Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Swiftech unveils Apogee XT new flagship waterblock

Xtreme Addict
    Wow ! Gabe, how do u think, will this new block be effective with upcoming i9 ? Extremely nice looking block!

Intel Q9650 @500x9MHz/1,3V
    Asus Maximus II Formula @Performance Level=7
    OCZ OCZ2B1200LV4GK 4x2GB @1200MHz/5-5-5-15/1,8V
    OCZ SSD Vertex 3 120Gb
    Seagate RAID0 2x ST1000DM003
    XFX HD7970 3GB @1111MHz
    Thermaltake Xaser VI BWS
    Seasonic Platinum SS-1000XP
    M-Audio Audiophile 192
    LG W2486L
    Liquid Cooling System :
    ThermoChill PA120.3 + Coolgate 4x120
    Swiftech Apogee XT, Swiftech MCW-NBMAX Northbridge
    Watercool HeatKiller GPU-X3 79X0 Ni-Bl + HeatKiller GPU Backplate 79X0
    Laing 12V DDC-1Plus with XSPC Laing DDC Reservoir Top
    3x Scythe S-FLEX "F", 4x Scythe Gentle Typhoon "15", Scythe Kaze Master Ace 5,25''

Apple MacBook Pro 17` Early 2011:
    CPU: Sandy Bridge Intel Core i7 2720QM
    RAM: Crucial 2x4GB DDR3 1333
    SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD
    HDD: ADATA Nobility NH13 1GB White

I am Xtreme
    Looks great!
    The king is back then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
    I'll be reviewing this in the next few days to add to my in-progress i7 CPU block roundup (links in sig).
    Woot!
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    OMG I'm glad that Gary is still didn't process my order, this is what I want....for sure

Xtreme Addict
    Is it wrong that I actually snuck out of bed with the wife to come and see this thread on the first page to stare at the new block? Gabe well done. You have tailored this block from all the feedback of the past. I don't think you could have made this any better. It is beautiful! Will be buying one myself next week! Would buy it now but it's the ol lady's birthday coming up in a couple days and I am going all out.
    Last edited by Sadasius; 10-07-2009 at 03:39 AM.

Xtreme Member
    good timing, this will be my block for my new build even if it doesn't beat the HK in vapor's test, I'm just a sucker for a good mounting mechanism

as far as approaching the limits of what is possible, I think we're getting there, at least considering the cost aspect of it. I'm sure a machine shop could make a finer pin matrix or that it would be possible using some crude microfabrication, but at that point we're talking hundreds of dollars per block if not closing in on 4 digits

then again, how small can you make the pins before they could be deformed simply from the flow through the block, I'm sure we could dream up some uber block, but ultimately we're cost limited, so I don't know how much further they could push things
    Last edited by nysulli; 10-07-2009 at 04:01 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadasius View Post
    Is it wrong that I actually snuck out of bed with the wife to come and see this thread on the first page to stare at the new block?
    No, I did too.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Beautiful block! Nice touch to support large compression as well! I like my compressions biig

Quote Originally Posted by OLDcomer View Post
    Please show us some s775 performance data or maybe @Vapor could clarify this in his upcoming tests.
    +1 for that for those who us who are still satisfied with ze old s775 performance.

I Are DuneCat
    I Controls The Spice
    I Controls The Universe

Cooler Master ATCS 840 | Corsair HX 520W | Asus P5Q Pro | Q9550 | HD4870 | Corsair Dominator 4GB PC8500 |
    D-Tek FuZion v2 - EK RES 150 - Swiftech MCR-220/320 - Swiftech MCW-60 - DDC 3.2 + Petra's Top

Xtreme Addict
    Is it wrong that I actually snuck out of bed with the wife to come and see this thread on the first page to stare at the new block?
    Quote Originally Posted by Weevil View Post
    No, I did too.
    You guys have the watercooling bug bad when you sneak out of bed just to look at a waterblock!

Xtreme Guru
    Cheating on the wife with the water block again hey.
    Project Millertime: The Core I5 build

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by voigts View Post
    You guys have the watercooling bug bad when you sneak out of bed just to look at a waterblock!
    I like to think of it as dedication.

Xtreme Member
    Good thing that i waited to build my water cooling system. I was debating between the HK 3LT and the GTZ. Now I think I will look into this one
    Core i7 Gaming Machine
    CPU: Intel Core i7 920 D0 (Batch: 3849B310) - 4Ghz @ 1.28v HT/Turbo On
    Mobo: ASUS Rampage II Extreme
    RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6GB
    GPU: 2xBFG Tech GTX 295 in SLI
    PSU: Corsair HX1000w Modular
    HDD1: WD VelociRaptor 300gb - OS/Apps/Games
    HDD2: Seagate 1.5TB Baracuda - Storage
    Cooler: Prolimatech Megahalems + 2 Enermax Magma Push/Pull
    Case: Cooler Master ATCS 840 Black

Xtreme Guru
    Depending on the results of Vapor's test, I would imigine you will start to see some used HKs popping up in FS section.
    Project Millertime: The Core I5 build

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by millertime359 View Post
    Where I live right now it is 100% legal to have a relation with multiple water blocks!

Xtreme Member
    Lol I would tend to agree with that
    Core i7 Gaming Machine
    CPU: Intel Core i7 920 D0 (Batch: 3849B310) - 4Ghz @ 1.28v HT/Turbo On
    Mobo: ASUS Rampage II Extreme
    RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6GB
    GPU: 2xBFG Tech GTX 295 in SLI
    PSU: Corsair HX1000w Modular
    HDD1: WD VelociRaptor 300gb - OS/Apps/Games
    HDD2: Seagate 1.5TB Baracuda - Storage
    Cooler: Prolimatech Megahalems + 2 Enermax Magma Push/Pull
    Case: Cooler Master ATCS 840 Black

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by millertime359 View Post
    Nah....Like Weevil said; That's my story and I am sticking to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Weevil View Post
    I like to think of it as dedication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salamndar View Post
    Where I live right now it is 100% legal to have a relation with multiple water blocks!
    Same here! Oops I mean dedicated to multiple water blocks.

I was also wondering something else too. It was concerning this picture. It says the side with the three screws. There are 2 sides with 3 screws. I am assuming the other side facing the lever is just as good? I say this because it would be easier to get air out of the block if your lever is facing down on your mobo.

Xtreme Member
    Another nice one.
    Looks a bit like my block design

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...&postcount=546
    vuuuu

Xtreme Enthusiast
    That XT seems a really a nice water block but I would like to see it in a black and red color!

This is my 1st post i think..lol

And i must say,I WANT IT NOW

Xtreme Member
    Looks like a nice block with some good options for those that like compressioin fittings. I just bought a HK 3.0 LT so I will have to hold off to upgrade my block for a while. Next loop my have to be this block and a couple of the new MCR420's when I build an i7 rig. I am suprised that even in an economic time like this a smaller market like water cooling equipment can still progress.
    Main Rig:
    Custom A+ Black Pearl
    Seasonic M12 700W
    Asus Rampage Formula Bios 0701
    Q6600@3.7
    4x2gb Patriot Extreme Performance
    2xSapphire 4870 1gb
    2X500gb Mator Raid 0

Watercooling:
    HeatKiller 3.0 LT
    MCW30
    2xMCW60
    2xMCR320 stacked w/6 75cfm fans push/pull
    MCP655
    BP Matte Black 1/2OD fittings

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonni Nitro View Post
    I am suprised that even in an economic time like this a smaller market like water cooling equipment can still progress.
    Not me. WCing is recession proof in the same way Heroin is.

Everybody needs their fix and if you tell someone there is new sh*t that is even better, people will gravitate towards that.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Great job Gabe, i always like to see new blocks on to the seen, as it pushes other companies when it such a great contender. But some testing from some people, we will hopefully know how good it it, as it certainly looks great.

Another block to add to the list for testing next year .

Quote Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
    I'll be reviewing this in the next few days to add to my in-progress i7 CPU block roundup (links in sig).
    Would it be fair to say that in the "typical" (read non-Xtreme ) CPU only loop, say with a triple rad, any improvement in CPU WB performance will only be seen (in terms of lower core temps) if the loop is limited by CPU WB performance rather than radiator performance?

I guess that is why you test with lots of rad (and pumping power) to be able to determine the performance differences between WBs.
    Main Rig:
    Intel Core i7 920 D0 @ 21 x 200 (4.2GHz) 24x7 / Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 / Seasonic 600W PSU / Sapphire HD 4870 Vapor-X / OCZ Intel i7 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-10666 / Heatkiller 3.0 Cu mounted vertically, XSPC RX360, XSPC Res Top on Swiftech mpc355 / Coolermaster HAF 932 / Vista Home Premium x64

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Fixit View Post
    Would it be fair to say that in the "typical" (read non-Xtreme ) CPU only loop, say with a triple rad, any improvement in CPU WB performance will only be seen (in terms of lower core temps) if the loop is limited by CPU WB performance rather than radiator performance?
    Absolutely no. Even if you have an underperforming rad, a better water block is a better water block, period. The question you should be asking is if one is under radiatored (I think I just made that word up), would it be more beneficial to get a better block or get more radiator. The answer would be the latter.

*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*
    GTZ --> MCW-NBMAX --> EK FC --> PA 120.3 --> PA 160.1 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."
    *:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*

Quote Originally Posted by ranker View Post
    Did you just get hit in the head with a heavy object? Because obviously you're failing at reading comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by nikhsub1 View Post
    Absolutely no. Even if you have an underperforming rad, a better water block is a better water block, period. The question you should be asking is if one is under radiatored (I think I just made that word up), would it be more beneficial to get a better block or get more radiator. The answer would be the latter.
    Thanks nikhsub1 - I guess that was what I was really driving at
    Main Rig:
    Intel Core i7 920 D0 @ 21 x 200 (4.2GHz) 24x7 / Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 / Seasonic 600W PSU / Sapphire HD 4870 Vapor-X / OCZ Intel i7 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-10666 / Heatkiller 3.0 Cu mounted vertically, XSPC RX360, XSPC Res Top on Swiftech mpc355 / Coolermaster HAF 932 / Vista Home Premium x64

Xtreme Addict
    .. and I just got a GTZ
    -

"Language cuts the grooves in which our thoughts must move" | Frank Herbert, The Santaroga Barrier
    2600K | GTX 580 SLI | Asus MIV Gene-Z | 16GB @ 1600 | Silverstone Strider 1200W Gold | Crucial C300 64 | Crucial M4 64 | Intel X25-M 160 G2 | OCZ Vertex 60 | Hitachi 2TB | WD 320

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast