Thread: problem with my PHENOM 2 X3 720

problem with my PHENOM 2 X3 720

Whats up guys, i got a problem with my new motherboard and processor this is my system:

ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO
    AMD PHENOM 2 X3 720 2.8ghz
    OCZ PC3 12800 DDR3 1600 C.A.S 7-7-7-20
    O.S VISTA ULTIMATE 32BITS

well when i bought my mobo It brought a problem, the audio didnt works fine so i decided to flash my motherboard BIOS throught the asus Ez FLash.
    well i did fix the problem but i got other one, the processor isnt working properly, when i execute cpu-z its show me that the core speed is 800mhz with multiplier of 4x and and bus speed 200mhz, the HT link i think is fine its in 2000 mhz, if i try to set manually these values in the BIOS the system shows me the same settings.. . i dont know what to do i expect you gonna help me thank you very much, there is some cpu-z screenshots:

Xtreme Member
    have u tried disabling c1e/cnq in bios?
    1090T | CH4F | HIS HD5850 | TT EvoBlue 750W | TT Spedo Advance | CM Aquagate Max | Samsung S27A350

Xtreme Enthusiast
    This is because cnq is enabled...so go to bios and disable it if you want. But I would suggest u use it, it reduces power consumption and also keeps your temperatures low.

hi guys, both options c1e and the cnq are disabled, :S, i have to tell you something, when i updated the BIOS to the 0405 version the southbridge changed to SB750 version then the amd chipset now is AMD785GX, i think this is the real problem, because the original SB of my motherboard is SB710 with AMD chipset AMD785G, what do you think about it? thanks.

Xtreme Member
    weird.. but it may still be cnq in action. can you post a shot of cpuz with all cores under 100% load to clarify this?
    1090T | CH4F | HIS HD5850 | TT EvoBlue 750W | TT Spedo Advance | CM Aquagate Max | Samsung S27A350

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Get Prime95. Run it under torture tests. Check your cpu-z again, while the test is running. That latest bios is probably a little buggy. I'll live with it if I were you as it fixes the audio problem, you don't really need to disable CnQ unless you're doing NB overclocking (I don't have a high end mobo, but can they adjust the multipliers of the P-states in bios?)

sup guys!!! i have good news , i did solve the problem, i forgot to unisntal the CnQ software, but i think that is better if i turn on it again i need to save energy!, thanks to all.

Banned
    they should sticky this thread, every other week you get some poor dude, wondering why his CPU is underclocking lol

Xtreme Member
    does the cool and quiet only work in vista?

i can't seem to see the down clock in both of my window xp home.

i installed cool and quiet on both of them and CnQ + C1E enable on bios. CnQ drivers taken from mobo disc.

system 1: x550 790x ud4p, redlines
    system 2: x2 245, 785gm, patriot 4gb

hi, no CnQ works on XP professional your version HOME i really dont know, because i got the same problem with XP and i changed my O.S thinking that this was the cause of my problem.

Xtreme Member
    I believe cool n quiet works in 7 without drivers. Just set cool n quiet to enabled in bios, and then in 7 set your power options to "Power Saver" and it should downclock like that.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ILVgearX View Post
    does the cool and quiet only work in vista?

i can't seem to see the down clock in both of my window xp home.

i installed cool and quiet on both of them and CnQ + C1E enable on bios. CnQ drivers taken from mobo disc.

system 1: x550 790x ud4p, redlines
    system 2: x2 245, 785gm, patriot 4gb

You might need something called AMD Power Monitor.

World Community Grid's mission is to create the world's largest public computing grid to tackle projects that benefit humanity.
    Our success depends upon individuals collectively contributing their unused computer time to change the world for the better.