Thread: Which dream PC to buy??

Exclamation Which dream PC to buy??

Hello all,
    I've wanted to buy a new PC for some time now. After talking to some friends who have a good knowledge about computers, I have made a list of PC parts which I should buy. First I wanted to build a PC on my own, simply because I couldn't find a payable PC which contained the parts, but then I came across the following 2 PC's which I really liked (see link below).
    I want to use PC for video editing and rendering, working in 3D programs, like Solid Works and 3D Max and playing the latest games on a 17'' TFT screen, so the max. resolution won't be that big.
    So my questions are: 1) are these PC's worth the money they ask for it? 2) which of 2 PC's would you choose and WHY?
    Thanks in advance!

PC1: PC1
    PC2: PC2

Scroll down to see more info.
    Last edited by slavikpro; 09-21-2009 at 06:57 AM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    For that price you can get more if you do it yourself. And you can avoid ending up with a stock Intel cooler and non-overclocked 4890.

I have been searching for the cheapest parts which are included in these PC's on internet and after I sum everything up and make an approximation I come to a price which is around 1000 euro, where do you buy your parts from? )
    And why can't I simply replace the stock cooler (it's the cooler you get with the PC, right?) if it's so bad and get the graphical card overclocked?

Xtreme Member
    I would avoid pre-build PC's at all costs.. you will get more satisfaction building your own rig, and you will have the advantage of being able to choose each component yourself.

Although those 2 systems look decent enough, I wouldn't be to sure about the PSU, I have never heard of those before personally, and when I googled it, all I got was a bunch of links to that site..

And about your qusetiong about replacing the stock cooler, I would imagine if you did this with a pre built PC, it would automatically void your warranty, I don't know this for sure, but I would suspect that this would be the case.

Like I said, just build yourself mate.

::edit::

Wouldn't gaming with a 4890 on a 17" monitor be overkill???
    Core i7 D0
    Asus Rampage II Extreme
    6GB Corsair Dominator GT 1866MHz
    SLi'd GTX280s
    Corsair HX850
    Custom Silverstone TJ07
    Custom Watercooling
    Logitech G15 Keyboard
    Logitech G500
    Roccat Kave 5.1

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by slavikpro View Post
    I have been searching for the cheapest parts which are included in these PC's on internet and after I sum everything up and make an approximation I come to a price which is around 1000 euro, where do you buy your parts from? )
    The point is, that you can make something better for €900 if you go with other components. i7 860, Gigabyte UD3R and 4GB PC12800 should cost no more than € 450. That leaves HALF your budget to burn on the rest like a better videocard etc. But still, I only reach a total of €883 going with the components you listed. And that is using a good PSU. Damn link. Copy paste url.

Code:
    http://azerty.nl/winkelmandje/winkelmandje/?legen=1&product%5B194111%5D=1&product%5B194661%5D=1&product%5B68467%5D=1&product%5B35626%5D=1&product%5B230939%5D=1&product%5B232735%5D=1&product%5B97107%5D=1
    Fugly case but I'm assuming you dont care about that looking at that Ankermann thing, and that you want a window. Forgot optical drive btw. Still far from €1.000,-
    Last edited by v0dka; 09-21-2009 at 07:57 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Don't. Those cost way more than they're worth. By building it yourself (alot easier than it sounds), you'll save at least half the price and you'll get exactly what you want.

I am Xtreme
    probably ty PSU and case ventilation in them preassembled rigs... building it yaself might be more expensive but at least you know what you get...

Smile

WOw, thanks a lot guys, you've opened my eyes . I will certainly build a PC myself now.
    And you are right about the warranty, BLunTSmoKeR, prebuild computers are not allowed to be messed with. The problem about the size of the monitor is that I don't have enough space to sit further away from PC than like 0.5 meter. So with a bigger monitor I won't have a full overview of the picture and it might cause my eyes to get tired as well.