Thread: Dukes Logitech G940 review?

Xtreme Enthusiast

Question Dukes Logitech G940 review?

Dukes Logitech G940 Logitech review

Where is it?

And who did he write for?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke-Nukem View Post
    I haven't flown in a few weeks. I did however pick up a second copy of DCS at Gamestop for only $14.95. Once I get my son's computer built he will have his own copy to fly with. I may buy a couple more for people who are having a hard time finding it. I was in Best Buy the other day and they have it if you want to spend $40. I can't wait to get the new Logitech G940. It might have been hijacked in the mail..... LOL

Duke
    From the other thread. I am anxious for the review as well. I need a new controller setup.
    Aaron___________________________Wife________________________ HTPC
    intel i7 2600k_____________________AMD5000+ BE @ 3ghz___________AMD4850+ BE @ 2.5ghz
    stock cooling______________________CM Vortex P912_______________ Foxconn A7GM-S 780G
    AsRock Extreme 4_________________ GB GA-MA78GM-S2H 780G_______OCZ SLI 2gb PC6400
    4gb 1600 DDR3___________________ OCZ Plat 2GB PC6400___________Avermedia A180 HDTV tuner
    MSI 48901gb 950/999______________Tt Toughpower 600w___________ Saphire 4830
    Corsair HX620____________________ inwin allure case___________ ___ Coolmax 480w
    NZXT 410 Gunmetal________________Acer 23" 1080p________________ LiteOn BD player
    X2gen 22" WS
    ________________ ________________________________ nMediaPC 1000B case

Patience!!! (cause I don't have any!)

I am waiting to receive it, I have been told I will be getting one for review by Logitech. I will check on it in a few with my contact. The suspense is driving me nuts!!!

Duke
    If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants.? -Isaac Newton

Xtreme Member
    With controllers like this available I find myself wondering where the hardcore study sims are. With todays computer power it seems like there would at least a few around.
    i7 940 + HK LT, GTX 480 SLI
    ASUS P6T DLX V2, 6gig Corsair Dominator 1600
    2XDDC 3.2 18watts, PC LRT, pure distilled+silver, TC PA120.3/TFC 120.1
    2x150gigWD RaptorX, 4x1tbWD BLK SG, 1.5tb external drives
    SB Titanium PCI-X, Logitech z2300, Triton AX PC Pro
    2xMemorex DL DVD burners-USB attached
    Samsung 225BW & 204B
    MM U2 UFO powder coat+12x120MM fans, Enermax Galaxy EVO 1250W, Windows 7 U64

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Uh, Black shark. Can't get much more hardcore at the moment.
    Aaron___________________________Wife________________________ HTPC
    intel i7 2600k_____________________AMD5000+ BE @ 3ghz___________AMD4850+ BE @ 2.5ghz
    stock cooling______________________CM Vortex P912_______________ Foxconn A7GM-S 780G
    AsRock Extreme 4_________________ GB GA-MA78GM-S2H 780G_______OCZ SLI 2gb PC6400
    4gb 1600 DDR3___________________ OCZ Plat 2GB PC6400___________Avermedia A180 HDTV tuner
    MSI 48901gb 950/999______________Tt Toughpower 600w___________ Saphire 4830
    Corsair HX620____________________ inwin allure case___________ ___ Coolmax 480w
    NZXT 410 Gunmetal________________Acer 23" 1080p________________ LiteOn BD player
    X2gen 22" WS
    ________________ ________________________________ nMediaPC 1000B case

I remember spending several hours trying to fly steady on Janes Longbow 2 helicopter flight sim. THAT was pretty intense, but I guess you could say that DCS is similar, but several more years flight experience makes it easier to lear as well. The newbie will struggle a bit to get things to steady out. All the right equipment helps too. Throttle, a GOOD joystick, and pedals are a MUST!

Duke
    If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants.? -Isaac Newton

Logitech G940 Has Arrived...

OK. So let me share a little story with you. I work in the automotive industry in the Motor City. As you know things have been in the toilet here, but I will get to the toilet later...I have been out of work for 6 months. I had a good job and through 3 different phases of downsizing, I survived and adapted more responsibility, because I was told I HAD TO. Needless to say my world came crashing down when I got the call on the phone, you heard right, ON THE PHONE: The company is in trouble, BIG trouble and we need to let you go for now.... Holy crap! Are you kidding me? So I tried to get a job, but manufacturing is pretty messed up here right now. I finally landed a new job a few weeks back but took about a 40% cut in pay. This is with 3 kids and my wife who is a stay at home mom. It's enough to make you scream! This new job is a bit of an adjustment. New place, new people, and new ways of doing things. Today was a real bad day and I questioned if I made the right decision taking this position. So I drove home thinking about what I had to tackle when I got there. A few weeks ago we had a toilet problem. I can't afford to call a plumber so we just stopped using that bathroom. I tried to plunge it a few days ago, but only made a mess in the basement. So today, I tried again and lo and behold success! After celebrating my victory over the mass of who knows what that finally flushed, there was a knock at the door. It was a package delivery service with this for me:

Needless to say, that all of this headache and worry didn't matter when I received the package that is still sitting on my kitchen table, waiting for me to rip it open like a 7 year old on Christmas morning. So here is how it is going to go:
    • I will treat it like any normal piece of hardware with many pictures I will use a good camera this time, I was forced to use a sub-par digital video camera that had a snapshot feature that did not take great pictures. (See my NZXT Sentry 2 review. Sorry NZXT, I have a better camera now!)

