Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Double top for d5, anyone have plans for something like that?

Xtreme Addict
    Damn I want one too Eddy! I needed to rework my loop a little anyway to make room for the new 5870X2.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewZorn View Post
    EDIT the inbalance of hexagons created by the screws is kind of wierd, can they both be oriented the same way?
    The angle of the outlet of the first pump (goes 'left' to the second pump) is different than the second one whose outlet is aimed towards the 'front', that my guess on why the screws are arranged the way they are.
    [ 3770K @ 4.2 : H100i : ASRock Z77E-ITX : GTX560 Ti : 16GB DDR3 1800 : +4TB : Bitfenix Prodigy : 2x Dell S2340M : Filco Majestouch-2 [Cherry Brown] : BX8a Deluxe]

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Metric View Post
    The angle of the outlet of the first pump (goes 'left' to the second pump) is different than the second one whose outlet is aimed towards the 'front', that my guess on why the screws are arranged the way they are.
    Correct!
    Quote Originally Posted by creidiki
    EKs are like waterblock pr0n

Xτræmε ÇruñcheΓ
    i mean i see the channel but dont see why it would limit the bolts
    especially when the 'out' pump is just missing one to allow for the 'out'
    but nevermind anyway
    i7 2700k 4.60ghz -- Z68XP-UD4 F6F -- Ripjaws 2x4gb 1600mhz -- 560 Ti 448 stock!? -- Liquid Cooling Apogee XT -- Claro+ ATH-M50s -- U2711 2560x1440
    Majestouch 87 Blue -- Choc Mini Brown -- Poker Red -- MX11900 -- G9

Xtreme Cruncher
    I'd buy that double D5 top too. One suggestion here, if it's possible: Have the mounting flange for the pumps threaded so people can use their Bitspower chrome dressup kits with this block!
    i7 3970X @ 4500MHz 1.28v
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    4x4GB Corsair Dominator GT 2133MHz 9-11-10-27
    Gigabyte Windforce 7970 OC 3-way Crossfire
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    HK 3.0-MCP655-Phobya 400mm rad
    Corsair AX1200i
    Sandisk Exrtreme 240GB
    3x2TB WD Greens for storage
    TT Armor VA8003SWA

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fallwind View Post
    I'd buy that double D5 top too. One suggestion here, if it's possible: Have the mounting flange for the pumps threaded so people can use their Bitspower chrome dressup kits with this block!

Mmmm i dont like that idea really. If you want to dressup the bomb, just use some glue

Xtreme Cruncher
    Yeah, after thinking about it some more, it would be a bad idea and likely add alot of cost in producing the top Anyone without the dress up kits would have to use the stock retaining rings which are kinda ugly and bulky.
    i7 3970X @ 4500MHz 1.28v
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    4x4GB Corsair Dominator GT 2133MHz 9-11-10-27
    Gigabyte Windforce 7970 OC 3-way Crossfire
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    HK 3.0-MCP655-Phobya 400mm rad
    Corsair AX1200i
    Sandisk Exrtreme 240GB
    3x2TB WD Greens for storage
    TT Armor VA8003SWA

Xtreme Addict
    Yeah, and making additional problems so the competitors product would fit is funny...

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy_EK View Post
    Yeah, and making additional problems so the competitors product would fit is funny...
    Anyway you can look into making a dress up kit that would work with it. I don't like the idea of painting the pump as you void the warranty. I would rather have a cover that I could paint and slide over the D5 pump housing.
    Project Millertime: The Core I5 build

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

Eddy, my wife will kill me. But ill take the risk and buy one anyways

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by millertime359 View Post
    Anyway you can look into making a dress up kit that would work with it. I don't like the idea of painting the pump as you void the warranty. I would rather have a cover that I could paint and slide over the D5 pump housing.
    Exactly! Something cool like a black housing or a chrome one. Something close enough to the pump to make contact to avoid making it into an oven and will help dissipate pump heat if you have a fan nearby. Heck even if you put fins on it as a passive HS.

Xtreme Mentor
    Will the inlet side be able to take a fitting if you do not want to use a res directly on it? Also, I assume it's to wide to fit in a 5 1/4" bay, sp when you are talking about a bracket for a 5 1/4" bay, what are you thinking? Possibly just the bracket going into the 5 1/4" bay or actually trying to fit the top into a bay?
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Utnorris View Post
    Will the inlet side be able to take a fitting if you do not want to use a res directly on it? Also, I assume it's to wide to fit in a 5 1/4" bay, sp when you are talking about a bracket for a 5 1/4" bay, what are you thinking? Possibly just the bracket going into the 5 1/4" bay or actually trying to fit the top into a bay?
    The inlet will be G1/4 threaded. So both possibility are there...
    Whole width is 145mm which is perfect to fit inside the 5,25" bay

Admin
    Damn, that looks awesome

Hmmmnnnn ... this is looking nice. Now, what's the best way to integrate a rectangular reservoir on the top (similar dimensions), as opposed to the multi-option res?

And, another question (realizing this may not be possible due to flow issues), but is it possible to have an outlet on the end of the top (on the end where the current pic shows an outlet on the top and the side)???
    Last edited by shazza; 10-11-2009 at 11:32 AM.

Xtreme Mentor
    You could probably do a rectangle res where it only connects on the one side with something similar to the BP D-plug and the way it works. Since it would be mounted into the 5 1/4" bay you wouldn't have any strain on the connection that would cause it to separate. I can see this being a pretty awesome top. I know Boxgods is also working on one which would be basically a dual pump T3, so I will be interested to see how all of these different D5 tops compare. Good to see that the D5 hasn't been forgotten.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme Member
    I don't really mind the option for 5 1/4 bays but as long as you can give the option to mount it somewhere else. One more thing is that i really want this to be made of acetal and not Plexi glass like the T3 i really like the looks of acetal better.

Xtreme Member
    Eddy, any news of the top?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy_EK View Post
    OK, you gave me thinking for some hours.
    Here is what I came up with. I think it is the best solution there could be made to link pumps together.
    This is not final version. Plan si to make the antivibrating mounting fot 5,25" bay.
    You'll find there also a possibility to mount reservoir via EK Multioption link.
    Let me know what you think!
    I would buy one in a heart beat, maybe two.

Xtreme Member
    I would pick up two of these for my next build as well! Can't wait to see what his final product will look like!

Xtreme Member
    I pick one sure!

I want a dual d5 in my current rig

Xtreme Enthusiast
    @ Eddy: Put me down for one too

Great design, would work well in my HP Blackbird setup....let us know when....
    Never argue with Idiots...they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
    i-Prodigy (small APD2 GFX/CPU waterloop) ; HP Blackbird Project Log (dual-Xeon Watercooled) ; Macho Mini Project Log (Sandybridge watercooled mini-ITX)

Xtreme Guru
    I want one as well, sign me up!
    "Lurking" Since 1977

Jesus Saves, God Backs-Up
    *I come to the news section to ban people, not read complaints.*-[XC]Gomeler
    Don't believe Squish, his hardware does control him!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    What do you think the performance difference will be between, dual D5 Vs dual DDC 3.25s.
    I know you can only guess untill skinnee gets his hands on both to compare, hint hint.

Xtreme Member
    Personally I'd like some sort of option where you could run the dual D5s in series or run them in parallel for a dual loop setup. Just a little added flexibility. I've been interested in the XSPC dual-DCC resevoir for its dual-loop quality, but I already own one D5 pump and if this had the ability to run dual D5's in parallel I would buy it in a heartbeat.
    - Autobot -
    Intel Q9400 (3.6Ghz) / Asus P5Q Deluxe / 8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800
    MSI R6970 Afterburner 2GB / Asus Xonar DX
    Crucial M4 128GB SSD / Seagate 640GB SATA2 / Lite-On DVD/RW Litescribe SATA
    XFX XXX-Edition modular 650W PSU
    Enzotech / Swiftech / Koolance

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast