Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: The official GT300/Fermi Thread

Banned Movieman...
    even if it is a monster i sense we will see alot more of these

http://store.nvidia.com/DRHM/servlet...ctID=165074700

nvidia decided to improve gpgpu, but "can it run crysis?"
    Last edited by netkas; 09-30-2009 at 12:43 PM.

Considering the 58x0 series still struggles with crysis at high rez, I sure hope it can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon2ky
    "dammit kyle what's with the 30 second sex lately?" "Sorry sweetie, I overclocked my nuts and they haven't been stable since"
    Quote Originally Posted by trinibwoy View Post
    I don't think his backside has internet access.
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337 View Post
    Hey I just met you
    And this is crazy
    But I'm on bath salts
    And your face looks tasty

Ill just leave this here.

http://anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3651

Although it does leave wiggle room for early-adopters to get thier cards by Xmas. Note the "widespread."

Xtreme Cruncher
    this is truly awesome. i cant wait to see the scale of how many gpu's they can put in a single data center.

this made me lol:
    I asked two people at NVIDIA why Fermi is late; NVIDIA's VP of Product Marketing, Ujesh Desai and NVIDIA's VP of GPU Engineering, Jonah Alben. Ujesh responded: because designing GPUs this big is "ing hard".
    Last edited by Chumbucket843; 10-01-2009 at 02:41 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by eric66 View Post
    *edited out by Dil-Tech* looks like killer gpu we can see rape of 5870 lol *edited out by Dil-Tech*
    Here, I fixed your post for you. You are welcome!

On topic: I am really surprised that they adopted 384 bit memory interface rather than 512 bit. Is it because of GDDR5?
    Last edited by DilTech; 09-30-2009 at 01:29 PM. Reason: WATCH THE LANGUAGE! - Dil-Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Chumbucket843 View Post
    this is truly awesome. i cant wait to see the scale of how many gpu's they can put in a single data center.

this made me lol:
    Yea, awesome quote coming from an engineer.

Edit: Nope, it was the marketing guy. My bad.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SamHughe View Post

On topic: I am really surprised that they adopted 384 bit memory interface rather than 512 bit. Is it because of GDDR5?
    I would love to see GT300 beat the 5870 as well. I'm counting on it. I like nVidia very much, and if they offer me a better card in atleast the majority of features and speed I will be a very happy guy around Xmas time. I guess that makes me a fanboy. Yay.

I can wait whilst using my G80, no problem at all. Still runs games fine.

GT300, bring it on, let's see what you got nVidia.
    Last edited by Tim; 09-30-2009 at 12:48 PM.

Intel Core i7-3770K
    ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) Vengeance LP 1600
    Corsair H80
    120GB Samsung 840 EVO, 500GB WD Scorpio Blue, 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
    Corsair RM650
    Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced
    OC: 5Ghz | +0.185 offset : 1.352v

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Of course.
    512BIT BUS Width and GDDR5-4800+ would be overkill even for the "enhanced" child of the GF100 ( the new GPU ).

They don't need the extra bandwidth, and I'm quite sure the lower trannie ( transistor ) count and the "easier" to produce PCB say go for 384BIT
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Addict

ehm don't understand why truth make me fanboy *deleted by Dil-Tech* ? lol

want to bet that it won't happen ?
    Last edited by DilTech; 09-30-2009 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Language...Check your pms.

Xtreme Addict
    What is all this fanboy business about anyway. If you watch Formula One, or Football or any other sport, you cannot possibly say you don't have your favorite team. It's like I would prefer a Skyline over a Scooby, it's just personal preference. It's a bit sad this whole 'you fanboy!' thing. I wouldn't mind using an ATI card, but still would prefer nVidia, I've always have had very good experiences with nVidia, especially driver wise and new features.
    Last edited by Tim; 10-01-2009 at 04:38 AM.

Intel Core i7-3770K
    ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) Vengeance LP 1600
    Corsair H80
    120GB Samsung 840 EVO, 500GB WD Scorpio Blue, 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
    Corsair RM650
    Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced
    OC: 5Ghz | +0.185 offset : 1.352v

Eric, I'm giving you one chance to edit that post yourself... you have 15 minutes.

Consider this a warning to every one, WATCH THE LANGUAGE! Next time won't be just a warning about it.

