MMM

Thread: Tuniq Tower 120 backplate for 1155

Xtreme Member

Tuniq Tower 120 backplate for 1155

Hello all,

I just went and bought a bunch of stuff from Microcenter for my new 2500K processor quite an upgrade from my E8400, as much as I love it!

Anyways, was curious to know if there is a backplate available for the Tuniq Tower 120 on socket 1155. (I should note that I don't expect one specifically for the 1155, but it's my understanding that 1156 backplates should work... but all the backplates I've found are for Tuniq Tower 120 Extremes.) Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Last edited by TSFroggy; 01-09-2011 at 01:39 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    The backplate for the TT120 extreme should be perfectly compatible with the TT120, as long as the mounting mechanism remains the same. Keep in mind that the original TT 120 has trouble cooling quads or hexes if the power draw gets extremely high with high vcore (like over 200W); the heatpipes vaporize and doesn't have time to condense fast enough and the temps slowly keep rising and rising... that's why I stopped using my TT120 on my QX9650...it couldn't handle the heat...but it was awesome for my dual core...

You're definitely better off grabbing a new HS...even an inexpensive CM 212+ will work great.

Xtreme Member
    Interesting perspective, thanks a lot. I ended up finding this thread:

http://www.overclock.net/cooling-exp...-original.html

and used the OP's technique to jury rig my Tuniq Tower 120 onto my 1155 computer. I was not aware that there was a design limitation and that the Tuniq Tower 120 isn't good with quads... I'll have to look into that. Thanks again for your post.