Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asus P7P55D Deluxe Review

Xtreme Mentor
    what the difference to KHX1600C9D3K2/4G ?
    ASUS P5K-E // E8400 Q746A519
    G.Skill F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ
    LC 550W GP// XPERTVISION 9600GT

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by TEDY View Post
    what the difference to KHX1600C9D3K2/4G ?
    I think you will find the kit you have listed is a CAS 9 4GB kit compared to the 4GB CAS 8 kit I used in this review.

Xtreme Member
    @ sasha: i noticed (from my friends) that there are some troubles with some PSU like the LC Power and the Cooler Master Real Power m520 ... the board simply don't starts ...
    OBSIDIAN 800D, ASRock P67 Professional, Intel 2600K [UNLOCKED] watercooled by Ybris Black Sun (HWLabs Black Ice SR1-360 w/Nanoxia 2K, Swiftech MCP655 + Res XSPC), 4GB KINGSTON LoVo, SSD 128GB Crucial RealSSD C300, HDD Seagate Barracuda 250GB/500GB, Corsair HX 750w, nVidia 260 GTX XFX Black Edition, X-FI Xtreme Gamer

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by KURTZ View Post
    @ sasha: i noticed (from my friends) that there are some troubles with some PSU like the LC Power and the Cooler Master Real Power m520 ... the board simply don't starts ...
    Sorry to hear this problem that your friends are having, would it be possible for them to post there spec and info regarding this problem and I will get ASUS to look into this for them.

Just wanted to give a quick update about my ram problems on the vanilla P7P55D; I replaced the corsair modules with kingston ones (KHX2000C8D3T1K2/4GX), and i'm now running my 860 on 3.8ghz with 7-8-7-20 timings on 1900mhz ddr without any problems. Voltages used; IMC 1.3v, DDR 1.65v, CPU 1.3125v, PLL 1.9v. Are these safe voltages for 24/7 use? Still very unfamiliar with recommended voltages..

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Hi Mate if you can give me a few days I will put something together for you, but looking at the voltages you have I would say drop the Pll down to 1.8v as you are not pushing this hard enough to have it that high, as with any voltage increase over the Intel specification there is an amount of risk involved as any overclock invalidates Intel's warranty so be warned.

Anyway the voltages you have look ok but try and drop that Pll down to 1.8v and as said I will put something together within the next couple of days.

Been doing some testing, and i'm able to get my system stable at some safe speeds. Now running 3.6ghz with 19x190, as shown below. Replacing the ram modules was a good choice it seems(running 1900mhz 7-7-7-21 1T stable! on default 1.275 IMC / 1.65 VDIMM). However, when i want to go beyond 190mhz bclk i'm getting some crashes; hard lockups, data corruption(gotta love reinstalling windows ), sound popping. Any tips here? btw, i am using raid, and some birdie told me bios 0801 has a fix which might help?

Last edited by lasty; 10-13-2009 at 01:01 PM.

Pretty nice board.. however it seems that Asus still has some work to do on its bios. Like most of the times, actually..

Hello everyone.

Justa a quick question: Can you mount Ultra 120 extreme in north-south position on this mobo with all ram slots populated.Also, will it be touching graphics card if it is mounted this way.

Thanks
    Core i5 2500K @ 4,5 Ghz, Megahalems
    Asrock P67 Extreme4 (B3)
    Corsair CMX8GX3M2A2000C9
    Zotac GTX580
    Corsair Force 120 GB SSD
    Alienware AW2310 120hz
    Coolermaster HAF 932; Corsair TX 950 W
    Windows 7 SP1 64 bit

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by CikaNovo View Post
    Hello everyone.

Justa a quick question: Can you mount Ultra 120 extreme in north-south position on this mobo with all ram slots populated.Also, will it be touching graphics card if it is mounted this way.

Thanks
    If you can let me have the dimensions I will let you know if this will fit.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I know the Premium version costs a good $60 more, but personally I'd rather have it's 2 SATA III ports than the Deluxe's 2 Drive Xpert SATA ports.

Anybody know if its possible in some way to downgrade the bios of the ASUS p55 boards? I've tried the EZ-Flash utility and the dos version (bupdater.exe) but both refuse to flash older boises. I'd like to go back from 0915 to 0711 on my vanilla P7P55D, as the turbo is not working anymore.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by lasty View Post
    Anybody know if its possible in some way to downgrade the bios of the ASUS p55 boards? I've tried the EZ-Flash utility and the dos version (bupdater.exe) but both refuse to flash older boises. I'd like to go back from 0915 to 0711 on my vanilla P7P55D, as the turbo is not working anymore.
    Insert the CD that came with the motherboard, It is ASUS crash free bios recovery program prompting you to recover the bios, take a look in your handbook that came with the motherboard and it will tell you how to do this, I think it is under section 3.2.3 of the handbook, once you have done this and followed the guide you will then be able to re-flash to any of the bios's you have.

I have this board P7P55D Deluxe to and it came with bios version 0209 this is a verry old bios (juli 2009 exactly)

I wanna flash it to 0915. but i dont know if it are a good bios version
    I did google it but for so far none bad bad about it.
    But i wanna know for sure before i wanna do it.

So if some did flash already can they say it is a good flash.
    And do turbo mode work to, as the one above me told it didnt work anymore.
    Q6600 G0 L728A826 Packdate 08/29/07
    Asus P5W DH Deluxe
    Arctic Freezer 7 Pro
    @ 3,5Ghz for Now on 1,48 vcore in bios and 1,42 in Windows
    Prime Stable..
    XFX 8800GTS 320 XXX 580/1800. @ Stock
    Kingston Hyperx DDR2-800 CL4 memory
    Western Digital Raptor 74Gigs.
    Thermaltake Armor with 25cm side panel Fan..

@ Snake Eyes

It should be ok to flash the 0915 bios.. Just for safety, save an OC profile for the bios with default settings. In case anything goes wrong you can restore that. (fixed my problems before, but i forgot to save one after first boot)

Just wanted to let everybody know that Bios 1002 fixed all my turbo related problems. It was available thru the asus vip forum (vip.asus.com);

P7P55D: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...-ASUS-1002.zip

Check the asus vip forums for other models & bios links.

Xtreme Member
    Excellent review, on both boards Sabertooth and p7p55d deluxe.. I still prefer sabertooth, though p7p55d has TurboV feature..

Was thinking what would you take, also havent found that you tested max bclk of boards?

One thing I havent found out, is there any retail board with usb 3.0/sata 6.0gbps?
    Q6600@4.0GHz,500gb hard (7200.12, single platter),4GB Mushkin ram@1100 cl5, corsair520w hx(modular), ATi 4870 1GB oc840/950(3800)

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sacha35 View Post
    Insert the CD that came with the motherboard, It is ASUS crash free bios recovery program prompting you to recover the bios, take a look in your handbook that came with the motherboard and it will tell you how to do this, I think it is under section 3.2.3 of the handbook, once you have done this and followed the guide you will then be able to re-flash to any of the bios's you have.
    I know old thread but I am trying to downgrade my p7p55d-e.

the cd does not start the crash free bios recover, it instead boots to a makedisk dos prompt for making driver disks.

the cd does include bios rom files but doesnt load the crash free recovery, I am considering deliberatly corrupting my bios now to get the crash free recovery to load.

--edit--

Ok I have done a test and this post I quoted seems to have blatantly copied either manual (misunderstood) or another site as I see other sites where the same advice is given word for word (copy and paste) so this mistruth has spread and is wrong.

Basically the manual states "IN THE EVENT" of a corrupt bios then inserting the cdrom when powering on will initiate bios recovery (this is because the crash recovery will search for it on a cdrom and the rom is on the root of the cd).

I have just tested this by reflashing 1601, I powered off my pc whilst it was writing (crazy yes I know) then on power up I had the asus flash recovery. It will first check the cdrom, or if no cd inserted it then checks the usb drive it first finds.

Now the bad news.

When I put on the 1002 bios or the bios of the cdrom, it said "image is outdated". so the flash recovery app has the same block in place as ezflash and bupdater. So presumably when updating the bios the cash recovery gets an update also to block lower bios versions. I can only assume is some kind of security issue in the lower bios versions because asus have gone to quite some effort to block downgrading. I am trying to fix a usb3 issue hence me trying to downgrade.

Asus tech support have yet to reply to me for over a week since I raised a ticket.

The only idea I have left is that its apparently possible to downgrade by hexediting the ezflash module on the bios rom file. so eg. editing 1002 to 1601. A guy was doing this for people on the asus vip forums, however when asked he refused to say how he was doing it, instead just supplying modded rom files to people to allow them to downgrade. Those posts are 3 years ago and now he is nowhere to be found with the knowledge of how to do it lost. So it seems I am left with a motherboard where the usb3 doesnt work (usb3 ports route to usb2 controller) either due to a bios bug or hw fault. I cant check the former due to bios downgrade lockout.
    Last edited by Chrysalis; 08-08-2013 at 01:54 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12