Thread: PC Ice coolant, Micro bubbles troubles

Xtreme Member

PC Ice coolant, Micro bubbles troubles

I am using PC Ice coolant D5 pump and T3 res. After doing the best I could to get the system as full as possible I turned the pump on and it pushed the air out of the hiding spots and now I have a million Micro bubbles that are near impossible to get out.
    How can I get all these bubbles out they don't gather into a larger bubble very well and they hardly even want to move up a incline when I move the case trying to burp the systems.
    Thanks

Xtreme Addict
    How long have they been there?

Xtreme Member
    I just re- looped it so the Rad goes to CPU, so a few hours.

Xtreme Guru
    A full bleed takes time. Mine takes about 6 hours to get about 90% bled. I tried PC Ice for a short time and didn't like how it foamed up. I now use distilled water and silver. Just let it run for a few more hours and see how it looks.
    Project Millertime: The Core I5 build

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

Xtreme Addict
    Usually takes a few days for them to be all gone. I re-did the loop on one of my rigs last weekend and theres still a few stragglers in there. Give it a few days.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Ya, +1 on PC Ice being the worst coolant for foaming/microbubbling. I swapped cases last weekend into a Panzerbox (scored it for cheap when Xoxide had their firesale) and refilled using PC Ice (also scored for cheap in firesale). Filled my loop on saturday night, and I am still fighting that one last pocket of bubbles that loves to re-accumulate in my rad... rrr

Xtreme Guru
    Yea, wanted to get one of those Enermax PSU 1050s, as they were going for a good price, but really didn't have the money.
    Project Millertime: The Core I5 build

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

Chasing After Diety
    u know the best thing u can do for us to help you more effectively is supply a picture.

They say a picture is worth 1000 words. In debuging its probably worth 10k words.
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I had a similar problem with distilled and a little utopia. First time I've used this stuff. It's like they put dish soap in it. That machine also has a T3 and D5 mounted low in the case.

After 24+hours leak test (I had a leak) and bleed the tubes were still almost completely white with bubbles and the top of the T3 was full.

I mostly fixed it by draining the loop and refilling it with the same coolant. When I re filled it I popped a tube off a barb high in the case so that I didn't have to depend on the pump to fill. It looks much better now but they're not _completely_ gone yet but it looks and sounds so much better. The bubbles are still a little visible in the T3, but it's much better.

I hope this helps...
    Last edited by meanmoe; 10-02-2009 at 05:18 AM.