MMM

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 772

Thread: What's Your Internet Connection?

  1. #26
    I am lame
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    3,915
    Originally posted by JBell



    T1 lines are not designed for high speed - only high trafic

    so basically if it were a road to drive on? It would be like driving on a 8 lane highway with a 45MPH speed limit.

    T1 in a more technical sense are designed for many many users to use simotaniously at a reasonable speed.

    T3 connections are nothing more than basically 28 T1 lines banded together as one line - now this one... is fast! 40 lane highway with a 75MPH limit!
    *Ahhh....
    It all makes sence now. 350 people, and we can't download for schit!
    So what's T3, a speed, or trafic improvement?

  2. #27
    Xtreme X.I.P.
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Daytona Beach
    Posts
    3,715
    Mines been crap lately! Around 1400up and 350 down! Sometimes lower!


    check out "XS REVIEWS"

    Want me to believe your hardware review? Show me a receipt

  3. #28
    JBELL
    Guest
    Originally posted by Smizack


    *Ahhh....
    It all makes sence now. 350 people, and we can't download for schit!
    So what's T3, a speed, or trafic improvement?
    both, but it is more for traffic control....


    if it is speed your after than you want cable, wireless, or satellite

  4. #29
    JBELL
    Guest
    Just did a retest and nailed this...


    Test running.........
    ** Speed 4902(down)/90(up) kbps **
    (At least 98 times faster than a 56k modem)
    Finish.


    literaly 5Meg download!

  5. #30
    JBELL
    Guest
    here is a screen shot!

  6. #31
    JBELL
    Guest
    I downloaded a broadband tweaker - DRTCP - vers. 0.19 - applied different settings DSLREPORTS reccomended and I broke the 5meg barrier!!!

    Test running.........
    ** Speed 5206(down)/90(up) kbps **
    (At least 104 times faster than a 56k modem)
    Finish.

    WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  7. #32
    I am lame
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    3,915
    Originally posted by JBell


    both, but it is more for traffic control....


    if it is speed your after than you want cable, wireless, or satellite
    I see said the blind man to his deaf daughter.
    I have cable, but we use T1 at work, and it's slow as craaap.

  8. #33
    JBELL
    Guest
    Originally posted by Smizack


    I see said the blind man to his deaf daughter.
    I have cable, but we use T1 at work, and it's slow as craaap.

    I see said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw....

    (say it outloud - you'll get it)

  9. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    67
    T1 = 1.544 Mbps

    T3 = 44.736 Mbps
    1333MHz AMD Athlon @ 1488MHz
    MSI K7T266 Pro RAID mobo
    256MB PC2100 DDR RAM
    ATI Radeon 64MB DDR w/VIVO 2nd edition
    ATI TV Wonder VE (TV tuner card)
    Soundblaster Audigy Platinum 5.1
    Soundworks DTT3500 Digital 5.1 speaker system
    16x32x Slot Pioneer DVD-ROM
    12x10x32x AOpen CD-RW
    30.7 GB Maxtor 7200RPM HDD
    LIAN-LI PC70 24" Aluminum case with 4 case fans + 300W PSU
    wireless Logitech keyboard & mouse combo



  10. #35
    JBELL
    Guest
    Originally posted by 00_Punk
    T1 = 1.544 Mbps

    T3 = 44.736 Mbps

    Like I said - 28 T1 lines = 1 T3

  11. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    67
    Originally posted by JBell



    Like I said - 28 T1 lines = 1 T3
    actually, 28.97 T1 lines = 1 T3 line, so it is closer to 29
    1333MHz AMD Athlon @ 1488MHz
    MSI K7T266 Pro RAID mobo
    256MB PC2100 DDR RAM
    ATI Radeon 64MB DDR w/VIVO 2nd edition
    ATI TV Wonder VE (TV tuner card)
    Soundblaster Audigy Platinum 5.1
    Soundworks DTT3500 Digital 5.1 speaker system
    16x32x Slot Pioneer DVD-ROM
    12x10x32x AOpen CD-RW
    30.7 GB Maxtor 7200RPM HDD
    LIAN-LI PC70 24" Aluminum case with 4 case fans + 300W PSU
    wireless Logitech keyboard & mouse combo



  12. #37
    I am lame
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    3,915
    Originally posted by JBell



    I see said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw....

    (say it outloud - you'll get it)
    LMAO!!
    It took me a second, but I got it.

