Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bloodrage G29 bios

Xtreme Mentor
    You could always try it from DOS following Benchzowner's guide in the stickies.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Can anyone tell me if they fixed the memory timing issue? That would be my only reason to update.
    FOXCONN BLOODRAGE
    CoreI7 920
    Corsair 6gb DDR3 1600 Dominator
    Diamond 4870X2 Koolance waterblock
    PC Power and Cooling 860w
    2x VelociRaptor (raid 0)
    2x WD160 (raid 0)
    CoolerMaster Watercooling
    Vista64 ultimate SP1
    ASUS VW246H Black 24" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen
    Killer NIC

Xtreme X.I.P.
    you mean tras? no it still hovers around and 11 ends up being 12 or 13 etc, but every couple of steps it stays whatever you set it to...

Does it still change itself to a different value when you enter the bios?
    FOXCONN BLOODRAGE
    CoreI7 920
    Corsair 6gb DDR3 1600 Dominator
    Diamond 4870X2 Koolance waterblock
    PC Power and Cooling 860w
    2x VelociRaptor (raid 0)
    2x WD160 (raid 0)
    CoolerMaster Watercooling
    Vista64 ultimate SP1
    ASUS VW246H Black 24" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen
    Killer NIC

Xtreme Addict
    Does it work? At least..
    i7 930 D0 - 4,2 GHz + Megashadow
    3x4GB Crucial 1600MHz CL8
    Foxconn Bloodrage rev. 1.1 - P09
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    SeaGate ES.2 1TB + 1TB External SeaGate
    Corsair HX 850W (its GOLD man!)
    ASUS STX + Sennheiser HD 555 (tape mod)

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

Xtreme Member
    You guy's do know there is a new beta version of this bios on the Quantum Force website dont you ?

Just when I start to hear a load of people ing that QF has given up on Bloodrage users, they come out with something new.

Personally I think they are rushing these bioses, hence there failiure on some systems due to people pushing and pushing to much.

Here's a link to the file anyway, but like with G29, I wont be flashing with this one either.

http://www.quantum-force.net/pub/Dow...01-8A1F1G30.7z

Version:8A1F1G30.BIN
    Updated: 10/ 02/ 09
    Description: The Beta version BIOS update.
    *BUGS FIXED AND CHANGES:
    1.Fixed hang BIOS POST code 0A1h issue.
    date:2009/10/27
    Intel Core i7 920 2.66ghz @ 4.3ghz HT Enabled, core @ 1.34v, VTT @ 1.28v, NB @ 1.30v (212 x 21) Batch No: 3910A369
    6gb (3x2gb) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 17000C9 2133MHz @ 1640mhz 8-8-8-24-1T
    Gigabyte G1.Sniper Rev 1.0 @ 205fsb Beta Bios
    1 x OCZ Agility 3 120gb SSD, AHCI
    1 x Western Digital 500gb SATAIII 16mb Cache HDD, AHCI
    Sony DVD +/- R/RW/RAM x22 Dual Layer, AHCI
    2 x Saphire ATI Radeon R9 270 2gb (Crossfire)
    Gigabyte Odin 850w Modular PSU (Software Controlled)
    EK Supreme HF Copper LGA1366, Laing D5 Pump, 2 x 240mm Radiator & 120mm Radiator
    Cooler Master HAF XB LAN Box
    Windows Se7en Pro x64 bit

Xtreme Mentor
    Sweet. Thanks for the link.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Junk..... A1 post code after you enter BIOS and save any settings. Do the BIOS engineers test these before they post them to the web? This is two updates in a row that are causing problems.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MV-G
    3770K 5.00
    7970 1200/1700
    GSkill 2400
    Seasonic Platinum 1000
    Silverstone TJ08-E
    - Koolance AC-370 - Swiftech MCP-35X - Phobya Xtreme 200mm Rad - Koolance VID-AR797 -
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USA National Debt

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bei Fei View Post
    Junk..... A1 post code after you enter BIOS and save any settings. Do the BIOS engineers test these before they post them to the web? This is two updates in a row that are causing problems.
    haha isnt that exactly the error the new bios is supposed to fix? ^^

Xtreme Addict
    So we have G30 now? Ok, I´ll wait XX + 3 versions untill I try flash.. or maybe P10?
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

Xtreme X.I.P.
    why wait? just give it a try... thats the benefit of having 2 bios chips

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    haha isnt that exactly the error the new bios is supposed to fix? ^^

Yes....

I think it went "quick rename to G30 and make a comment in the change log Post to web!"

