Thread: 3/8"ID-1/2"OD compression fitting for T3?

Xtreme Member

3/8"ID-1/2"OD compression fitting for T3?

Are there any compression fittings 3/8"ID-1/2"OD that will fit the back of the typhoon3 reservoir without leaking?
    Thanks.

Xtreme Guru
    You replace the o-ring on a BP comp fitting with a #9 o-ring and its suppose to be fine. There are a few guys here that posted on doing that and haven't had a leak.
    Project Millertime: The Core I5 build

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    Or you can do what I did, and if you can't find any of these "#9 O-rings", which appears to be a USA standard, you can instead double-up on O-rings and use both those that came with the Ghost compressions and the original BP O-rings. This blocks up enough so that you can get a good seal without the fitting base grounding out.
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism

Chasing After Diety
    or cant u just use the ghost compressions orings itself since they should be #9 and not double up on them?
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by NaeKuh View Post
    or cant u just use the ghost compressions orings itself since they should be #9?
    IIRC, someone said they weren't. They seem smaller than a Swiftech o-ring.
    Project Millertime: The Core I5 build

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

the t3 has a rather deep "captivation well" for the oring, and the included barbs push into the "well" so they normally arent any bigger than other o-rings. most fittings need a slightly bigger o-ring to help fill the gap the fitting was designed to fill. atleast thats what it looks like. why else would the stock fittings inclue a washer to use with normal things?