• My first review will be a stand-alone review. NO COMPARISON TO ANY OTHER HARDWARE! This will come at a later date, so please be patient. It would not be fair to put any competitors products next to theirs for the initial review.

• I will try to give my best recommendation for which system is right for me, as well as what I recommend for everyone who reads my posts (several thousand of you, thank you!)

I can't wait to get started. For now, I gotta go clean up the Tim Taylor mess I made fixing the toilet. Later!

Duke
    Last edited by Duke-Nukem; 10-08-2009 at 02:26 PM.

Xtreme Mentor
    hope things look up for you soon mate! Economy is a pain in the ass.. I got made redundant (but was lucky i guess was only 17 last year) so I could scrounge of parents.. must be hell to try look after family atm
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Hey duke , do you run a blog or some sort of review website since you said they may give you something to review. Let us know your first impressions with this !! Very keen

Xtreme Enthusiast
    They have been out for ages now, hardly a review ... is it? Sim HQ have had thoughts for ages.

Just saying like.

Uh.....I post reviews here on XS, as well as on as site I have with a few close friends, Xtreme Gaming Clubhouse.

Duke

Quote Originally Posted by tehoriginal View Post
    Hey duke , do you run a blog or some sort of review website since you said they may give you something to review. Let us know your first impressions with this !! Very keen

September is ages? Only a handful of people got a pre-release model for review. I haven't read any reviews on it because I was trying to get it and didn't want any info or heads up on anything. A clean non-biased review plate to start from.. Now that I have it, I am ready to do it. I am heading out now to pick up stuff for the review.

Duke

Quote Originally Posted by M31 View Post
    They have been out for ages now, hardly a review ... is it? Sim HQ have had thoughts for ages.

Just saying like.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I've seen quite a few reports from folk who have bought the G940 now, from Sim HQ to other sites.

I could have one delivered tomorrow it seems.

So apart from the Logitech cardboard casing pic ... any chance of a review any time soon, mate?

Its hardly exclusive is it?

Heres one decent g940 review, while we waite for Dukes?

http://mission4today.com/index.php?n...ewtopic&t=6666

OK. This is obviously not an exclusive review. Yes it is available to purchase. Yes I am going to have a review for it as soon as I can. Like I said in my long dragged out post, it came YESTERDAY. I will be taking tons of pictures and will start with the review process tomorrow afternoon. And I will be doing a comparison review AFTER the main review head to head with the Saitek X52 Pro. So when I get close to posting the review, I will try to give everyone a heads up, and it will be in the reviews section of course...

Duke

I've seen quite a few reports from folk who have bought the G940 now, from Sim HQ to other sites.

I could have one delivered tomorrow it seems.

So apart from the Logitech cardboard casing pic ... any chance of a review any time soon, mate?

Its hardly exclusive is it?

Heres one decent g940 review, while we waite for Dukes?

http://mission4today.com/index.php?n...ewtopic&t=6666

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Uh.....I post reviews here on XS, as well as on as site I have with a few close friends, Xtreme Gaming Clubhouse.

Duke
    Ahh, the Extreme Gaming Clubhouse!

Say no more!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    OK. This is obviously not an exclusive review. Yes it is available to purchase. Yes I am going to have a review for it as soon as I can. Like I said in my long dragged out post, it came YESTERDAY. I will be taking tons of pictures and will start with the review process tomorrow afternoon. And I will be doing a comparison review AFTER the main review head to head with the Saitek X52 Pro. So when I get close to posting the review, I will try to give everyone a heads up, and it will be in the reviews section of course...

Duke
    So you bought one and are pretending it was sent to you for review on here and you're gaming clan?

OK.

I look fwd to your professional review dude, to compare to the others out there now.

Xtreme Enthusiast

* I will try to give my best recommendation for which system is right for me, as well as what I recommend for everyone who reads my posts (several thousand of you, thank you!)

Duke
    If its not too much of a pertinent question, can you post the URL of one or two of your previous reviews you are always talking about.

I'm sure they exist ... but I've just never noticed them.
    Last edited by M31; 10-09-2009 at 07:44 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Just been reading your posts again, Duke.

If its any consolation ... I've been there and done that where you are coming from, you do pull through, you march and soldier on.

I had an extremely high paying job in oil construction work most of my lfe, but i knew I was living with a disease of my spine that would take over my life and ultimatly ruin it.

I was diagnosed with severe Ankylosing Spondylitis around 1990, its gradually got worse ever since ... as it happened I was able to ride out my employment in the oil biz until we we were all made redundant, some of my ex work mates now work offshore still earning great money... I've had to retire because of my disability ... I've talked about this candidly on here before.

Life can be a PoS at times Duke, but you soldier on, you never give in.

I look fwd to your Logitech HOTAS review.

Xtreme Member
    can not afford plumber, but can afford 300.00 dollar joystick
    Intel DP45SG
    4 gigs DDR3 G-Skill 8-8-8-20
    640 Caviar Black
    Dual 755 sa plextor
    Asus EAH TOP 4890 1 gig ddr5
    Q9550
    Zalman9500
    Thermaltake Armor

So you bought one and are pretending it was sent to you for review on here and you're gaming clan?

OK.

I look fwd to your professional review dude, to compare to the others out there now.
    Lets try to clarify something. I have made a contact for doing reviews for Logitech. I had been waiting to receive one to do a review on. I did not purchase it, it was sent to me to review at no cost to me. I have done several reviews in the past for products, and my PC and gaming knowledge dates back to the IBM TRS-80 and has earned me a joystick for free. Not sure what is up here but there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by dum View Post
    can not afford plumber, but can afford 300.00 dollar joystick
    Read the above text. Thanks for taking a cheap shot at me without the facts...

Just been reading your posts again, Duke.

If its any consolation ... I've been there and done that where you are coming from, you do pull through, you march and soldier on.

I had an extremely high paying job in oil construction work most of my lfe, but i knew I was living with a disease of my spine that would take over my life and ultimatly ruin it.

I was diagnosed with severe Ankylosing Spondylitis around 1990, its gradually got worse ever since ... as it happened I was able to ride out my employment in the oil biz until we we were all made redundant, some of my ex work mates now work offshore still earning great money... I've had to retire because of my disability ... I've talked about this candidly on here before.

Life can be a PoS at times Duke, but you soldier on, you never give in.

I look fwd to your Logitech HOTAS review.
    Thanks for the encouragement. Sorry to hear about your situation as well.

Duke
    Last edited by Duke-Nukem; 10-10-2009 at 01:13 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Wow, taking cheap shots at a guy that you want something from is not cool.

Duke, I say screw um. Don't post your review.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukee View Post
    Duke, I say screw um. Don't post your review.
    DN, please post the review and ignore the BS.
    i7 940 + HK LT, GTX 480 SLI
    ASUS P6T DLX V2, 6gig Corsair Dominator 1600
    2XDDC 3.2 18watts, PC LRT, pure distilled+silver, TC PA120.3/TFC 120.1
    2x150gigWD RaptorX, 4x1tbWD BLK SG, 1.5tb external drives
    SB Titanium PCI-X, Logitech z2300, Triton AX PC Pro
    2xMemorex DL DVD burners-USB attached
    Samsung 225BW & 204B
    MM U2 UFO powder coat+12x120MM fans, Enermax Galaxy EVO 1250W, Windows 7 U64

Xtreme Member
    I apologize Duke it was a cheap shot, I have just seen too many Warcrack ( and other games ) people ignore there family, for gaming. That's where it came from, so sorry.
    Intel DP45SG
    4 gigs DDR3 G-Skill 8-8-8-20
    640 Caviar Black
    Dual 755 sa plextor
    Asus EAH TOP 4890 1 gig ddr5
    Q9550
    Zalman9500
    Thermaltake Armor

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Duke

Just post the review, already

From what I'm reading, the Saitek X65 is gonna be strictly Force Sense Feedback ... IE, the stick will not move, it will sense your pressure on the solid stick just like a real F-16 does and just like a very popular TM Cougar mod does.

This is all very well if you are flying Falcon 4 or the new Allied Force version ... but what about flying a helicopter in FSX? in this instance you will need to maintain a precise constant pressure on the stick ... I wonder how that's going to work?

Duke ... will you be testing the G940 with Rise of Flight? there is a free demo out there now if you don't have it ... many users are asking how FF (that is supported in this sim) works with normal FF joysticks, in particular, the G940.

Rise of flight has some of the best flight models in a PC sim to see the light of day ... would appreciate your feedback (no pun intended) on this one, bud.

Thank you for that apology. It made me feel a little better today. Today was not the worst, but it was one of the worst days I have had in my life. I hope the future brings better days for us all. Thanks again, dum. That meant a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by dum View Post
    I apologize Duke it was a cheap shot, I have just seen too many Warcrack ( and other games ) people ignore there family, for gaming. That's where it came from, so sorry.

On a note that relates to this thread, I have begun testing the joystick with several flight sims I have installed as well as some I need to re-install. I am downloading the demo right now M31...It was one I wanted to buy.

Duke

Just post the review, already

From what I'm reading, the Saitek X65 is gonna be strictly Force Sense Feedback ...
    Last edited by Duke-Nukem; 10-14-2009 at 06:48 PM.