Page 1 of 23 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Swiftech unveils Apogee XT new flagship waterblock

Hybrid View

Mr Swiftech

Swiftech unveils Apogee XT new flagship waterblock

Hello All:

It is with considerable excitement that I am presenting to you our new flagship waterblock, the Apogee XT.

The block is fully optimized for Intel Ci5 and Ci7. Test results, and techical data are fully disclosed on our web site.

We are shipping to the channels this week.

MSRP is $79.95

Due to the late hour, I have to attend to my family, but I will do everything I can to answer more questions tomorrow.
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Cable Management Freak
    looks beautiful gabe! im sure alot of people are sitting tight waiting for this, when you get a chance can you post some results compared to some other flagships?
    Project: HeadShot
    Intel i7 3770k | Corsair H100
    EVGA GTX-590 Classified | XSPC GTX 590 Waterblock
    Gigabyte G1.Sniper 2 MotherBoard | Swiftech MCR-320 Res/Rad/Pump
    16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Ram
    Crucial M4 128GB / Intel X25-M 160GB / WD 1TB Black
    Corsair AX850W PSU
    27" Apple Cinema Display (2560x1440)
    Corsair 600t White
    Picture

You best be Crunching and Folding/GPUgrid'ing!

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by MaByBoI View Post
    looks beautiful gabe! im sure alot of people are sitting tight waiting for this, when you get a chance can you post some results compared to some other flagships?
    these are already posted on our site.. sorry, I really have to go now!
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Guru

Skinnee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks awesome Gabe.
    Project Millertime: The Core I5 build

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

Xtreme Member
    i'll be the first to ask,
    will this beat the HK 3.0?

Xtreme Member
    Nice block!

Great job gabe! like usual

I just buy a gtz se

I want to see reviewssssssss
    Last edited by Edward88; 10-06-2009 at 07:12 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Looks awesome liking the results data on your webpage!

Xtreme Member
    looks like a nice block!

based on the results from your website it beats the HK 3.0, woot! too bad i just bought a GTZ...

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward88 View Post
    Nice block!

Great job gabe! like usual

I just buy mi gtz se

I want to see reviewssssssss
    Quote Originally Posted by Burninator View Post
    looks like a nice block!

based on the results from your website it beats the HK 3.0, woot! too bad i just bought a GTZ...
    Quick then I go, or my wife is going to kill me..

WE ARE NOT DISCONTINUING THE APOGEE GTZ!

This is a great block, even better now that we just dropped its price, and it still has a long career ahead of it!
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Guru
    They are showing a 3 degree improvement over the GTZ an almost a 1 degree difference on the HK.

edit:

internals:
    Last edited by millertime359; 10-06-2009 at 07:16 PM.

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

From the Swiftech site: (perhaps this will save Gabe from a few questions ... we don't want his wife to kill him!)

Intel® Core™ i7 920 (Bloomfield D0)
    (@4095 Mhz - 1.392 V Actual)
    Water-Block............................................. ........Delta T (*)
    Apogee™ GTZ............................................... ...40.82 °C
    Apogee™ XT (factory inlet configuration)...............37.88 °C
    Apogee™ XT (alternate inlet configuration) (**)......37.99 °C
    Reference competitive data (Heatkiller rev3.0).......39.39 °C

(*) Delta T is the difference in temperature between averaged CPU core temperature as reported by RealTemp and averaged air temperature reported by 3 thermal probes located at the fans inlets.

(**) Alternate inlet configuration is when the inlet is rotated at 180° to allow installation of extra large compression fittings.

Xtreme Cable Management Freak

Designed in the USA
    One of more patents pending
    Introduction

ap·o·gee: The farthest or highest point; the apex; a final climactic stage

The Apogee™ XT is Swiftech's new flagship water-block. It represents the culmination of months of research and development marked by hundreds of hours of competitive testing. The end result is a product that manages to surpass everything that made its predecessor -the Apogee™ GTZ, one of the best water-blocks in the world; a substantial increase in thermal performance, sumptuous functional elegance, unique convenience features for beginners and extreme users alike, all contribute to place the new "XT" in a class of its own.

Summary of benefits compared to the Apogee™ GTZ

PERFORMANCE: a consistent 3°C improvement over the Apogee™ GTZ was observed in testing the XT block with various Ci7 processors overclocked to 4.1 Ghz
    STUNNING ELEGANCE: the XT water-block is entirely machined from copper and brass. The subtly sculpted brass housing receives a luxurious black chrome plating finish.
    UNIQUE CONVENIENCE FEATURES: Swiftech's retention mechanism is universally recognized as the simplest and safest to use. It has been further improved to feature universal compatibility with all Intel® Core™ desktop processors. The XT also features a unique detachable inlet plate that can be rotated at 180° to allow installation of extra large compression fittings.
    Picture Gallery

With the inlet rotated, the Apogee™ XT leaves plenty of room for large compression fittings
    Performance Data

Thermal Design
    The Apogee™ XT is optimized for Intel® Core™ i5 and Core i7 processors but it will also yield world-class performance results with all compatible processors from AMD® and/or Intel® server class processors. Thermal design of the cooling engine combines the benefits of direct coolant impingement over the CPU area with a copper base plate characterized by a pin matrix composed of 225 µm (0.009") micro structures.