No really I will do a hex compare and see what changes between G30 and the G29.

MV-G
    3770K 5.00
    7970 1200/1700
    GSkill 2400
    Seasonic Platinum 1000
    Silverstone TJ08-E
    - Koolance AC-370 - Swiftech MCP-35X - Phobya Xtreme 200mm Rad - Koolance VID-AR797 -

USA National Debt

I have a Bloodrage GTi.

Is it ok to flash to a Bloodrage bios or does it have to be specifically a GTi bios?
    * Foxconn Bloodrage GTi *
    * Intel i7 920 DO @ 4.2Ghz*
    * Custom 120.2 Watercooled *
    * Patriot Viper II 6GB *
    * ATI XFX 5970 BE *
    * Lian Li PC-A71B *
    * Corsair HX 850W *
    * OCZ Vertex 120GB *

Xtreme X.I.P.
    both will work afaik...

your kidding me ...right?

I can not believe this.

As a Foxconn customer I am supposed to "greatful" for a working product?

I am supposed to "beg" "borrow" and "steal" to get a working "performance" PC?

Hmmm...and this comming from a/the "premire" board manufacturer on the planet? (Foxconn builds many of Asus' products as well, and Asus, oddly enough, treats their customers the same way- must be a Japaneese thing I guess)

When will you kids/adults figure it out, you know what a crash test dummie is don't ya? Well, they are the "dummies" (including myself) that buy this stuff so companies can market this and that product to garner false sales projections, based upon unreal-world- lab only - PC tweekers wet dreams, this, to entitle Foxconn (and others) to even more ......unexceptional B.S <> products, that work ~ sometimes ~ as advertised....however, only in their labs ~sometimes~.

Good one Foxconn, funny how Soyo and a few others years back tried this same crap, and, well ...opps. They make no money any more.

You have gotten my last dollar, over a year and only one...maybe two half ass bios'.

Yep, come to my shop tell me you work for Foxconn and I will treat you the same way your company has treated some here in, I will only fix half your car, and then charge you full price, and smile while I am doing it. And when you call my support number or email my 1800eatsucker hot line, I will simply have someone from a non-english speaking country.... try ...to help you.... go even more insane.

After all one must save face and retain one's honor when screwing over the end user, just simply smile, bow, and say thank you very much. to Foxconn.
    Last edited by dragonz1r; 11-17-2009 at 05:07 PM.
    Core i7 W3570 @ 4.86Ghz (on air)
    Foxconn Blood Rage
    6Gb Gskill Perfect Storm @ 1666 Mhz
    Twin 580 GTX in Sli mode (if ever the BIOS is fixed correctly)
    Samsung 37" LCD
    Twin 1 T/B WD Black in raid- striped, Single WD As a B/U.
    Antec 1200 watt PSU
    Antec 900 series case
    Sony BD Player
    LG BD/DVD burner
    Logitech Bluetooth M/KB
    Cambridge THX Gigaworks 7.1 Sound

Xtreme Addict
    dragonz1r

Aehm.. unless few ppl, our BR boards are running pretty much fine.. personaly I have nothing to complain. Well, except Sayaa no longer being part of QF and QF vanishing in air.. but mobos comes/mobos goes..

Btw. I think noone from Foxconn read this. So, don´t bother with this, its pretty much waste of time. Just calm down and buy another mobo, if you want?
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD

whats it mean when this new g29 has a mod to bios for the gtx 295??

Mes.... update your audio drivers (the latest) and see what happens......

The audio is a very frustrating problem to me, no sound and my H/T is pretty much useless.

update the intel chip set drivers (the latest) and see what happens.......

run in sli mode on a 37 inch monitor (1080P) and see what happens......

sli must be enabled at the BIOS level - it is glitchy to say the least

I run twin 285's which works great most times, but then once in a while the bios, well it simply just wont load, I have tried 4 different versions and it is the same. Shut the PC off, reboot and all is good. This from a cold boot most times. It is obviously a BIOS issue concerning the suspend and power mode options with in the BIOS switch settings, One I can not seem to get around, other end users have also had this problem. And no, the PSU is not a concern as I have tried three 1000+ watt models and these change nothing concerning the above.

This M/B is VERY picky about memory, and the settings concerning such, lest I mention that much of these settings are not to industry standards concerning initial voltage implementation.

For the price paid for this M/B it should function as promised- it does not do such, esp. the audio- but then it is a Creative product, which I have never been fully satisfied with their methods.

Either way, support of any given product at this price point should be exceptional if said company wants to make a good name for itself, but then I see what happened to Saaya and his fellow co-workers and I understand the type of company I am dealing with.

I think I will sell this board, and go to EVGA.

Thank you for reading my rant.

I wish you luck.
    Foxconn Blood Rage
    Samsung 37" LCD
    Antec 1200 watt PSU
    Antec 900 series case
    Sony BD Player
    LG BD/DVD burner
    Logitech Bluetooth M/KB

Xtreme X.I.P.
    foxconn and asus are both taiwanese companies, not japanese fyi... and yes, customer support and service is way below what youd expect in the western world.
    your problem sounds like a psu issue, get a single rail 12v psu, those tend to work good on br... and surprisingly high wattage psus work worse than lower wattage psus for some reason... br is very picky about psus and memory, yepp...

Xtreme Addict
    Yeah noticed that memory part pretty fast. I´m happy with my D9KPT based now.. very happy.

Audio worked, but I´m demanding person.. so something like Realtek chip with Creative SW really isn´t for me. It sux even when it works.. (it worked fine on Vista SP2).

Intel chipset drivers? Works fine..

SLi/Crossfire fine..

Maybe I´m lucky but except cold boot problems.. I never had any with my BR? Actually I´m pretty happy with my mobo.. (ok I love it.. I´m not objective).
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD

True Saaya, but subsidiaries of parent Japaneese companies....so....?

Mes, I am running nearly 400Mhz faster then you (memory) - try running the M/B to it's fully advertised potential, it gets WAY picky (and very "glitchy" with lesser mem. modules), trust me.

As for PSU - tried three different ones, and due to running twin 285's I must run enough power to ensure video card requirements- which is substantial. I wrote voltage requirements and power stability, concerning this M/B in this fourm some time ago.

I am very disapointed with the audio drivers and it's related programing, I think I will toss the old out and go to an MAudio card.

Lest I mention that the ageis panel has never worked correctly since day one, which I find odd.

Voltage readings never seem to match actual mesurements from the bios (using my fluke meter), defaulting voltages for memory are way above standard, which can be fixed, but I do not understand why they were not correct from the onset? This in turn leads me to believe that this issue is in part, if not entirely, why this board has such odd issues with memory and various voltage abnomilies all over in the bios, perhaps I am wrong.

Granted, I did finally find very good memory that works quite well, however, one would think that the engineers would have known what they were designing from day one and implemented thus in a correct manner, but apparently not.

No offence to anyone, but that in turn leads me to have little faith in said company and their products- considering this is their "top of the line". Voltage stability is the key to ANY good performance PC, and this was one of the main selling points of this M/B from the onset, but this board, with all it's fancy implementations, lacks what was advertised, hence my complaints.

Either way, thanks for responding.
    Last edited by dragonz1r; 11-22-2009 at 01:34 PM.
    Foxconn Blood Rage
    Samsung 37" LCD
    Antec 1200 watt PSU
    Antec 900 series case
    Sony BD Player
    LG BD/DVD burner
    Logitech Bluetooth M/KB

Xtreme Addict
    I tried running my mem on 2100.. worked. But it needs more voltage than I would like to use for 24/7. Plus as I have C0, VTT needs serious voltage boost, not mobo fault, simply C0..

Not sure what PSUs you tried, but I stick to few brands that works usually on everything.

Aegis panel worked since day one for me.. works even now, tough some ppl have issues runing it on Win 7. Not me.

Voltage readings.. hm.. I don´t know.. I´ll try them when I buy some decent multi-meter. But I don´t think they are much off, my components are still fine.
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD

Hi Mes,

Please realize I am running at nearly default voltages, and 400Mhz faster then you, with the correct voltage/ampreage stabilties designed into the board this is not an issue, note, voltage/ampreage stabilty being the key value here. Which this board does well, However- it's with in the BIOS the problem resides.

It's like having a car that can go 200 mph, yet this same car has tire balance problems or over heating issues at said speed- on paper 200 mph looks easy, but actual implemtation is another story due to the "issues" I mentioned- same with this board.

Granted a HQ PSU should be used (which I am using). However, it holds no bearing on the M/B related issues I have previously described, simply because they are M/B issues, not PSU issues- there fore, I can do nothing to correct these issues because they are "built" into the board itself.

Design flaws, simple as that.
    Foxconn Blood Rage
    Samsung 37" LCD
    Antec 1200 watt PSU
    Antec 900 series case
    Sony BD Player
    LG BD/DVD burner
    Logitech Bluetooth M/KB

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123