo View Post
    Same board, it just lacks firewire, SAS, waterblock and northbridge fan
    cool ty
    Intel System
    CPU: Intel i7 990x ES @ 4.2GHz 24/7 still kicking!
    Mobo: Foxconn BloodRage X58 P11 Bios
    Ram: Corsair Dominator 12GB DDR3
    Water Cooling: Apogee XT, MCP655-B pump, MCR220 radiator, XSPC 5.25" Bay reservoir
    Videocard: EVGA Nvidia FTW+ GTX 1060 6GB
    OS HDD: Samsung 950 Pro 512 MB M.2
    Strorage HDD: W.D. VelociRaptor 300GB
    Storage HDD: W.D. 500GB
    PSU: Enermax Evo Galaxy 1250 Watt
    Case: Cooler Master Cosmos S
    Roms: Lite On DVD Burner
    Roms: Asus Bluray Burner

Xtreme Mentor
    It would be nice to know for sure if the BR GTI is pre-modded for PCIe adjustment. I would do it myself, but damn it's small and I am not sure anyone locally can do it.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    oh thats right, the screw is in the way...
    so yeah a riser card will work fine i guess...
    but why dont you just use any of the 16x slots?

unless you plan to get a 30" i think its not worth to wait for gt300... seriously...
    think about it, itll perform about the same as a 5870x2... a 5870x2!!!!
    for anything below 30" a 5870 is more than enough
    to be honest there are only very few games where a 4870/5750/260 isnt enough if you ask me...

Xtreme Member
    Its not so much that im looking for a gt300, but a price drop on current stuff. Im like that one percent trying to run a ati and physx card, just for the hall of it. Im not slot limited yet but I try to solve problems ahead of time, I plan on keeping this setup for a few years. I dont really see anything getting much better for a long while. Even a lack of sata3 and usb3 isnt to majorly important untill ssds drop a lot in price. I grabbed a 22in monitor last christmas when there was a good deal, and just after christmas came all the new 23" and 24" 1920x1080 monitors. I was a little pist, If you think about it last christmas there was a ton of 1680x1050 sales all over the place, clearing inventory before all the new HD Monitors.I have a bloodrage modded bios for win7 I did myself, I like to tinker.

UTNORRIS, usually electronic repair shops are very good solderers. CALL AROUND someone will do it for a few cases of beer.
    Last edited by To(V)bo Co(V)bo; 10-11-2009 at 12:33 AM.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Its not so much that im looking for a gt300, but a price drop on current stuff. Im like that one percent trying to run a ati and physx card, just for the hall of it. Im not slot limited yet but I try to solve problems ahead of time, I plan on keeping this setup for a few years. I dont really see anything getting much better for a long while. Even a lack of sata3 and usb3 isnt to majorly important untill ssds drop a lot in price. I grabbed a 22in monitor last christmas when there was a good deal, and just after christmas came all the new 23" and 24" 1920x1080 monitors. I was a little pist, If you think about it last christmas there was a ton of 1680x1050 sales all over the place, clearing inventory before all the new HD Monitors.I have a bloodrage modded bios for win7 activation I did myself, I like to tinker.

UTNORRIS, usually electronic repair shops are very good solderers. CALL AROUND someone will do it for a few cases of beer.
    yeah but better hand them over the reward AFTER they did the mod ^^

gt300 wont drop prices of gt2xx stuff, cause its a completely diferent segment... so it doesnt make sense waiting for gt300. gt300s cut down part will lower mainstream prices, but thatll come at least 2 months after gt300, so still quite some time away...

and yes, i dont suspect anything much faster cpu and memory wise, to appear within a couple of years... westmere will bring slightly higher clocks and more cores, sandybridge and ivybridge will bring more cache and a small ipc boost, possibly a bit higher clocks as well... but only haswell seems to be a major step forward with better ipc, notably more cores, integrated lrb etc etc...

so yes, i think a 1366 4Ghz+ 4c/8t system will serve us very well until haswell arrives in 2012

Its a bios that puts a oem acpi string that allows you to activate win7. It basically makes windows believe you have a factory pre loaded windows. I hope I dont get the wrath of mods. If your intrested in learning more check out the mydigitallife forums or pm me about it. They also have a experimental bios mod method to add sli to non nvidia boards too.
    owww! neat!

Xtreme Member
    If any of you guys want help about a modded bios, or a special one pm me. Its relatively safe, it doesnt harm the original bios either.

I was gonna try to get some help unlocking the memory registers but Im not sure what needs to be done. With some more info Im sure I got the guy to do it.

Im not sure what gpu im gonna grab, I probally will grab a 5870 or 50 when they drop a little and come out with custom pcb's. A sappire toxic 5870 sounds really nice, hope it has volterra regs. Thats the only thing Im worried about, it was so nice of ati to stick volterras on the reference cards and I hope there on custom ones too. I know if I got one now Ill be salty when the second wave comes, and Im sure these are gonna be the ones that are the gt300 competitors, believe me it was planned this way.
    Last edited by To(V)bo Co(V)bo; 10-11-2009 at 12:29 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Thanks saaya, just tryin to inform the community.

Xtreme Mentor
    Thanks, I may check into that. What is the "modded bios for win7 activation"?

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme Member
    Its a bios that puts a oem acpi string that allows you to activate win7. It basically makes windows believe you have a factory pre loaded windows. I hope I dont get the wrath of mods. If your intrested in learning more check out the mydigitallife forums or pm me about it. They also have a experimental bios mod method to add sli to non nvidia boards too.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    thx! maybe you can even talk to bill and get some hacked/modded bioses on his ftp
    seing as foxconn is less and less likely to release more bioses in the future with every passing day, this might be a way to add some features or fix some issues maybe

maybe somebody can figure out what broke the raid controller bootup for example and somehow create a P09 with some older rom structure to allow raid cards to boot with newer bioses etc

Xtreme Member
    Is the raid problem with the actual raid rom? I know I can probally have the raid roms switched from a older release, but if the problem is from the hardware it may be harder to fix. I think the raid rom only works with the onboard sata, correct? If you can help find some of the specifics I can try to get a fix. I remember the old amd dfi and epox nf4 boards with modded raid roms.

Xtreme Mentor
    Any BR using a bios past P03 has issues with a RAID controller card such as the PERC5i. Sometimes the bios sees it, sometimes not and Windows does not see it at all. It's as though there is an IRC conflict that causes Windows not to see it or load the driver for it.

Desk Build

W/C System

Xtreme X.I.P.
    def a soft issue, not hw compatibility... it works with older bioses...
    i think it has something to do with the bootup procedure/order...

hmmm has anybody actually tried to boot with fastboot disabled?
    so then the bios goes through all legacy boot steps bit by bit... i forgot what the name for the setting on BR is...
    but if you disable fast boot booting takes a lot longer and you see several white boxes with all detected hw components listed in them, what irq they have assigned to them etc... have you guys tried that? this might actually work and solve the problem!

Xtreme Member
    Maybe the boot order has something to do with it. Doesnt it boot to the raid card like any normal drive would, or like a bootable nic. Seems like it doesnt recognise it as a bootable device. hmm Maybe it doesnt read the device id or boot rom correctly for some reason. Possibly a wrong pci address that causes boot to fail or even a checksum?

From what I hear its always best to set it as first boot device also.

Checksum? I wonder if that could be making various bioses mad, since they (I think) are supposed to pay attention to the rom length headers and then check the checksum over whatever length is specified there, which might make certain BIOSes reject the rom as invalid.
    Last edited by To(V)bo Co(V)bo; 10-12-2009 at 10:18 PM.