Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: ATi has problems with some DX10 titles at 1080p?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Stukov View Post
    Well, DX10 mode isn't being forced to lower refresh rate
    So dx7 worked, dx8 worked, dx9 worked, but dx10 didn't. Which DX is not working here, 8? I'd say DX10... If your statement was true there would be nothing for us to be talking about in this thread.

Have you tried reinstalling your OS fresh? Have you tried Riva Tuners D3D Overrider on your system?
    Tried both of these back then, i tried 6 different refresh rate override programs - it does not work in dx10 mode. The authors of these programs have stated this themselves - i was in PM contact with the author of ATITrayTools for a few days. At one point i was trying some fairly 'advanced' techniques using programs such as Powerstrip to remove ATI's display driver and attempt to create a custom one of my own for my specific HDTV, but after many attempts that didn't work either.

If it was an issue with ATI, then no ATI user could get it to work. There is another reason why it isn't working your system.
    Well, when the issue occurs with ATI and not with Nvidia, on the same system, then i choose to believe that the issue is with ATI, maybe i'm just being unreasonable there. Regardless of whether or not ALL people have this issue:- If i'm the only person with this issue, then yes i'd have to concede that it is something specific to my system at fault. If i'm NOT the only one with this issue, if indeed this is a widespread (as it is in this case) issue affecting many people, then no it's not a problem with my system alone.

I'll be following this thread closely just to see if a solution is found (i'd stake my savings fund that it won't be though )
    Last edited by Xello; 10-05-2009 at 11:04 AM.
    TJ07 | Corsair HX1000W | Gigabyte EX58 Extreme | i7 930 @ 4ghz | Ek Supreme | Thermochill PA 120.3 | Laing DDC 12v w/ mod plexi top | 3x2gb Corsair 1600mhz | GTX 680 | Raid 0 300gb Velociraptor x 2 | Razer Lachesis & Lycosa | Win7 HP x64 | fluffy dice.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345