MMM
    X

Subscribe to New Ads!

Receive weekly ads in your inbox!

Thread: forceware 182.50 issues!

PIfection

forceware 182.50 issues!

i dont know what lame mistake i am making, but i have tried xp sp2, xp sp3 and a new xp sp2 slipstream with only the mass-storage drivers i need,

i am trying to install 182.50 with a gtx 295, after driver is installed and xp boots, i get a blank screen (aka monitor detecting no output from vgas)... i am getting the same issue with 181.20 and 185 now but not 190..

i have had all three of these drivers working before with 295 so ive got NO idea what i am doing wrong, even when i stick a fully stock air card in there i get the same thing...

any suggestions would be so thankful as ive spent a number of hours on this now and its making me feel very stupid..

running rampage extreme also btw

Champion
    Got the exact same problem here actually, with GTX275. Also normal version of XP, and stock card.

For me, it helped to install the driver, then reboot, and do "last working configuration...". Then the driver should still be installed if you look in control panel, but it isn't working properly. I just installed the driver once again, without removing the first one, and then rebootet normally, and it worked

This worked with 182.50, but ive no idea if it was just luck, or if it works all the time, and for everyone
    GOOC 2009 EU: #3
    MSI MOA 2009 EU: #3
    MSI MOA 2009 WW: #1
    MSI MOA 2010 EU: #1
    MSI MOA 2010 WW: #1
    MSI MOA 2011 EU: #4

** and some screw-ups i don't wanna mention

PIfection
    this unfortunately doesnt work for me, but thanks for the suggestion...

if i put the 295 in the second slot and another gpu in the first slot, i get a message in windows about the driver being for a previous version of windows... i have tried 181.20 and 182.50 and redownloading both... no luck

KiSUS
    Try to use DVI.

Works for me.
    Lights, Music, Camera, Action !

PIfection
    ive got it running now but it was an absolute struggle, i have imaged this OS so i dont have to go through this hell again with 295 on xp