Thread: Bloodrage Odd Vcore issue

Bloodrage Odd Vcore issue

Ok hello, i got sent here from overclock.net

I know how to OC and all that crap. But when i got this bloodrage board it has some odd little issues.

First off i know my i7 batch isnt the best 3910A D0, but the motherboard itself has a little issue so i was hoping the foxconn rep here could help.

Ok this board when ever i set the vcore reads it .29 higher than what i set it to. Ive turned all the cpu settings on and off trying to fix it. I turned vdroop on and off neither solved it. In the syestem health in the BIOS it reads it with the .29 added.

Chip problem? motherboard problem?

Could this effect the rest of the board and its potenetial to OC.

Im at 3.6 GHz stable right now

Thank you!

Xtreme X.I.P.
    for me it says my default vcore is 0.95v but actual vcore is 1.25v so .3v higher
    its a bug... dont know if everybody has it, but yes, vcore is detected wrong... i think P09 is supposed to fix that?

Xtreme Addict
    My vCore reading in CPU-Z is exactly as it should be. Using P09.

Funny thing this..

"... a little issue so i was hoping the foxconn rep here could help." - And Saaya answers first..

Btw. that wrong reading happens only with some CPU´s.. its probably more Intel fault than Foxconn.. but I´m not 100% sure..
    i7 930 D0 - 4,2 GHz + Megashadow
    3x4GB Crucial 1600MHz CL8
    Foxconn Bloodrage rev. 1.1 - P09
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    SeaGate ES.2 1TB + 1TB External SeaGate
    Corsair HX 850W (its GOLD man!)
    ASUS STX + Sennheiser HD 555 (tape mod)

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

Xtreme Member
    Let us know what BIOS's you've tried and whether it's consistent across them all?

P09 is the latest BIOS and I'd definitely suggest trying and using that.

CPU-Z says my BIOS is Pheonix 6.00 PG. Which im guessing isnt P09

Hmm well i hope updating this boards BIOS will be easier than my UD3P wow that thing would take hours to flash

Xtreme X.I.P.
    hahah, no, thats the bios type
    the bios version should be under system info, the menu on the top right, below the quantum menu

hours to flash the bios? how?
    you can flash the bios with the foxconn windows tool and it only takes 1 minute...
    fox live is the name of it i think

Quote Originally Posted by Mescalamba View Post
    "... a little issue so i was hoping the foxconn rep here could help." - And Saaya answers first..
    well... i know carl is busy, so not replying would be mean :P

oh and no, its a foxconn issue, not intel... i havent seen vcore read wrong on any other board... it only happens on BR and only with some cpus... everybody else managed to get the vcore table right, no idea why its so dificult for foxconns bios engineers

Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    hahah, no, thats the bios type
    the bios version should be under system info, the menu on the top right, below the quantum menu

hours to flash the bios? how?
    you can flash the bios with the foxconn windows tool and it only takes 1 minute...
    fox live is the name of it i think

well... i know carl is busy, so not replying would be mean :P

oh and no, its a foxconn issue, not intel... i havent seen vcore read wrong on any other board... it only happens on BR and only with some cpus... everybody else managed to get the vcore table right, no idea why its so dificult for foxconns bios engineers
    I will have to check tomorrow, i just hate turning my PC off, sometimes the board feels like booting into OC safe mode constantly, no matter if Im stable for a month straight if i reboot it gets pissy.

And the UD3P i have no clue i think the NB was faulty, it would not OC at all after being stable at 4.2 GHz forever, then the RAID arrays kept spitting errors. And anytime i tried to flash the BIOS it would freeze, yet not brick the board lol. Oh well i got approved for a 2nd RMA chance on it so thats where im at with that board lol

Would this vcore issue have any effect on my OC? because 3.6 GHz on a i7 is not what i bought it for lol

Xtreme X.I.P.
    huh, no... it just reads vcore wrong in the voltage menu, everything else should be fine...
    i didnt notice any problems...

and im stable at 4.2 with HT enabled and ~1.3v iirc...

P09 fixed the Vcore reading with my Xeon.

But who realy cares about ??
    Before the reading was the idle Vcore @ 0,944V wich i have also in CPU-Z @ 12x multi.

From time to time it had some Bootproblems like you or posting with wrong Ram speed.
    Didn t have it on P09 up to now

Same like ´saaya with stock V @ 1,244 about 4,1 up to 4,6 @ 1,44V / VTT +200mV i can Bench, Prime ect.
    max 4,7 not much more possible without Hardmod.

With 1.35V i come to 4,4 anything more gets to hot and the Powerconsumtion raises dramaticly.
    With my GTX 280 @ 1,25V and 1,44 @ 4,6 it takes 510W

Xtreme X.I.P.
    510W... how much is it drawing at 2.66 for reference?

ok got it updated to PO9 finally didnt fix the vcore issue and now its not stable at the previous clocks. Any ideas?

would this fall under RMA category?

Xtreme Addict
    I wouldn´t bother RMAing as long as it doesn´t have any really bad effect.. Ergo, if it works, let it be.. But suit yourself.
    i7 930 D0 - 4,2 GHz + Megashadow
    3x4GB Crucial 1600MHz CL8
    Foxconn Bloodrage rev. 1.1 - P09
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    SeaGate ES.2 1TB + 1TB External SeaGate
    Corsair HX 850W (its GOLD man!)
    ASUS STX + Sennheiser HD 555 (tape mod)

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdla4ever View Post
    ok got it updated to PO9 finally didnt fix the vcore issue and now its not stable at the previous clocks. Any ideas?

would this fall under RMA category?
    NO?

just flash it back to the previous bios and use everest or another tool to read vcore... whats the big deal about cpuz vcore readings to begin with?

it makes OCn a pain since it doesnt stay at a certain thing. but i got stable at 3.72 GHz.