Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GT300 specs, gtx380,360 gts350,340

Banned
    I love how people are expecting 3x performance, only to disappoint themselves and call the card crap when the card releases, just like the 5800 release.

Keep on it guys!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Well, we're not severely depressed or overly pessimistic. Theres a difference, I believe it HAS to compete with the 5870x2 or it fails. Its not a hope, but a must for nvidia.

And it doesn't have to be 3x as powerful.... it has to be about 130 - 140% as powerful... which, the 8800gtx did in several benchmarks.... so it is POSSIBLE.

Quote Originally Posted by orangekiwii View Post
    Well, we're not severely depressed or overly pessimistic. Theres a difference, I believe it HAS to compete with the 5870x2 or it fails. Its not a hope, but a must for nvidia.

And it doesn't have to be 3x as powerful.... it has to be about 130 - 140% as powerful... which, the 8800gtx did in several benchmarks.... so it is POSSIBLE.
    There are reports of a gx2 already being worked on.

I dont think it needs to be that much more powerful. A nice 20% over 5870 and they will retain their 66/33 marketshare.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Addict
    So the 5870 doubles the 4870/4890 and upps the clock, nVidia with goes a bit higher than doubling, both look to offer far superior performance per watt than last gen.

Looks like win, lets get some reviews and prices!

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by BenchZowner View Post
    Looks good, now lets see it in action!
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

PI in the face
    are there any threads on XS anymore that arent packed with speculation and rumor? where are the facts guys?
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ud View Post
    So many opinions and so few screenshots

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbylite View Post
    are there any threads on XS anymore that arent packed with speculation and rumor? where are the facts guys?
    Both GT300 threads have press release info from Nvidia...
    Donate to XS forums
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbylite View Post
    I just posted a link to direct quotes from nV regarding Furmi in the other GT300 spec thread. It is the most concrete thing we have so far.

I am Xtreme
    Perhaps we should get one big GT300 thread instead of three small ones like with ATI 58x0, this is getting silly... Ashraf?
    Donate to XS forums

Xtreme Guru
    OK the specs surely exceeded my expectations. 100~120% increase over GTX 285 seems like an easy task, of course if everything scaled linearly it would be way faster but that's where the prob lies so yea 100~120% or so sounds like a reasonable figure I think.
    Last edited by RPGWiZaRD; 09-30-2009 at 01:26 PM.
    Intel? Core i5-4670K @ 4.3 GHz | ASRock Extreme6 Z87 | G.Skill Sniper 2x8GB @ DDR4-1866 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 970 OC Windforce 3x | Super Flower Titanium 1000W | ViewSonic VX2268wm 120Hz LCD | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | Logitech MX-518 | Win 7 x64 Professional | Samsung 850 EVO & 840 Pro SSDs

If all people would share opinions in an objective manner, the world would be a friendlier place

Xtreme Member
    Lets have a unified thread,be much easier only having to check one!
    CPU: Intel 2500k (4.8ghz)
    Mobo: Asus P8P67 PRO
    GPU: HIS 6950 flashed to Asus 6970 (1000/1400) under water
    Sound: Corsair SP2500 with X-Fi
    Storage: Intel X-25M g2 160GB + 1x1TB f1
    Case: Sivlerstone Raven RV02
    PSU: Corsair HX850
    Cooling: Custom loop: EK Supreme HF, EK 6970
    Screens: BenQ XL2410T 120hz

Help for Heroes

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodkin View Post
    Lets have a unified thread,be much easier only having to check one!
    Yes and people should learn to post in the existing threads, we don't need a new thread for every new news concerning the same things and especially not all these rumored news that's slipped lately.

We really only needed "The GT300 thread" like ATI had it's own instead of "[Charlie] yields are poor", [FUD] Chip is fine! etc. Since there's nothing to really discuss in those threads they only increase spam and offtopicness and fanboy wars. So I suggest a mod could merge all the recent GT300 threads into one, thanks.

So think about this for future launches of CPUs, GPUs, Sockets etc.
    Last edited by RPGWiZaRD; 09-30-2009 at 01:35 PM.
    Intel? Core i5-4670K @ 4.3 GHz | ASRock Extreme6 Z87 | G.Skill Sniper 2x8GB @ DDR4-1866 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 970 OC Windforce 3x | Super Flower Titanium 1000W | ViewSonic VX2268wm 120Hz LCD | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | Logitech MX-518 | Win 7 x64 Professional | Samsung 850 EVO & 840 Pro SSDs

If all people would share opinions in an objective manner, the world would be a friendlier place

I am Xtreme
    my interpretation from skimming over this:

CUDA is getting a severe upgrade and will pwn alot

ECC ram is going to let us see a nice flavor of their GPU specifically for processing farms.

Nvidia is supporting developers very nicely

Xtreme Enthusiast
    good read, and definitely a must read before posting in this thread

in regard to the spam of threads, the new merged topic needs an OP with links to individual news posts... trying to find the actual news in the ATi HD5XXX thread was like looking for a needle in a haystack. fan boy wars on this topic is inevitable ..
    Last edited by Chruschef; 09-30-2009 at 01:38 PM.
    "fightoffyourdemons"

Quote Originally Posted by alcachofa View Post
    Fixed

Xtreme Mentor
    Coming Soon

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post
    OK the specs surely exceeded my expectations. 100~120% increase over GTX 285 seems like an easy task, of course if everything scaled linearly it would be way faster but that's where the prob lies so yea 100~120% or so sounds like a reasonable figure I think.
    Not even close...
    Originally Posted by motown_steve
    Every genocide that was committed during the 20th century has been preceded by the disarmament of the target population. Once the government outlaws your guns your life becomes a luxury afforded to you by the state. You become a tool to benefit the state. Should you cease to benefit the state or even worse become an annoyance or even a hindrance to the state then your life becomes more trouble than it is worth.

Once the government outlaws your guns your life is forfeit. You're already dead, it's just a question of when they are going to get around to you.

Banned
    I thought we learned that doubling doesn't always = double performance? Didn't the 5870 prove this? The 5870 is still a great card no doubt, but you need to not over hype the card or you'll be disappointed.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Key to happiness in the tech world = low expectations.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    The thing with 5870 to 4870 in terms of specs is, well yes, the physical specs were double but the architecture comparatively changed "little" from the rv770 arch. There were changes... but not very massive ones...

In gtx380, its MORE than a physical doubling of specs.... double the transistor count (3 billion) and an ENTIRELY new core which apparently makes better use of the transistors available (atleast in gpgpu applications).

All in all I expect gtx380 to be 120% of gtx280 @ about 500$

Is this likely? I do not know. But this is what it would take for it to be good in my eyes (would be better if it had more performance, or lower cost, or both)

Xtreme Addict
    I think it will equal GTX280 sli, just how a 5870 = 48701GB crossfire. SO yes it will be faster than a 5870, and probably almost the speed of 5850 crossfire.
    Bring... bring the amber lamps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by kadozer View Post
    Key to happiness in the tech world = low expectations.
    If we followed this, alot of us techies would be a new videocard, new processor every generation.

Being disappointed is what stops people from upgrading when they can afford to.

A card matching crossfired 5850 would kill the need for 5870x2 because people want single card performance way more, so much they are easily willing to take a 10-15 % percent hit.

I think it should be 20-30 percent faster than gtx 285 SLI, since there are about 6% more shaders than just double, likely higher shaders speeds(from rumors 10-15%), and just changes to the new architecture + the memory bandwidth being close to double.
    Last edited by tajoh111; 09-30-2009 at 04:34 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Seeing as how Nvidia doesn't even have set clocks, I don't think you can claim any performance increase at all, much less dismiss any dual card issues seeing as how heat and power consumption on something that large/transistor dense may be an issue all in itself

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast