Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corsair H50 vs TRUE120

Xtreme Addict

Corsair H50 vs TRUE120

Using the same fan config, w/c is the better cooler ?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    How well does it do at 1,500 rpm fan speed comparison?

Quote Originally Posted by ToMeGuN View Post
    In my setup using 2 SCYTHE S-FLEX™ 120mm x 25mm 1900 rpm Quiet Fan's in a Push/Pull config.

I average 9c lower temps on Prime95 ~ 69c for the H50 and 78c for the true.....difference at setting idle the H50 is about 5-6 higher 44c and 35c for the true. I love my H50
    Was the TRUE lapped and pressure modded?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by ToMeGuN View Post
    Yes!
    please can you make a photo of the cooler?

i need to say how screw is needed to make a push pull!

Xtreme Member
    Even a stock TRUE is better.
    i7 920 | Asus Rampage II gene | 6GB ocz Blade | 4870x2

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by nzbleach View Post
    Even a stock TRUE is better.
    No.
    SweClockers.com

CPU: Phenom II X4 955BE
    Clock: 4200MHz 1.4375v
    Memory: Dominator GT 2x2GB 1600MHz 6-6-6-20 1.65v
    Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula
    GPU: HD 5770

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea deluxe View Post
    please can you make a photo of the cooler?

i need to say how screw is needed to make a push pull!
    I'm wondering the same thing. I would love to see how you set up your push-pull. I assume you went against the instructions and have it venting outside the case?
    My Rig:
    Motivation 2.0
    ----------------
    Check out my Build log!!!
    Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair

---------------
    Check out below for videos and reviews!!!
    Facebook Youtube Instagram Twitter

Xtreme Addict
    I find it hard to believe that the difference is 9c lower, probably 2-3c at best case.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Demo View Post
    I find it hard to believe that the difference is 9c lower, probably 2-3c at best case.
    why, it has been proved a few times in reviews, that just with stock fans its 2/3*C ahead, with some actual good fans under load it's great theres even people on thie forum with it cooling i7's @ 4~ghz etc
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Xtreme Enthusiast
    So whats the final outcome on the ccorsair h50...was planning to go for a liquid cooling setup, and thought that this would be a good first step in that direction. If more people with actul usage experience come in here and let us know their experiences it would be great.

Xtreme Member
    9 degrees with powerful fans is hard to believe. TRUE works best around 2000 rpm so a difference that big is almost impossible. There are very few 2x120 rads capable of cooling that well thats why I doubt a single 120 re-badged Asetek is that good.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesrt2004 View Post
    why, it has been proved a few times in reviews, that just with stock fans its 2/3*C ahead, with some actual good fans under load it's great theres even people on thie forum with it cooling i7's @ 4~ghz etc
    I would love to see those reviews, A friend of mine who made a mass order for this unit is trying to prove/show in his tests that its better than the TRUE-120, so far all attempts have failed.

Xtreme Member
    I've tested both with the same S-Flex fan (SFF21F) on an i7 920 @ 4ghz (1.3Vcore). The stock TRUE is about 3 degrees better on load. I havent tested 2 fans but that wouldnt be a fair test. The megahalem is a good 7 degrees cooler on load. Megahalem was a good 7 degrees cooler.
    Last edited by nzbleach; 09-17-2009 at 02:12 AM.
    i7 920 | Asus Rampage II gene | 6GB ocz Blade | 4870x2

Yeah, I would think a lapped and pressure modded true should be about as good as a megahalem and therefore better than the corsair.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by halfwaythere View Post
    9 degrees with powerful fans is hard to believe. TRUE works best around 2000 rpm so a difference that big is almost impossible. There are very few 2x120 rads capable of cooling that well thats why I doubt a single 120 re-badged Asetek is that good.
    Not imposible at all, i have both setups, the H50 witg 1850rpm scythe gentle typhoons loads around 66c with 1.25v at 4.2ghz, TRUE was 78-81c with scythe 1900rpm s-flex fans. H50 is the best cooler for the price, amazing product as long as you put some nice 2k rpm fans in push/pull, nothing comes close for the price.

Xtreme Member
    Until someone trustworthy does a versus with the same fan setup in the same conditions your results are in the dream land. 15 degrees is laughable. Check out what a real watercooling setup does against a decent air cooler:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coo...i_8.html#sect0

And if you are going to tell me the H50 is better than that Im going to think you are working for Corsair/ Asetek.

Quote Originally Posted by halfwaythere View Post
    Check out what a real watercooling setup does against a decent air cooler:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coo...i_8.html#sect0
    thats a thermaltake water setup.

the comparison isnt identical either.
    wtb an 'i'

Xtreme Member
    I hate to say it but thermaltake is not where you want to go with this argument. It's also quite understandable that a single 120mm rad could outperform a TRUE. Mostly because there isn't really a limitation to weight and number of fins on a radiator where there is on a heatsink, also also capillary tubes are much better and transferring heat than say heatpipes. So in general there are less connections for efficiency to be lost. As for the argument "is corsair better than thermaltake." When it comes to water I'll take the corsair any day. Thermaltake is a well documented failure in the watercooling industry.

Xtreme Member
    Prolimatech Megahalems vs Corsair H50:

http://www.computerbase.de/artikel/h...cpu-kuehler/6/
    GA-X58A-UD9
    I7-970
    KHX2000C9D3T1K3 3 x 2GB
    HALE90-1000-M
    Test Bench V1.0

Xtreme Member
    The problem is differences between similar cooling solutions can never be that great and the test above proves that. Theres simply no way in hell a fully functional TRUE is 15 degrees worse than the H50. If you test the TRUE at 600 rpm and the rad at 2000 rpm maybe theres a chance but in identical setup its impossible.

Xtreme Addict
    h50 easily (lighter weight, fits on most modern HTPC and SFF chassis, but there are heatsinks that are way cheaper with similar performances.

All systems sold. Will be back after Sandy Bridge!

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...20,2370-5.html

Corsair H50 Versus Rosewill FORT120
    They also include RAM, Northbridge, PWM temperature.

Back from the Dead
    There is a test of the H50 in the latest issue of the German Harwareluxx printed magazine... it gets good ratings but was found 2-3C worse loaded than a TRUE or that Megahalems thingy, can't remember which. It definitely didn't beat the top air tower coolers tho.
    World Community Grid - come join a great team and help us fight for a better tomorrow![size=1]

Xtreme Member
    This site suggests that the H50 cools the CPU less than a Noctua NH-U12P:

http://techreport.com/articles.x/17481

And since the TRUE120 is around the same performance as a Noctua, I would think it beats the H50 too.

They only tested it with one stock fan. I have found the H50 to give different temps based on the type of case it is in and how the fans are setup.

Now I am not saying it will beat the top ait coolers but at least it is another option for those that maybe can't use the huge ait coolers. I would love to use the Mega but with the Maximus III Formula and Dominator GT memory there is just no room for it. So I will be using the H50 once the 1156 bracket is release this week.

I don't know about other 1156 motherboards but, the Maximus III Formula's cpu socket it definitely shifted to the right about 15-20mm from the Gigabyte 775 board I have. that is screwing up my cooling choices.
    Last edited by rkgriffin; 09-27-2009 at 01:41 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast