Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thermochill' s New Coolant fluid.

Xtreme Member

Thermochill' s New Coolant fluid.

Folks i found this info about TC's new fluid and after the blooming issue I had with Feser as of late I thought someone may be interested in hearing about it

Pre-mixed coolant for the PC Watercooling industry has been a rather hit and miss affair as of late. Many are now opting out and going back to the old tried and tested De-ionised water method. With large companies such as Feser and Primochill having well documented issues with their coolant, it is with hopes that Thermochill can do better.

Thermochill are well respected industry in the Watercooling radiator sector of the market and it is with hopes that they can transfer the same amount of quality into their fluid. It is fair to say that the industry will be keeping a close eye on this latest development from Thermochill after incidents shown below caused by other 'popular coolant fluids.

Issues caused by Feser fluids, as found in a customers PC by this reviewers own eyes.

http://www.gilgameshreviews.com/foru...=7977#post7977

Hope this helps.

gilgamesh1
    Last edited by gilgamesh1; 10-01-2009 at 02:35 PM.

Xtreme Guru
    Is it just me, or did i just read an ad?
    Project Millertime: The Core I5 build

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by millertime359 View Post
    Yeah looks like a good plug.

Xtreme Member
    lol no. I happened to have an issue with feser's fluid and i have never published those shots before. Spent three hours cleaning those blocks up. I was a fan of feser before i saw that.

gilgamesh

Xtreme Guru
    It read like a plug. That's all.

Distilled water, silver, and some nice colored tubing is all i need.

Add in a couple of LEDs for the res.

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

Xtreme Member
    It read like a plug. That's all.

Distilled water, silver, and some nice colored tubing is all i need.

Add in a couple of LEDs for the res.
    yep thats all i use now to be honest....distilled/ and ptnuke=job done

gilgamesh

Xtreme Member
    About time it came out x)
    They've been talking about it for some time

Xtreme Member
    I don't really understand why someone buys premixed fluid when you can get distilled/de-ionized water at your grocery store for very cheap.

Xtreme Mentor
    So now that Thermochill is owned by a new company, they are using the brand name to promote what is probably just another blend of stuff with UV dye. They better pray its good stuff cus Thermochill was never about marketing, but solid products.
    Asus Rampage Formula X48
    Intel Q9650 @ 4.33GHZ
    OCZ Platinum DDR2-800
    Palit 4870x2
    Creative Xi-Fi Extreme Music
    Corsair HX1000
    LL 343B Case
    Thermochill 120.3
    2xMCP355
    KL 350AT
    KL 4870X2 FC WB
    DD Chipset Block

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by earthwormjim View Post
    I don't really understand why someone buys premixed fluid when you can get distilled/de-ionized water at your grocery store for very cheap.
    color and marketing. $20 for something that claims to be non-conductive, and won't make my brand new $2000 rig a paperweight is a very nice idea.

Then you learn better.

Xtreme Addict
    Pfff, TC was about quality....Now we have THIS! Someone fell asleep at the wheel. It's all the same damn crap!

Quote Originally Posted by earthwormjim View Post
    I know it's hard to believe, but some of us like color in our loops. Yes, you can use colored tubing and LEDs in your reservoir - but it's just not the same

I absolutely recommend distilled and a biocide, but will continue to satisfy my desire for color with pre-mixed coolants (sad, I know)

Banned
    i use hydrx myself love it looks nice and doesnt do that to my blocks

I am Xtreme
    its not sad, every bit of difference in LC..makes everything so much more interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    I know it's hard to believe, but some of us like color in our loops. Yes, you can use colored tubing and LEDs in your reservoir - but it's just not the same

I absolutely recommend distilled and a biocide, but will continue to satisfy my desire for color with pre-mixed coolants (sad, I know)

Xtreme Batrachian
    Not my cup of tea, but I'm sure there is a market for a coloured pre-mixed coolant that doesn't stain acrylic, clog your blocks, stays reactive for long enough to make a memory and performs only slightly worse than DI.

The non-conductive part bugs me slightly, mainly because it has been discussed ad nauseam that no non-exotic formulation will remain non-conductive for long, but I suppose is a selling point, and AFAIK at the point of the fluid leaving the container, the statement is true.

Let's face it, watercooling your computer is already counter-intuitive... bashing someone because he/she is prepared to sacrifice 5% performance in order to attain a certain degree of visual satisfaction is a good exercise of hypocrisy... specially considering that many times the same individual will base his/her purchases in purely logical reasoning, like "that waterblock looks like pr0n"
    Quote Originally Posted by fart_plume View Post
    First loops are like first sex, all hands and thumbs till you figure out what goes where, then it's what ever works best for you.

Xtreme Addict
    Difference is MrToad and Shazza are making true statements about premixed, so nothing to bash or even comment on. The primary reason people get corrected or "bashed" is for making untrue statements that might coax others into being sorry for a bad purchase, such as claiming premixed performs better than water, or is non-conductive (even hinting its ok if you spill it on your mobo), or to me the worst of 3, not warning others about it gunking up the rad, pump, blocks. And no doubt people just using premixed and not making claims may get some warnings, though if it were me, I would be thankful for them, I would be pissed having to clean that gunk off.

But start posting how much better premix cools, or how much more non-conductive it is than distilled as if your safe spilling it on your mobo....and all bets are off.

Frankly, if someone could actually make a UV reactive fluid that never gunked up anyones gear in a year use, I might buy it, especially if it was 98% distilled hence same performance as water.

Xtreme Guru
    Nice post RGE.

Yep, rge's post sums up my thoughts.

I always try to preface comments on my coolant use with "you need to be aware of the risks, and don't think using it precludes the need for leak testing and system maintenance/monitoring."

Xtreme Cruncher
    De-Ionized is not what you want. It's actually more active (since it lacks an Ion yes?) Distilled is fine as it's basically inert in terms of galvanic corrosion. I've given up on premix and I have all but given up on dye as so much of it is nasty and doesn't last.

You would be amazed at how long regular old food color you get at the grocery store lasts in comparision to stuff that is supposedly "PC-specific".
    20 Logs on the fire for WCG: i7 920@2.8 X3220@3.0 X3220@2.4 E8400@4.05 E6600@2.4

Xtreme Guru
    Yep, rge's post sums up my thoughts.

I always try to preface comments on my coolant use with "you need to be aware of the risks, and don't think using it precludes the need for leak testing and system maintenance/monitoring."
    Yep, its not that anyone is saying NOT to use it.

There are just better options out there, but if you wish to use it, just understand the risk you are taking.

Xtreme Member
    Yep, its not that anyone is saying NOT to use it.

There are just better options out there, but if you wish to use it, just understand the risk you are taking.
    yep as a review site, i cannot pre-judge any product.all i can do is say as i see it. But i agree with most here pre-mixed is usually pants.....but if it works well then it will well.

Cameron from skinnee will do a nice technical based review

And in my review I will be testing to destruction= boiling in pan freezing etc. install it on a 120.2 rad and ask it to cool a core i7 and a gtx295 on the same loop etc

If you remember i had the first TC PA140.3 prototype rad.

I hope Tc fluid is more than just a marketing ploy, but I prefer Distilled/PTNUKE myself.........but there are THOSE who prefer pre-mixed coolant a set and forget option. Not everyone is at our levels of technical competence.. All pre-mixed fluid is for those who just want to put it in their systems and forget......

gilgamesh
    Last edited by gilgamesh1; 10-02-2009 at 10:51 AM.

Xtreme Member
    The clear coolant they have lined up is exciting.

All pre-mixed fluid is for those who just want to put it in their systems and forget......
    Nope, gotta disagree here. Maybe for most, but not all. As stated before, some of us like the color options, even though we understand the chemistry and the risks. I've tried food coloring, but wasn't happy with it. May give it another go.

My concern is that people who are new to water cooling think they NEED the pre-mixed coolants. Not everyone reads forums before building their system, and they wouldn't necessarily know much of the hype is just that. And, $20-40 on coolant is an unneeded expense if you're working on a tight budget.

Back to the announcement about Thermochill getting in the coolant business - always happy to have another product to try, so hope it works well.

Xtreme Addict
    My concern is that people who are new to water cooling think they NEED the pre-mixed coolants. Not everyone reads forums before building their system, and they wouldn't necessarily know much of the hype is just that. And, $20-40 on coolant is an unneeded expense if you're working on a tight budget.
    Same here. To someone who knows the risk who cares because they know. But to a new individual the ads make it look like that is actually needed and then when the new people have a bad experience they quit and sell their gear. When someone asks them about water cooling they immediately get a very biased review based on someone's inexperience. I would have much more respect for the companies if they were to place on the ad somewhere..."Meant for professional use only!" or something along those lines to show they need to educate themselves a little before purchasing.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadasius View Post
    Same here. To someone who knows the risk who cares because they know. But to a new individual the ads make it look like that is actually needed and then when the new people have a bad experience they quit and sell their gear. When someone asks them about water cooling they immediately get a very biased review based on someone's inexperience. I would have much more respect for the companies if they were to place on the ad somewhere..."Meant for professional use only!" or something along those lines to show they need to educate themselves a little before purchasing.
    good call

Well let us see how it performs, if performs not to standards i will certainly say so, last thing we need is another F.......... i wont say the company or Ma........ will throw a fit and think im out to get him like he said about Sniipe Dog

gilgamesh

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast