Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Project:PURE

Project:PURE "FINISHED"

I've posted this project in a couple of other places and thought i'd post it here aswell for your parousal,the build consists of a Lian Li G70,powder coated white outside,black inside with the roof cut out to house a PA120.3 and the floor cut out to house a PA120.2,window cut out and a few cable management holes.The hardware going inside will be:

Asus P6T Deluxe
    Core i7 920
    6Gb DDR3 Corsair Dominator 1600MHz
    GTX 280
    Antec Quattro 1000W PSU
    1TB Samsung Spinpoint F1
    500Gb Samsung Spinpoint F1

Cooling:

PA120.3
    PA120.2
    DDC-1T Pro/XSPC Top
    DDC-1T Ultra/XSPC Top
    2 x Bitspower 5.25 White bay res's
    XSPC Delta V3 CPU Block
    MIPS Mosfet and dual N/B-S/B Block
    Danger Den White UV 3/8"IDx5/8"OD Hose
    White Enermax Cluster Fans

Anyway here's the case

Cutouts for the PA120.2 and cable management holes

PA120.3 tapped for M4 bolts and test fitted

Fans and PA fixed to case top

Top fitted back on case

Fitted the fans and fittings to the PA going in the bottom

Rad and fans fitted

Here's the res's i'm using

Got the tops on the pumps,braided and fitted

And the Res's

I'll update this over the next couple of days untill I get up to where i'm at now.
    Last edited by subset7; 10-26-2009 at 11:40 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    wow this build looks promising, i like the colour scheme, i think it will look very neat indeed!! its nice to see another Lian Li case modded!!

your equipment is good, especially the spinpoints! im running two 1TB HDD's they work like a freaking dream!!

cant wait to see this build progress and grow!

best of luck man keep up the great work!
    Quote Originally Posted by kinghong1970 View Post
    yea.. i need help... seriously......last time i went to the bathroom, it seems that the male has the pecker that pokes the female, right?

i'm confused...

Quote Originally Posted by lennox View Post
    holy cow do you really run 1/2" tubing without clamps? that's like banging a prostitute without a condom!
    Lian Li V2000B Special Water cut: DFI LanParty X48 LT T2R : Q6600 @3.21 ghtz : 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 32mb cache 1tb HDD's : HD 4870x2 : 4GB domminator : Swiftech GTZ block : PA120.3 : DCC 18w res top : DCC 18w res top : EK FC 4870x2 :

Current Project:
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=214295

Xtreme Member

Exceptional! This is the exact powder coating I'm having done, even the same fans, for my MM Ascension... I'm very happy to see this color combo before I get my case... It was a bit nervous about the colors but now I'm sure. Well done.
    Last edited by xaxis; 06-03-2009 at 11:25 AM.
    Agenda: I have 0 projects prioritized for the year, 0 in progress this month, 0 this week, and 0 as of this moment.

Current primary function: traveling.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Wow nice work so far.
    ~ Little Slice of Heaven ~
    Lian Li PC-A05NB w/ Gentle Typhoons
    Core i7 860 @ 3gHz w/ Thor's Hammer
    eVGA P55 SLI
    8GB RAM
    Gigabyte 7970
    Corsair HX850
    OZC Vertex3 SSD 240GB

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xtreme Member
    Nice, I wondered how would case black inside and white/silver outside look like last time. Waiting for more photos
    Q6600 P5K-E 8800GT G.Skill HZ 2x1GB Barracuda 7200.10 Corsair 520HX TT Tsunami

Quote Originally Posted by exemay View Post
    wow this build looks promising, i like the colour scheme, i think it will look very neat indeed!! its nice to see another Lian Li case modded!!

your equipment is good, especially the spinpoints! im running two 1TB HDD's they work like a freaking dream!!

cant wait to see this build progress and grow!

best of luck man keep up the great work!
    Thanks,i've got a Spinpoint in my present rig and thought i'd use them in this aswell

Quote Originally Posted by xaxis View Post

Exceptional! This is the exact powder coating I'm having done, even the same fans, for my MM Ascension... I'm very happy to see this color combo before I get my case... It was a bit nervous about the colors but now I'm sure. Well done.
    Thanks,glad it helps

Quote Originally Posted by HuffPCair View Post
    Wow nice work so far.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Oskaliber View Post
    Nice, I wondered how would case black inside and white/silver outside look like last time. Waiting for more photos
    Oh there'll be plenty of them

I thought i'd make a dust filter for the PA120.3 out of 2mm aluminium,here it is test fitted

Sprayed up and mesh fitted

Fitted to the rad

I got the mobo blocks fitted aswell,here's the board with stock cooling

Heatpipes off

The blocks i'm using,XSPC Delta V3

MIPS mobo blocks

The blocks fitted

Next update tomorrow with the tubing fitted for the first loop.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by subset7 View Post
    Thanks,i've got a Spinpoint in my present rig and thought i'd use them in this aswell
    u certianly wont regret it...im ordering a third 1tb spinpoint sometime in the next week!!

they are faster than raptors

love them!!

you computer is coming along fast....another on your motherboard, my brother is using the same 1....though he only has the NB block installed, he has his i7 running very fast indeed and he loves it!

Thoes radiator mesh's look very interesting indeed! i just wonder how quick they will fill up with dust though?? would be nice to see how they fair up after a few months!

Hope you build reamins flowing smoothly!!

best of luck with it
    yea.. i need help... seriously......last time i went to the bathroom, it seems that the male has the pecker that pokes the female, right?

i'm confused...

holy cow do you really run 1/2" tubing without clamps? that's like banging a prostitute without a condom!
    Lian Li V2000B Special Water cut: DFI LanParty X48 LT T2R : Q6600 @3.21 ghtz : 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 32mb cache 1tb HDD's : HD 4870x2 : 4GB domminator : Swiftech GTZ block : PA120.3 : DCC 18w res top : DCC 18w res top : EK FC 4870x2 :

Current Project:

Thanks exemay,I usually clean my filters out every couple of weeks anyway so i'll see how dusty they get

Here's some pics of the first loop tubed up

Fitted in the case and filled

I'm off to Portugal tomorrow but will post pics of the second loop when I get back next week

Xtreme Enthusiast
    wow that tubing is really really nice! what make is it??

just 1 little question....i see you have your loop feeding into the NB/SB block, then to the two mosfets and then to the CPU?? any reason for this? i was under the impression that you should always go to the CPU first so that your not delivering hot/warm water to the CPU...

anywho its looking very nice indeed!! i love the colours in this build, keep up the neatness!!

i'm confused...

Current Project:

Xtreme Enthusiast
    wow this build is awesome. I really like your progress.
    Lian Dream: i7 2600k @ 4.7Ghz, Asus Maximus IV Gene-z, MSI N680GTX Twin Frozr III, 8GB 2x4GB Mushkin Ridgeback, Crucial M4 128GB x2, Plextor PX-755SA, Seasonic 750 X, Lian-li
    HTPC: E5300@3.8, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, Gigabyte 5750 Silentcell, Mushkin 2GBx2, 2x 500gb Maxtor Raid 1, 300gb Seagate, 74gb Raptor, Seasonic G series 550 Gold, Silverstone LC16m

Laptop: XPS15z Crucial M4
    Nikon D700 ~ Nikkor 17-35 F2.8 ~ Nikkor 50mm F1.8
    Lian Dream Work Log
    my smugmug
    Heatware

Xtreme Addict
    Tubing looks like XSPC 3/8" 5/8" Glossy White, Ive got it in my rig too its awesome.

Xtreme Member
    Very clean. White tubing is one of the best looking tubing out there I think.

Great use of space and I love the white/black theme. Those Enermax fans are beautiful! Very clean, me likey!

Thanks for the comments everyone
    @ exemay,the tubing is This,as for the loop order the second or two that the water will take to pass from N/B to CPU it'll only be about 1 degree differance in a single pass,so i'm not really worried about it

I got the second loop done,here's the card,I got this one because of the black back plate

Fitted and tubed up

Ive got an update on the DVD Drive but i'll post that tomorrow.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    man that white tubing looks so clean!! i want!! hehe

looking very good still, i love the attention to detail in this build.....BTW what camera do u use??

keep the awesome updates coming! i wanna see this finished

good work

i'm confused...

Current Project:

Thanks exemay,much appreciated,the camera is a Fuji FinePix S5800,not a very good one but meh...

This is what I done to the Drive

Stripped down and primed

Sprayed satin black and reassembled

That's all i've got for now untill I do the braiding.

Here's a couple of pics of the PSU before braiding

In keeping with the black and white theme

24 pin plug removed

Murder Mod psycho pack braid

Got to love the personal touch

I'll post pics of the 24 pin braided over the weekend.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    looking pretty nice....i wanna sleeve up my system, but the coloured cable braiding hasnt come to the uk yet which is what im waiting for...well have been waiting for since early may oh well!

cant wait to see the whole system braided up ands looking nice and neat! keep up the good work,!!!

i'm confused...

Current Project:

Xtreme Member
    I didn't get any drawings on my sleeving pack

hehe

Looking great mate, that white theme is looking realy unique!

Banned
    Good luck to your hands for the 24 pin sleeving.

Xtreme Guru
    Too bad your couldn't get the white sleeving kit. That would have looked so cool. Great looking build. I really do like a good black and white build. The look so clean when done right.
    Project Millertime: The Core I5 build

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

I did consider the white sleeving but thought in might be a bit overkill with the white tubing and the outside
    @ exemay what colour sleeving are you looking for?

Xtreme Member
    Maybe the black sleeving with a couple of wires sleeved in white would have looked awesome.
    One way or another, this build is a very beautiful one, love the attention to detail you have.
    Keep it up

Xtreme Guru
    That could be an idea, sleeve the Sata cables white, or to go with the board theme, red Sata cables.
    Project Millertime: The Core I5 build

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by subset7 View Post
    I did consider the white sleeving but thought in might be a bit overkill with the white tubing and the outside
    @ exemay what colour sleeving are you looking for?

Im looking for blue...

http://www.mdpc-x.com/MDPC-Sleeve/Sl...Aquamarine.htm

i emailed nils ages back, in may he keeps telling me that he was gunna put it up next week, then the week after and so on and so fourth, then he promised me it would be back up last week, but to no avail, ive given up tyring to get any murdmermod sleeving, so im gunna look for some other stuff

PS i also think that if u do like 2 or 3 white accenting braiding it would look SUPERB! cant wait to see the stuff sleeved up and in ur case! best of luck

exe

i'm confused...

Current Project:

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast