Thread: 5870, blue pcb, closed heatsink? manufactured by anyone?

Xtreme Enthusiast

5870, blue pcb, closed heatsink? manufactured by anyone?

Sapphire makes all blue pcbs but I still don't understand why they make heatsinks that pump hot air right onto your RAM. Are there blue pcbs with normal cooling?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Machinus View Post
    Sapphire makes all blue pcbs but I still don't understand why they make heatsinks that pump hot air right onto your RAM. Are there blue pcbs with normal cooling?
    what? are you talking about vapor x?
    Phenon II x4 955 (3.7ghz)/athlon II x2 245 (3.7ghz), Mugen 2 , gigabyte 790xt ud4p, 5770 1000/1420 , 4GB ddr3

http://superclock.mysmf.com 5770 1ghz bench

evga failed

Quote Originally Posted by Vit^pr0n View Post
    Can we just ban this guy? We don't need people coming in here claiming they know someone that's under NDA. Everything that comes out of this posters posts are nothing but delusions from a fanboy.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    vapor X has open heatsinks. i would like a closed one for my case, but i dont know any other blue pcb radeons...

why not paint the back plate, the pcb is black so if u had the normal black card then got a nice blue for the backplate it would look nice
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Member
    vapor X has open heatsinks. i would like a closed one for my case, but i dont know any other blue pcb radeons...
    Is your case realy that awful, that a vcard would cause your system to overheat and reboot?
    Phenon II x4 955 (3.7ghz)/athlon II x2 245 (3.7ghz), Mugen 2 , gigabyte 790xt ud4p, 5770 1000/1420 , 4GB ddr3

evga failed

Can we just ban this guy? We don't need people coming in here claiming they know someone that's under NDA. Everything that comes out of this posters posts are nothing but delusions from a fanboy.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by skugpezz View Post
    Is your case realy that awful, that a vcard would cause your system to overheat and reboot?
    the whole point of airflow design is to pump hot air out of your case. im sure my machine would run fine but it would be a little hotter, and it really is annoying that sapphire is the only manufacturer that makes super high-end cards with these terrible heatsink designs, since their cards are really good

Xtreme Member
    the whole point of airflow design is to pump hot air out of your case. im sure my machine would run fine but it would be a little hotter, and it really is annoying that sapphire is the only manufacturer that makes super high-end cards with these terrible heatsink designs, since their cards are really good
    WOW, what is terrible about vapor X? it is the best cooler out there.

evga failed

that kind of sink is good for the gpu, its the best kind for the gpu (not that one but that style) its got the most air and its the quietest. the drawback is that it will heat up the surrounding air and depending on your case its not always bad.

what about painting the backplate
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Cruncher
    In my case a Vapor X will dump more air in my Case though I have a coolmaster Full tower.
    Two 120mm Fans pushing air out the back.