Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ASUS ROG OC Station Review

Xtreme Addict
    The OC Station is supported by the REX III but currently not working. I'm told update is coming soon. I have both so I will confirm when it works.
    Praetor
    » Intel i7 2600K 3103B306 » Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z » Asus GTX 470's TRi-SLI » Corsair Dominator GT CMT4GX3M2A2000C8 » Corsair Force F180 SSD » Corsair AX1200 PSU » Corsair 800D
    » Cooling : Swiftec Apogee XT » Swiftec MCP350-DDC1 w/XSPC Dual DDC Bay Reservoir » Swiftech MCR320-QP w/Scythe SlipStreams 110CFM

The Yamato
    » Intel i7 920 3849B028 or i7 980X » Asus Rampage III Extreme Black Edition » Asus HD6970's QuadFireX or Asus GTX 570's 4way SLI » 6GB Corsair Dominator GT TR3X6G1866C7GTF » Corsair Force F180 SSD » Corsair AX1200 PSU » Microcool Banchetto 101
    » Cooling : Dragon F1 Extreme Edition(LN2) » Custom SS by RunMc »

[Info] A new Firmware and Driver is out ->ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/asus/mb/ac...OG_OC_Station/

Xtreme Member
    I can confirm the OC station works with R3E.

I updated the firmware to the one above, and using bios 0901 after a brief 2min test at least the bclk and vcore adjustment is fine.

I have been having mixed success with the R3E and OC Station, also with the new OC Station firmware.

R3E:
    This board seems to have a temperature sensor problem. Temp is reported all over the place. I've had it report crazy numbers like -127C. Because of this, the temp alarm in my OC Station keeps going off. All temps are affected: mb, nb, opt 1, opt 2, opt 3, etc.

Firmware:
    The new OC Station firmware seems to maintain settings amnesia. Every time I reboot my PC, the settings are gone. For example, I have the stanby mode for the OC Station disabled. Reboot and it's enabled again.

Is anyone else having these issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Booj View Post
    I can confirm the OC station works with R3E.

I updated the firmware to the one above, and using bios 0901 after a brief 2min test at least the bclk and vcore adjustment is fine.
    So does it work properly? No crazy temps over the place? Anybody else having issues with it besides the poster above?

Might pick this up, found a good price on it.

Where did you find one? I have been serching for Asus OC Station for a couple of months now. Any location assistance would be great.

Cheapest online is 150$ + shipping.

http://www.provantage.com/asus-oc-station~7ASU913A.htm

I found a lightly used one locally for 130$. It's a damn expensive fan controller, I just want to know if it works properly with the Rampage 3 Extreme, and if the problem the user above posted is something isolated or wide spread with this thing.

Yeah, I called them but they have no stock. Which is what all of the vendors are saying. However the last time that I contacted them I was told that they would have stock around 06-OCT-2010. I was starting to think that Asus was no longer going to produce them, but they have recently posted a firmware upgrade. Hopefully the new gens will address the problems others have had. We'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by deshen View Post
    Yeah, I called them but they have no stock. Which is what all of the vendors are saying. However the last time that I contacted them I was told that they would have stock around 06-OCT-2010. I was starting to think that Asus was no longer going to produce them, but they have recently posted a firmware upgrade. Hopefully the new gens will address the problems others have had. We'll see...
    They don't have it in stock, but the manufacturer does. Items like these ship directly from there. It took 3 weeks for my LCD arm to arrive after I placed the order with Provantage.

Now my question still is how many more people are having problems with this and the R3E?

I know this thread is old sorry.
    I had a TE CPU cooler that had a bay controller and when I built this PC I could no longer use it and miss having all that information at my fingertips. I finally decided sense my MB supported one I'd get one and everytime I found one I didn't have the extra $$ and if I had the extra $$ they were out of stock LOL I finally found one and ordered it but was told it had to come from ASUS so it would take an extra 7 to 14 days to get it did I want to wait... ahhh YEAH! I'll wait! LOL anyway when it comes in I'll let ya know how it works on a Crosshair IV Extreme
    Cooler Master HAF932
    1200w PC Power & Cooling
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition
    ASUS Crosshair IV Extreme
    8Gb G.SKILL Flare (4Gbx2) @ 2GHz
    2 ATI Radeon HD 4870X2's w/ AC Accelero XTREME Cooler
    128GB Crucial RealSSD C300
    2Gb Hitachi Deskstar(storage)
    2 ASUS DVD/RW
    Logitec G15 Gamer (old style)
    Logitec G9

TerraMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by 03hdfatboy View Post
    I know this thread is old sorry.
    I had a TE CPU cooler that had a bay controller and when I built this PC I could no longer use it and miss having all that information at my fingertips. I finally decided sense my MB supported one I'd get one and everytime I found one I didn't have the extra $$ and if I had the extra $$ they were out of stock LOL I finally found one and ordered it but was told it had to come from ASUS so it would take an extra 7 to 14 days to get it did I want to wait... ahhh YEAH! I'll wait! LOL anyway when it comes in I'll let ya know how it works on a Crosshair IV Extreme
    I've had the Crosshair iv extreme/OC station setup for months now and still can't get it to work! How are you getting on?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Anyone tried it with the R4E? I suppose there is no need with the monitor dongle thing, but still, it'd be nice to know

Xtreme Member
    I got one sitting in the closet if anyone want it.
    i7 940/Rampage 2 Extreme/Corsair 6g Dominator/Corsair HX100W/GTX 580/SSD

Xtreme Member
    Anyone know if it will ever be made to support the MIVE/SB line?

Xtreme Cruncher
    I think there was a reason why this thing was discontinued. Too many bugs that were never really fixed. What a necro bump.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by TerraMonkey View Post
    I've had the Crosshair iv extreme/OC station setup for months now and still can't get it to work! How are you getting on?
    I never got one after being on back order for 2 months I was told they were no longer available
    Cooler Master HAF932
    1200w PC Power & Cooling
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition
    ASUS Crosshair IV Extreme
    8Gb G.SKILL Flare (4Gbx2) @ 2GHz
    2 ATI Radeon HD 4870X2's w/ AC Accelero XTREME Cooler
    128GB Crucial RealSSD C300
    2Gb Hitachi Deskstar(storage)
    2 ASUS DVD/RW
    Logitec G15 Gamer (old style)
    Logitec G9

Just getting new maxiums gene v so I'm hoping this connects to this fine, for the love of gadgets

Santas
    seems like overclocking is already extremely easy asus boards have the CPU level up 1 click boom oced like a boss even if you have no idea what your doing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123