Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Swiftech unveils Apogee XT new flagship waterblock

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by millertime359 View Post
    Cheating on the wife with the water block again hey.
    Heh, I wouldn't consider look'n at pr0n cheating...

Seriously though, great looking block. I just got my GTZ (discounted) but haven't installed it yet... now I'm mulling over an XT "instant upgrade".

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by Diverge View Post
    A question for Gabe, since swiftech cpu blocks always show 1 way to mount them.

If the die under the IHS is symmetrical, then shouldn't mounting it 180 deg from how shown in the pictures be the same?

I just always wondered this, since it makes no sense to me, being only 1 way. Unless I am not thinking of something.
    yes you can mount 180 degrees. there are two sides with 3 screws. as long as one 3-screw side is adjacent and parallel to locking lever, its fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
    As far as I can tell, you can use 3/4" OD compressions just fine if you turn the inlet plate around
    correct

Quote Originally Posted by Mech0z View Post
    Is this also optimized for unlapped cpus as well? (Meaning HK3.0 will outperfom it on lapped cpu?)
    YES. I didn't put that on the web page because it really is too extrme, but we tweaked the retention to compensate for lapped CPU's. Live and learn!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WaterFlex View Post
    Wow ! Gabe, how do u think, will this new block be effective with upcoming i9 ? Extremely nice looking block!
    I expect it to be, but who knows? until we test, we really can't tell.

Quote Originally Posted by emir View Post
    Another nice one.
    Looks a bit like my block design

sure does. very good job with your design

Quote Originally Posted by nikhsub1 View Post
    Most modern blocks perform differently when oriented differently. The difference is, Swiftech is TELLING you which way to do it for best performance while other manufacturers are NOT. You don't have to listen to the instructions and you will just get lesser performance, the choice is yours.

*ninja edit*

Unless there is a limitation with the block where it can NOT seat properly on the socket if oriented not as directed.
    TELLING: yes, you are 100% correct. thanks for clarifying. there are no mechanical limitations in terms of install orientation. Just piss-poor performance (relatively speaking).
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Member
    Looks like an awesome block.

Xtreme Guru
    Gabe u're the man!

Eagerly waiting for more tests, although pretty certain u have on more future buyer here. Great work as always...
    Project ZEUS II

Asus Rampage II Extreme
    Intel I7 920 D0 3930A @ 4.50GHz (21 X 214mhz)
    3 x 2GB G.Skill Trident 1600 @ 1716MHz (6-8-6-20-1N)
    2 x Asus HD 6870 CrossFire @ 1000/1100MHz
    OCZ Vertex 2 60GB | Intel X25-M 120GB | WD Velociraptor 150GB | Seagate FreeAgent XTreme 1.5TB esata
    Asus Xonar DX | Logitech Z-5500 | LG W2600HP 26" S-IPS LCD

Watercooling setup:
    1st loop -> Radiator: 2 x ThermoChill PA120.3 | Pump: Laing DDC-3.25 with Alphacool HF 38 top | CPU: Swiftech Apogee XT | Chipset: Swiftech MCW-NBMAX | Tubing: Masterkleer 1/2" UV
    2nd loop -> Radiator: ThermoChill PA120.3 | Pump: Laing DDC-3.2 with Alphacool HF 38 top | GPU: 2 x EK FC-6870 | Tubing: Masterkleer 1/2" UV

Assembled in Mountain Mods Ascension Trinity
    Powered by Corsair Professional Series Gold AX1200

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Is there a possibility that swiftech make different colors for these water blocks?

Xtreme Addict
    It looks so industrial. It's exactly what I have been looking for!

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by aoch88 View Post
    1. If you have specific inlet/outlet and then have specific ways to mount the block (with the 3 screws on the same location with the CPU lock lever), it just means there's no change we can mount it the way we want. Assuming if I want my tubings to go in from another way, I can no longer do it with this block.
    2. It looks like this is very much the same like the GTZ except for some cosmetic differences on the top. Also to be honest, I moved from Apogee GT to GTZ with little or no improvements. I'd be happy if Swiftech makes a product that enables us to mount whichever direction that we want and/or at least give a reasonable improvements in temps or it doesn't justify an upgrade at all.
    other than: the overal shape of the bracket, which is pretty dictated by the mount pattern, the size of the invidual pin in the pin matrix, the material of the base (copper), and the inlet/outlet thread class (1-4" BSPP) everything else is actually different.

Quote Originally Posted by aoch88 View Post
    If it is only a recommendation then Swiftech should specify it correctly instead of saying "MUST BE PARALLEL" (like shown on the image diagram. From what I understand with that sentence, we must mount it in such a way or it'll either not function totally or performance would be seriously terrible.
    MUST instead of RECOMMEND: most people who buy an $80 waterblock expect the absolute best performance. If they want this performance, then they MUST follow our installation instructions. Otherwise, why buying an $80 block? Just buy an Apogee GT for $39.95!
    CEO Swiftech

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by Salamndar View Post
    Is there a possibility that swiftech make different colors for these water blocks?
    yes, there is always a possibility.
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Guru
    Other than pure CU, brass and derlin, nothing else allowed for swiftech m8...

A professional block should always look like one...
    Project ZEUS II

Asus Rampage II Extreme
    Intel I7 920 D0 3930A @ 4.50GHz (21 X 214mhz)
    3 x 2GB G.Skill Trident 1600 @ 1716MHz (6-8-6-20-1N)
    2 x Asus HD 6870 CrossFire @ 1000/1100MHz
    OCZ Vertex 2 60GB | Intel X25-M 120GB | WD Velociraptor 150GB | Seagate FreeAgent XTreme 1.5TB esata
    Asus Xonar DX | Logitech Z-5500 | LG W2600HP 26" S-IPS LCD

Watercooling setup:
    1st loop -> Radiator: 2 x ThermoChill PA120.3 | Pump: Laing DDC-3.25 with Alphacool HF 38 top | CPU: Swiftech Apogee XT | Chipset: Swiftech MCW-NBMAX | Tubing: Masterkleer 1/2" UV
    2nd loop -> Radiator: ThermoChill PA120.3 | Pump: Laing DDC-3.2 with Alphacool HF 38 top | GPU: 2 x EK FC-6870 | Tubing: Masterkleer 1/2" UV

Assembled in Mountain Mods Ascension Trinity