Pressure Drop Specification

The above pressure drop vs. flow rate curves show that the XT in factory configuration is slightly less restrictive than the Apogee™ GTZ. This trend reverses however when the inlet is rotated (labeled "Apogee XT Alternate") to accommodate extra large compression fittings.

Mechanical Design
    Mechanical design of the copper base plate is optimized for Intel® socket LGA 771, 775, 1156 and 1366. The topographically mapped mating surface has been considerably enhanced to yield dominating results with Intel® socket LGA 1156 and 1366 processors. Other types of processors such as AMD® socket F, AM2, AM3 and 940 may also benefit from the enhanced contact area.

Retention Mechanism
    The Swiftech's tool free retention system uses springs and limited travel thumb-screws for high quality and repeatable mounts. The waterblock hold-down plate features elongated holes providing compatibility with all Intel® Core™ desktop processors. Motherboard back-plates provide server-class rigidity to the assembly.

Comparative Temperature Data
    The following tables report the data collected from testing performed with actual retail processors under 100% load using CPU Burn. Published results are the best of a minimum of 5 mounts. These results are indicative of our test bench settings and of the tested processors only. Results may vary from one processor to another. Competitive data is provided for comparative purposes, and is only representative of the specific waterblock samples tested here. Two samples of the same competitive blocks were used for validation purposes.

Intel® Core™ i7 920 (Bloomfield D0)
    (@4095 Mhz - 1.392 V Actual)
    Water-Block
    Delta T (*)
    Apogee™ GTZ 40.82 °C

Apogee™ XT (factory inlet configuration) 37.88 °C

Apogee™ XT (alternate inlet configuration) (**) 37.99 °C

Reference competitive data (Heatkiller rev3.0) 39.39 °C
    Comments:

In factory configuration, the Apogee™ XT showed a 3°C improvement over the Apogee™ GTZ.
    A 1.5 °C improvement was observed compared the best competitive waterblock tested in our lab.
    The temperature degradation between factory inlet configuration and alternate inlet configuration was 0.1°C
    (*) Delta T is the difference in temperature between averaged CPU core temperature as reported by RealTemp and averaged air temperature reported by 3 thermal probes located at the fans inlets.

(**) Alternate inlet configuration is when the inlet is rotated at 180° to allow installation of extra large compression fittings.

Motherboard and CPU Compatibility

The Apogee™ XT is shipped with a universal hold-down plate and retention mechanism compatible with all Intel® Core™ desktop processors: socket 775, socket 1156, and socket 1366. The motherboard back-plate is included for Core™ i7, and will also be included for Core™ i5 upon product availability, which is expected mid-october 2009. This part will be mailed upon-request free of charge to all customers who purchase the block before the plate becomes available. The socket 775 motherboard back-plate is not included with the block, but will also be mailed upon request at no charge.

Hold-down plates for other processors, such as AMD's and server platforms will be released in the coming weeks and available in option.

Fittings & tubing compatibility

The Apogee™ XT ships pre-installed with chrome plated high flow 1/4" BSPP x 1/2" Eurostyle barbs; 3/8" barb fittings are available in option.

Specifications

The 225 µm (0.009") micro pin matrix is at the heart of the Apogee™ XT lowest ever thermal resistance.

The cold plate surface is topographically mapped to provide an optimized TIM joint with socket LGA 771, 775, 1156 and 1366 compatible processors. As a result, the Apogee™ XT requires a specific mounting orientation with respect to the CPU socket in order to optimize performance as illustrated below:

The housing is CNC machined out of brass, and designed for impingement cooling over the CPU hottest area. The flow path, as illustrated below shows that the Apogee™XT is port specific: inlet and outlet cannot be interchanged.

Dimensions:

Net Weight: 15.1 ounces (428 grams)
    MSRP & Parts

Please consult your Swiftech distributor prior to ordering direct from us, or purchase the product factory direct here

Product Information
    Part #
    Description
    Price
    Apogee™ XT water-block
    Assembly including water-block, hold-down plate and retention hardware for Intel® socket 1366 (Core™ i7), 1/2" hose barbs & clamps, Arctic Céramique thermal paste, socket 1366 motherboard back-plate, installation guide.

Socket 1156 motherboard back-plate to be mailed upon request free of charge once available (mid-october 2009).

Socket 775 motherboard back-plate mailed free of charge upon request.

$79.95

Options
    BSPP-250-375-CP-EURO 1/4" BSPP X 3/8 " Barb Chrome Plated fittings with captive o-ring, short body, set of 2 fittings
    $5.00
    Project: HeadShot
    Intel i7 3770k | Corsair H100
    EVGA GTX-590 Classified | XSPC GTX 590 Waterblock
    Gigabyte G1.Sniper 2 MotherBoard | Swiftech MCR-320 Res/Rad/Pump
    16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Ram
    Crucial M4 128GB / Intel X25-M 160GB / WD 1TB Black
    Corsair AX850W PSU
    27" Apple Cinema Display (2560x1440)
    Corsair 600t White
    Picture

You best be Crunching and Folding/GPUgrid'ing!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaByBoI View Post

With the inlet rotated, the Apogee™ XT leaves plenty of room for large compression fittings
    Thats really handy feature for all of us who wants to use the BP's large compression fittings.
    Extreme ways I know will part the colors of my sea, perfect color me | Arthur's WC Worklog with Lian Li PC-9

Admin
    I'll be reviewing this in the next few days to add to my in-progress i7 CPU block roundup (links in sig).

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
    I'll be reviewing this in the next few days to add to my in-progress i7 CPU block roundup (links in sig).
    Nice, looking forward to it Vapor.

The adjustable inlet is a nice idea Gabe. Will it natively fit BP 1/2 3/4 Comp fittings when rotated?
    Last edited by millertime359; 10-06-2009 at 07:24 PM.

I am Xtreme
    Looks great!
    The king is back then?
    Woot!
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    OMG I'm glad that Gary is still didn't process my order, this is what I want....for sure

Xtreme Addict
    Is it wrong that I actually snuck out of bed with the wife to come and see this thread on the first page to stare at the new block? Gabe well done. You have tailored this block from all the feedback of the past. I don't think you could have made this any better. It is beautiful! Will be buying one myself next week! Would buy it now but it's the ol lady's birthday coming up in a couple days and I am going all out.
    Last edited by Sadasius; 10-07-2009 at 03:39 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadasius View Post
    Is it wrong that I actually snuck out of bed with the wife to come and see this thread on the first page to stare at the new block?
    No, I did too.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadasius View Post
    Is it wrong that I actually snuck out of bed with the wife to come and see this thread on the first page to stare at the new block?
    Cheating on the wife with the water block again hey.

Would it be fair to say that in the "typical" (read non-Xtreme ) CPU only loop, say with a triple rad, any improvement in CPU WB performance will only be seen (in terms of lower core temps) if the loop is limited by CPU WB performance rather than radiator performance?

I guess that is why you test with lots of rad (and pumping power) to be able to determine the performance differences between WBs.
    Main Rig:
    Intel Core i7 920 D0 @ 21 x 200 (4.2GHz) 24x7 / Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 / Seasonic 600W PSU / Sapphire HD 4870 Vapor-X / OCZ Intel i7 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-10666 / Heatkiller 3.0 Cu mounted vertically, XSPC RX360, XSPC Res Top on Swiftech mpc355 / Coolermaster HAF 932 / Vista Home Premium x64

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Fixit View Post
    Would it be fair to say that in the "typical" (read non-Xtreme ) CPU only loop, say with a triple rad, any improvement in CPU WB performance will only be seen (in terms of lower core temps) if the loop is limited by CPU WB performance rather than radiator performance?
    Absolutely no. Even if you have an underperforming rad, a better water block is a better water block, period. The question you should be asking is if one is under radiatored (I think I just made that word up), would it be more beneficial to get a better block or get more radiator. The answer would be the latter.

*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*
    GTZ --> MCW-NBMAX --> EK FC --> PA 120.3 --> PA 160.1 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."
    *:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*

Quote Originally Posted by ranker View Post
    Did you just get hit in the head with a heavy object? Because obviously you're failing at reading comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by nikhsub1 View Post
    Absolutely no. Even if you have an underperforming rad, a better water block is a better water block, period. The question you should be asking is if one is under radiatored (I think I just made that word up), would it be more beneficial to get a better block or get more radiator. The answer would be the latter.
    Thanks nikhsub1 - I guess that was what I was really driving at
    Main Rig:
    Intel Core i7 920 D0 @ 21 x 200 (4.2GHz) 24x7 / Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 / Seasonic 600W PSU / Sapphire HD 4870 Vapor-X / OCZ Intel i7 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-10666 / Heatkiller 3.0 Cu mounted vertically, XSPC RX360, XSPC Res Top on Swiftech mpc355 / Coolermaster HAF 932 / Vista Home Premium x64

Oh sweet!
    I'm glad I haven't bought my water cooling blocks yet

*awaiting the test results by vapor*

Xtreme Enthusiast
    1. If you have specific inlet/outlet and then have specific ways to mount the block (with the 3 screws on the same location with the CPU lock lever), it just means there's no change we can mount it the way we want. Assuming if I want my tubings to go in from another way, I can no longer do it with this block.
    2. It looks like this is very much the same like the GTZ except for some cosmetic differences on the top. Also to be honest, I moved from Apogee GT to GTZ with little or no improvements. I'd be happy if Swiftech makes a product that enables us to mount whichever direction that we want and/or at least give a reasonable improvements in temps or it doesn't justify an upgrade at all.

Intel Inside

Page 1 of 23 123411 ... LastLast