  13. #38
    I am lame
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    3,915
    Originally posted by 00_Punk


    actually, 28.97 T1 lines = 1 T3 line, so it is closer to 29
    My T1 line=around 350kb/s.

  14. #39
    Xtreme X.I.P.
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Daytona Beach
    Posts
    3,715
    Originally posted by JBell
    I downloaded a broadband tweaker - DRTCP - vers. 0.19 - applied different settings DSLREPORTS reccomended and I broke the 5meg barrier!!!

    Test running.........
    ** Speed 5206(down)/90(up) kbps **
    (At least 104 times faster than a 56k modem)
    Finish.

    WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Was this on DSLREPORTS website? If so, Where?


    check out "XS REVIEWS"

    Want me to believe your hardware review? Show me a receipt

  15. #40
    JBELL
    Guest
    Originally posted by JAWS


    Was this on DSLREPORTS website? If so, Where?
    yeah once you test and go to compare - i am on the list for the 27th....


    **edit**

    it is under the tools section - do the tweak tester and after it runs you will see a link to it directly at the bottom of the page!

  16. #41
    Xtreme X.I.P.
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Daytona Beach
    Posts
    3,715
    Originally posted by JBell


    yeah once you test and go to compare - i am on the list for the 27th....


    **edit**

    it is under the tools section - do the tweak tester and after it runs you will see a link to it directly at the bottom of the page!
    Thanks Joe


    check out "XS REVIEWS"

    Want me to believe your hardware review? Show me a receipt

  17. #42
    Xtreme X.I.P.
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Daytona Beach
    Posts
    3,715
    Speed (advertised) kbit/s

    What should I put here? I don't know!


    check out "XS REVIEWS"

    Want me to believe your hardware review? Show me a receipt

  18. #43
    JBELL
    Guest
    Originally posted by JAWS
    Speed (advertised) kbit/s

    What should I put here? I don't know!
    cable?

    I think 500k - 768k - 1.5m? is a standard advertised...

  19. #44
    Xtreme X.I.P.
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Daytona Beach
    Posts
    3,715
    Originally posted by JBell


    cable?

    I think 500k - 768k - 1.5m? is a standard advertised...
    Thanks Bro! I'll go check it out!


    check out "XS REVIEWS"

    Want me to believe your hardware review? Show me a receipt

  20. #45
    Xtreme X.I.P.
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Daytona Beach
    Posts
    3,715
    If my system is unpingable, what is a safe RWIN number? Default was 17520. I tried 32767, and scored higher on the speed test. I don't know if that's to high!


    check out "XS REVIEWS"

    Want me to believe your hardware review? Show me a receipt

  21. #46
    JBELL
    Guest
    Originally posted by JAWS
    If my system is unpingable, what is a safe RWIN number? Default was 17520. I tried 32767, and scored higher on the speed test. I don't know if that's to high!
    unpingable just means your firewall is not sending a signal back to the source

  22. #47
    Xtreme X.I.P.
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Daytona Beach
    Posts
    3,715
    Originally posted by JBell


    unpingable just means your firewall is not sending a signal back to the source
    Is there anyway I can become pingable! I think that's the only way I can get a rough estimate for my RWIN!


    check out "XS REVIEWS"

    Want me to believe your hardware review? Show me a receipt

  23. #48
    JBELL
    Guest
    Originally posted by JAWS


    Is there anyway I can become pingable! I think that's the only way I can get a rough estimate for my RWIN!
    dissable your firewall

  24. #49
    Xtreme X.I.P.
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Daytona Beach
    Posts
    3,715
    Still tweaking:

    Your download speed : 1964578 bps, or 1964 kbps.
    Browsers would show : about a 239.8 k/sec transfer rate.
    Your upload speed : 378955 bps, or 378 kbps.
    Your connection rocks .. above the 1mbit barrier!

    I was just off the 2 mbit barrier!


    check out "XS REVIEWS"

    Want me to believe your hardware review? Show me a receipt

  25. #50
    JBELL
    Guest
    Originally posted by JAWS
    Still tweaking:

    Your download speed : 1964578 bps, or 1964 kbps.
    Browsers would show : about a 239.8 k/sec transfer rate.
    Your upload speed : 378955 bps, or 378 kbps.
    Your connection rocks .. above the 1mbit barrier!

    I was just off the 2 mbit barrier!

    hehehe I still am the only one over the 5mb barrier?!!!

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •