View Poll Results: Which GPU Should We Play With?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • GeForce 9500GT 128-bit GDDR2 $40

11 10.89%
  • GeForce 9500GT 128-bit GDDR3 $60

22 21.78%
  • Radeon HD 3850 128-bit GDDR3 $80

5 4.95%
  • Radeon HD 4670 128-bit GDDR3 $60

56 55.45%
  • Radeon HD 4650 128-bit GDDR2 $55

6 5.94%
  • I Posted Another Option!

1 0.99%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: Fall 2009 XS Cheapazchips 3D Challenge

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] gomeler View Post
    Post it here

I once again have another cheap ass card that will now sit on my shelf, didn't have time to bench my HD 4670 I'd say the "winners" are TinTin and MTP04 but you guys are all winners in my book Hope you guys keep benching these GPUs, I am really curious what it'll do on LN2.
    I just wait for my GPU pot arrived....I will go to LN2 this sucker...
    I really enjoy the process for such a game...
    CPU: XEON W3540 & Gulftown Q3FE
    MB: Asus Rampage III Extreme
    RAM: Corsair GT2000C7 2G X 3 ADATA XPG+ 2200+ 2G X 3
    SSD: Adata S596 120G
    Display Card: Asus EAH 5870
    WaterCooling:
    Laing D5 Pump + Koolance D5 Top
    Radiator: KP 120.3
    CPU Block: HeatKiller 3.0 + EK full MB Block
    PSU: Antec TPQ 1200W OC
    Case: SilverStone TJ-07BW

Xtreme Addict
    I have tryed on ln2 but no go the card turned off but dice was fine
    The man with the littel Barebone!
    And proud Crew of!!!
    Octeamdenmark.com
    Shuttle SX38P2Pro Barebone E8600cpu and HD4870X2 gfx and 2gig Crusial Ballistix PC8500 Cl5 and 2x150gig Raptor in raid 0 and 1x750 gig seagate
    Msi 790FX-GD70 Mobo Amd 955-965 PHII cpus and 2gig Crucial value PC10600@800mhz 7-5-5-15 1T
    And 4x500GB Seagate 7200.12 in raid0
    4xHD5770 in CFQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am Xtreme
    [QUOTE='[XC] gomeler;4089657']Post it here

I once again have another cheap ass card that will now sit on my shelf, didn't have time to bench my HD 4670 I'd say the "winners" are TinTin and MTP04 but you guys are all winners in my book Hope you guys keep benching these GPUs, I am really curious what it'll do on LN2.[/QUOTE

If you want to we can just extend the submission page at hwbot? Like another added month or so?

Quote Originally Posted by loonym View Post
    I lost interest after hwbot took it over.
    hwbot never "took over".
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

Xtremely unstable
    massman, glad you posted. Perhaps you can point me to the air class scores on the submission page?
    dx58so
    w3520@4100
    4x1gb corsair ddr3-1333
    gtx 295
    TR ultra-x, 2 scythe ultrakaze push/pull
    xclio stablepower 1000
    vista ultimate

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -------------------------------

would you crunch if you thought it would save her life?

maybe it will!

I am Xtreme
    Not having the feature coded that allows splitting up ranks into air/water and extreme != "taking over".

We actually appreciate Gomeler having a ranking at the bot. It's one thing to develop a new feature, a whole other thing to see it work in practice. Splitting up in air/water and extreme categories is on the to-do list now .

Xtremely unstable
    Quote Originally Posted by massman View Post
    Not having the feature coded that allows splitting up ranks into air/water and extreme != "taking over".

We actually appreciate Gomeler having a ranking at the bot. It's one thing to develop a new feature, a whole other thing to see it work in practice. Splitting up in air/water and extreme categories is on the to-do list now .
    It will be very nice when that is available. There's no way for someone running air only to compete otherwise. It may have been premature to move the competition to hwbot in light of the fact that it was impossible for hwbot to separate the cooling classes, provide separate leader boards for each, and also have two winners.
    dx58so
    w3520@4100
    4x1gb corsair ddr3-1333
    gtx 295
    xclio stablepower 1000
    vista ultimate

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

maybe it will!

I am Xtreme
    Or just keep a list of highest air/extreme scores on XS, using Hwbot rankings an easy database tool?

I'm sorry if HWBot caused you to quit the competition; it was never our intention to cause harm to anyone, just trying to get to know the design limitations of the HCE.

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by TinTin View Post
    Nice score!! Congrats, a new WR....

I burnt one HD4670 IceQ Turbo which is using Hynix GDDR3, the ram overclocks much better than my now Samsung GDDR3 (PCB also a bit different from reference card). For such a 128bit card, ram bandwidth almost dominates the score when pushing to extreme.
    Thanks TinTin, your 05 score is nice too.

Though I would like to know how your GT2 in 05 is so high compared to mine...is it just that i7 is that much better than core 2 duo or is it something else like a tweak?

Also I tried the card on ln2, it would coldbug at around -80c so at -75c with 1.75v 1330mhz on the gpu was no problem BUT at those temps the memory didn't want to scale as it does on air, so 1000mhz was the most my memory could do and because of the 128bit memory bus, it was completely useless These cards seem to be best suited for cold water cooling. My AM3 score was done with the gpu on tap water, which was +15c or so.

Here are a few pictures from the different sessions.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    yea i did not find anytime to grab some LN2...

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Keep your cards guys, I have a feeling we'll be playing with them again. I propose we have another HD 4670 round in January 2010 and I'll try to do a better job organizing it. Separate classes were something I completely forgot while I was zoning out instead of managing this

I'd also like to add that the HWBOT HCE is a nice thought but it needs a little work. We were one of the first test cases, it sucks to be a guinea pig but hopefully it'll continue to mature. HWBOT itself is awesome, so hopefully we'll see the same quality go into the HCE given enough time.

Xtremely unstable
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesBong420 View Post
    yea i did not find anytime to grab some LN2...
    You make any air scores?
    dx58so
    w3520@4100
    4x1gb corsair ddr3-1333
    gtx 295
    xclio stablepower 1000
    vista ultimate

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

maybe it will!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by MTP04 View Post
    Thanks TinTin, your 05 score is nice too.

Though I would like to know how your GT2 in 05 is so high compared to mine...is it just that i7 is that much better than core 2 duo or is it something else like a tweak?

Also I tried the card on ln2, it would coldbug at around -80c so at -75c with 1.75v 1330mhz on the gpu was no problem BUT at those temps the memory didn't want to scale as it does on air, so 1000mhz was the most my memory could do and because of the 128bit memory bus, it was completely useless These cards seem to be best suited for cold water cooling. My AM3 score was done with the gpu on tap water, which was +15c or so.

Here are a few pictures from the different sessions.

Thanks...

I think i7 is very fast in 3D05, compared with C2D, for the whole running, I just used LOD for 3D05.

I also find HD4670, when pushing higher core freq., the Ram freq. must be dropped. I also used ice water to try to push higher core, 1200MHz+, but the Ram freq. have to be lowered. I also found the result is not good. So I maintain most results at the highest ram freq. for such a 128bit card.
    CPU: XEON W3540 & Gulftown Q3FE
    MB: Asus Rampage III Extreme
    RAM: Corsair GT2000C7 2G X 3 ADATA XPG+ 2200+ 2G X 3
    SSD: Adata S596 120G
    Display Card: Asus EAH 5870
    WaterCooling:
    Laing D5 Pump + Koolance D5 Top
    Radiator: KP 120.3
    CPU Block: HeatKiller 3.0 + EK full MB Block
    PSU: Antec TPQ 1200W OC
    Case: SilverStone TJ-07BW

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by TinTin View Post
    Thanks...

I think i7 is very fast in 3D05, compared with C2D, for the whole running, I just used LOD for 3D05.

I also find HD4670, when pushing higher core freq., the Ram freq. must be dropped. I also used ice water to try to push higher core, 1200MHz+, but the Ram freq. have to be lowered. I also found the result is not good. So I maintain most results at the highest ram freq. for such a 128bit card.
    Yes your right, I noticed that as well, unfortunately.

Hey Gomeler, for the next comp, lets use a card with either a wider memory bus or faster memory like GDDR5, that way the memory wont bottle neck the gpu too much when pushing high gpu clocks under subzero. That way both categories, air/water and dice/ln2, could be pushed to their limits.

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Quote Originally Posted by MTP04 View Post
    Yes your right, I noticed that as well, unfortunately.

Hey Gomeler, for the next comp, lets use a card with either a wider memory bus or faster memory like GDDR5, that way the memory wont bottle neck the gpu too much when pushing high gpu clocks under subzero. That way both categories, air/water and dice/ln2, could be pushed to their limits.
    If we can find a card that is also cheap. The HD4770 is the cheapest GDDR5 part I can think of and it is $100 USD. Is there anything cheaper in ~3 months?

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] gomeler View Post
    If we can find a card that is also cheap. The HD4770 is the cheapest GDDR5 part I can think of and it is $100 USD. Is there anything cheaper in ~3 months?
    Yeah, the HD4770 would work, I guess we'll have to wait and see in 2-3 months time what the cost will be. Anyway I just wanted to put it out there for the interest of both sides of the comp. I had fun this round and I am looking forward to the next one.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910