:::On Topic:::

I know what you mean Tim. Everyone use to claim me a NVidia fanboy, but I have no problem buying an ATi card either, and in fact am presently using one. Of course, with the issues I've run into with my HDTV and this thing, I'm kind of wishing I hadn't, but the fact remains that for the price I was spending ATi was the better buy and that's who I went with.

When a product treats you right, you remember that. When a product treats you wrong, you remember that too. That's how a "fan" is born, plain and simple. Old school computer users still haven't gotten over back when ATi cards couldn't run opengl at all during opengl's hey-day, claiming it wasn't important. We still saw signs of it until earlier this decade as they still had poor opengl performance, which they finally fixed. Those people who had that problem though haven't forgotten, and most will never touch ati because of it.

There is, however, a difference between a Preference and being an out-right Fanboy. A fanboy will NEVER buy anything but that brand, and thinks said company never does any wrong.
    Last edited by DilTech; 09-30-2009 at 01:09 PM.
    "dammit kyle what's with the 30 second sex lately?" "Sorry sweetie, I overclocked my nuts and they haven't been stable since"
    Hey I just met you
    And this is crazy
    But I'm on bath salts

Xtreme Addict
    thing is nvidia came with brand new arch even it was old one with those specs it would easily kill 5870. now i trust my six sense and no i am not a fanboy i used different brands and i like to give everyone a chance until they majorly dissapoint me so i say gt3xx series top card will walk all over 5870 with its current performance
    Last edited by DilTech; 09-30-2009 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Removed line that didn't need to be here..you know what it was.

Banned Movieman...
    Quote Originally Posted by DilTech View Post
    snip.
    back off topic for a minute.

are you a new mod or did you change your name?

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Anand
    Then timing is just as valid, because while Fermi currently exists on paper, it's not a product yet. Fermi is late. Clock speeds, configurations and price points have yet to be finalized. NVIDIA just recently got working chips back and it's going to be at least two months before I see the first samples. Widespread availability won't be until at least Q1 2010.
    http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3651&p=1

so what's the point of arguing right now? Let's wait CeBIT, or in better case CES, and review these threads about GT300 aka GF100
    Adobe is working on Flash Player support for 64-bit platforms as part of our ongoing commitment to the cross-platform compatibility of Flash Player. We expect to provide native support for 64-bit platforms in an upcoming release of Flash Player following the release of Flash Player 10.1.

Quote Originally Posted by stangracin3 View Post
    back off topic for a minute.

are you a new mod or did you change your name?
    I've been around for awhile, I was just gone for months due to work. My original name was suppose to be Dil-Tech on here, but the activation screwed up so I had to make it this.
    Hey I just met you
    And this is crazy
    But I'm on bath salts

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by eric66 View Post
    thing is nvidia came with brand new arch even it was old one with those specs it would easily kill 5870. now i trust my six sense and no i am not a fanboy i used different brands and i like to give everyone a chance until they majorly dissapoint me so i say gt3xx series top card will walk all over 5870 with its current performance
    i dont think it will kill a 5870, these things were built to be bigger and stronger and more expensive. ATI will be here unless you see these launch for 100$ and come with free pie and hookers.

Xtreme Addict
    I was 3gb/s off on my estimated memory bandwidth, damn Pretty good guess though I'd say.

The 5870x2 will still be faster but if there is in fact an official 5850x2, it might just trade blows with it. Nvidia won't hold the single board crown until they manage some kind of dual design but their single gpu performance should be top of the pile.

I expect it to be priced around $450-500 or so (with the 360 at 5870 price levels), and it might turn out the the X2s end up launching at more than AMDs said 500 (edit: that would have been likely with a Q4 release, a Q1 release gives them no competition still )due to this new information ( either that or all the prices will slide down a fair bit) I'd be as bold to guess that a GTX380 might be 20-30% faster at times single gpu so it should be a pretty impressive product. However it still is a more expensive design to produce that R870 by a fair amount ( raw specs say this much ) so I don't expect their prices to fall much in the months after release ( that and the performance advantage they'll offer ). The 360 model will likely trade blows with the 5870. I think SLI 360s will be quite popular that said ( assuming they don't red ring... oh my bad )

The final question is when will we see them in mass. I'm going to guess mid to late December at best assuming the rumored November launch ( as with the 8800GTX / 680i with their November *paperish* launches, availability was somewhat weak for about a month ) EDIT: Scratch that, Anand says is still toting the Q1 release card. That said, a 20-30% increase ( a fair guess if you ask me ) 4-6 months after the competition isn't that amazing but required, I don't feel bad about getting a 5870 with this much of a time gap.
    Last edited by Chickenfeed; 09-30-2009 at 01:45 PM.
    Feedanator 7.0
    CASE:R5|PSU:850G2|CPU:i7 6850K|MB:x99 Ultra|RAM:8x4 2666|GPU:980TI|SSD:BPX256/Evo500|SOUND:2i4/HS8
    LCD:XB271HU|OS:Win10|INPUT:G900/K70 |HS/F:H115i

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    What is all this fanboy business about anyway. If you watch Formula One, or Football or any other sport, you cannot possibly say you don't have your favorite team. It's like I would prefer a Skyline over a Scooby, it's just personal preferance. It's a bit sad this whole 'you fanboy!' thing. I wouldn't mind using an ATI card, but still would prefer nVidia, I've always have had very good experiences with nVidia, especially driver wise and new features.
    Little OT (don't shoot me please): The difference is that Formula One or Football are shows that you see for entertainment, they're shows where the participants compete, so it's logical that audience developes favoritism for certain participant. It's about it in the end.

But ATI, NVIDIA, AMD, Intel and so are companies that make products for you to buy. Supporting one like if they were "your team", making yourself blind about their "faults", or being happy about competition "losing the game", it's kind of sad IMHO. It's like if I am a fan of :banana::banana::banana:or (I don't know if it's in all the world, a home appliances vendor).

That said, I find that in forums the thing of fanboyism (I'm not talking about this specific case, not my business so...) is way abused now to make others opinions appear less valid or biased to strengthen the one's position. So I try to be the more distant the better about this term.

Of course, having a favourite brand based on personal experiences or other factors is perfectly good. I happen to not have them in this case, I've not had any bad experience with either ATi or NVIDIA. I have in other topics.

Oh, someone else think that this is a mess with so many threads about "GT300 and its specifications"

All those turns now here now there are making my head spin...
    Last edited by Farinorco; 09-30-2009 at 01:42 PM.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Farinorco View Post
    Little OT (don't shoot me please): The difference is that Formula One or Football are shows that you see for entertainment, they're shows where the participants compete, so it's logical that audience developes favoritism for certain participant. It's about it in the end.

But ATI, NVIDIA, AMD, Intel and so are companies that make products for you to buy. Supporting one like if they were "your team", making yourself blind about their "faults", or being happy about competition "losing the game", it's kind of sad IMHO. It's like if I am a fan of :banana::banana::banana:or (I don't know if it's in all the world, a home appliances vendor).

That said, I find that in forums the thing of fanboyism (I'm not talking about this specific case, not my business so...) is way abused now to make others opinions appear less valid or biased to strengthen the one's position. So I try to be the more distant the better about this term.

Of course, having a favourite brand based on personal experiences or other factors is perfectly good. I happen to not have them in this case, I've not had any bad experience with either ATi or NVIDIA. I have in other topics.

Oh, someone else think that this is a mess with so many threads about "GT300 and its specifications"

All those turns now here now there are making my head spin...
    off topic too...

beating up someone for wearing the wrong sports jersey i think is 1000x worse than any fanboy we have on here

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicdan View Post
    off topic too...

beating up someone for wearing the wrong sports jersey i think is 1000x worse than any fanboy we have on here
    Agreed.

Xtreme Addict
    http://alienbabeltech.com/main/wp-co...FermiGT300.jpg

looks small or jen is very big lol

Xtreme Guru
    looks like no 5800 of any/no sort for me..

384bit is disappointing for such rops/core specs but i guess 3gb will make up for it

patiently waiting on you gtx380

thank you nvidia

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedjo View Post
    http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3651&p=1

so what's the point of arguing right now? Let's wait CeBIT, or in better case CES, and review these threads about GT300 aka GF100
    hmm so by the time nVIDIA will manage to release the "Fermi" AMD will be out with the complete lineup from top to bottom.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict

close one

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast