Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JCviggen - Tom Holck - OPPAINTER

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by hipro5 View Post
    You "older" guys please re-read their posts on your free time to REMEMBER...
    YOU younger guys please read their posts to know them and learn the "spirit"...
    You have free time to read - I know - because you're many hours on net searching....So READ about them and spend your hours on this and not on other cruppy things.....

REMEMBER AND LEARN....
    I first started browsing forums back in mid-2006, www.thelab.gr was my first one. While reading your posts there in 2007, I noticed that you mentioned something about a great forum called www.xtremesystems.org, where everybody is messing with extreme cooling and stuff. Back then, I was chatting in msn with BenchZowner (for those who might get a little confused, Bill has a different nickname in Greek forums - that's why I knew him before registering to XtremeSystems) and he also insisted that I register here - so many legends posting things regarding overclocking and benchmarking, I just HAD to join the community !

When the time came and I joined this honorable community, I distinctly remember browsing through your threads hipro in order to see what accomplishments you've made in the past. Now, I came across a thread named WHERE is JCViggen.....I miss this guy....... and I gotta admit it got my full attention straight away. Oppainter posted in that one as well, so I thought what the hell let's see their overclocking endeavors as well (Oppainter's and JCViggen's). In one of Oppainter's thread, another legend had posted (Digital Jesus). I seriously can't recall exactly how many hours I dedicated going through threads of truly respectable guys like Vince, Charles, Oppainter, JCViggen, Digital Jesus, Kunaak, Tom, DDTUNG, ojdr2001, Ricky, Pedro, Lardy and of course you George. I strongly believe that the time and effort the above-mentioned legends put in their results, without having the conveniently powerful VGAs on stock cooling and handpicked CPUs that can tear everything up, is seriously what overclocking should be about - overclocking in its true spirit.

Even though that I fully admired all you guys and got taken aback by your overclocking achievements, after all this searching I felt kinda sad. Why ? Because it was when I realised that overclocking will not be the same again. It's not about having fun anymore, it's not I'm not that good in English and you guys probably wonder about what I'm desperately trying to say, that's why I will quote Angelo's words:

Quote Originally Posted by chispy View Post
    Woow a trip down to memory Lane , Seriously my Deepest Respect for the pioneers in 3D Benching , Because of OPP and Macci friendly wars in 3D i started Overclocking , well deserved tread and i miss having all the good sportmanship from that time , no jeoulosy no ridicously high BIG EGOS like in todays community , it was always helping each other out even if it meant for you to loose that #1 spot , ahhhhrgg im getting old at 41 years now , most of the youngster wont know about those good ol times , Respect , Honor and admiration its what this tread brings to my mind , Tx for this well deserved tread George.

Angelo.

Oh and also,

Quote Originally Posted by nachthymnen View Post

Big respect!
    Giorgio where are you my friend, long time no see
    Last edited by George_o/c; 09-28-2009 at 08:03 AM.

ALL PIONEERS U too Georgie

RESPECT

Xtreme Member
    .., many brought this sport forward and made it to what it is today.., many more continue that mission.., respect to all of you hard working benchers out there...

I am Xtreme
    wow JCviggen had 4ghz @ 2002

respect

nice thread truly epic

WOW A great thread!

RESPECT to all the Pioneers/Gurus!!

Xtreme Addict
    Tom Holck is a buddy of mine and i speak to him offent and i benched with him in April i Tivoli in Copenhagen for 3 days great guy and surly his monster cascade stil lives and it is mighty powerfull..

He is a proud member of OcteamDenmark.com

Look at his cascade in action in our crew

http://www.octeamdenmark.com/forums/...ead.php?t=3943

it can freezz everything to death

http://www.octeamdenmark.com/forums/member.php?u=688

here is his profile
    Last edited by Riska; 09-28-2009 at 11:26 AM.
    The man with the littel Barebone!
    And proud Crew of!!!
    Octeamdenmark.com
    Shuttle SX38P2Pro Barebone E8600cpu and HD4870X2 gfx and 2gig Crusial Ballistix PC8500 Cl5 and 2x150gig Raptor in raid 0 and 1x750 gig seagate
    Msi 790FX-GD70 Mobo Amd 955-965 PHII cpus and 2gig Crucial value PC10600@800mhz 7-5-5-15 1T
    And 4x500GB Seagate 7200.12 in raid0
    4xHD5770 in CFQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

xtreme energy
    oi, oi old days

Is there any history record of the first ever published LN2 score/LN2 container pictures etc.? That would be truly interesting

PIfection
    Quote Originally Posted by Gautam View Post
    Not tweaking 01 properly in those days was a sin.
    has something changed i didnt know about? :p

"I eat motherboards"
    Talking about the battles of Old... much respect to the forefathers.
    杰森
    I can picture in my mind a world without hate, a world without violence.
    And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Xtreme Addict
    ahhhh those were the days =)

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Yeap.....definitely grate days....

http://pifast.hexus.net/pifast.php

You filthy gautam.....

For the only thing I have regretted back in those days, was that because of me, Digital Jesus stop O/Clocking....
    We had a friendly fight about who's gonna get the higher score in Memory Bandwidth of the PCMark2004 and after I passed him, he got pissed off and wrote that he quits O/Cing....
    I can't find that thread (don't know how to search for it - here of maybe in Vr-zone)....

MrIcee - the "wise man"....

Jupiler - the one we had competition with our 440 VGAs...

Jeff - like our movieman now...

....and MANY others...

I don't wanna talk for macci because he's WITH US NOW....
    NOT even about k|ngp|n who actually was a SURPRISE for me...
    I'm talking about the "missing guys"...
    Last edited by hipro5; 09-28-2009 at 10:38 PM.
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Xtreme 3D Team
    Good topic George.

A bit before my time so I only recognize a couple names but I definitely have BIG respect for the pioneers. I always liked looking at the old threads to see what it was like back then, too bad most of the pictures don't work anymore though.

Seems when I talk with Eric (OPP) he just fails to recognize what an impact he made sometimes.
    Guess he's just a bit modest, he was having fun with it and that's what mattered then.

While I know the others, can't say that I really know them. lol

Xtreme Enthusiast
    much respect to the oc gods!!!!!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I even bought my first Phase Change unit (The first Vapchill) from JCviggen.
    I crushed the core on a golden XP2000+ with it

Those where the day's, XP's, the first PIV's (1.6 Northwood - 2.26 - 2.4)

Thanks for reminding me Hipro that I'm getting old

Dell XPS M1730 - X9000 @ 3400mhz-4096MB 667MHz DDR2 - M8800GTX SLI- 17"WUXGA+
    EVGA E762 4Way SLI Classified - 980X @ 6Ghz Ln² 6GB Dominator - MSI 5870 Lightning

WWW.MADSHRIMPS.BE - Being Mad Doesn't Hertz You

XS - Extra Strong
    Mad respects to everyone still in the game and the legends mentioned from OC'ing past. I have been watching and chasing your coat tails for 6+ years now and love seeing the never ending competition go to new levels. Its hard to deny that the 'scene' has changed, but despite whatever issues, change is good. When I first found this site I was excited about overclocking my p3 to 825mhz, now I have thoughts of 8 cores running at 5ghz on air dancing in my head, and a phone thats faster then my old p3. My only beef over the years has been that I eventually fry everything I touch...
    -Phenom2 x6 1055 @stock
    -8gb ddr3
    -Gigabyte UD3
    -Geforce 7900Gt 755/1863 1.562v vgpu
    -OCZ Powersupply 600w

¿
    Didn't catch much of Tom Holks benching but was always amazed by his cascades. JC was before my time but if you repect him hipro, it's a given he's more than worthy. OPP needs no reminder for me, he is and always will be one of the best.

NooB MOD
    Is uwackme still around? I learnt how to burn in RAM back in the day from him.
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Xtreme X.I.P.
    The friendly banter between JC Viggen and Digital Jesus about 3dmark scores and er, optimisations . I guess things don't change....

Regards
    Andy

Xtreme Legend
    one word

codered

legendary aussie before my time but boy was he ahead of his own time

catharanother amazingly skilled aussie
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Cruncher
    I remember a lot of those names from when I used to browse XS before I signed up. I used to think to myself one of these days I am going to try LN2 and get a phase change like those guys. Its a shame there still not here...

Team ID - Indonesia
    Respect to all of them !

I remember, OPP was a man who inspired me to do more extreme overclocking back in 2003..Macci and MickeyMouse also great guys and very helpfull...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    btw what happened to kinc? unless im mistaken he got the trifecta (01, 03 and 05) using 2x retail 7800gtx on ln2 and pretty much destroyed them with voltage in the process. and of course who could forget oppainter
    Last edited by RAMMAN; 10-04-2009 at 07:43 PM.
    Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650
    Gigabyte ep45-ud3lr
    Sapphire HD6970
    Team Xtreem 2*1gb 1300
    1TB Western Digital

I am Xtreme
    Man this thread was like a trip down memory lane... Good times.
    Phenom II 940 BE / ASUS M4A79 / HD5770 Crossfire
    3770mhz CPU 2600mhz NB | DDR1040 5-5-5-15 | 900/1250

Xtreme Addict
    i've only been lucky enough to read threads far after they were made from these Legends.

I doubt they realize the impact of their contributions, due to its sheer magnitude.

Thanks to everyone for having our hearts in the same place.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast