View Poll Results: Is the news section a better place without Bo_Fox?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nah, I'm cool with him. His 1-week ban should've served him well enough.

2 66.67%
  • Yes, keep Bo_Fox on a permanent vacation from the news section!

1 33.33%

Thread: "Jury" Poll on Bo_Fox's participation in News section

Xtreme Addict

"Jury" Poll on Bo_Fox's participation in News section

Yo Xtreme fellows, please let me know what you guys think about me!

I've made over 1000 posts (mostly in the news section) without running into any trouble for a couple of years. Rommsey managed to get the best of me after making numerous personal attacks. Oh man, I'm being childish, pointing fingers at him, saying, "he started it!" but you can see for yourself at how long he was allowed to exacerbate the situation, having been the sole initiator of personal attacks and flaming--for up to 2 days on the threads that were wrecked. Perhaps the mods diligently waited to see how much Rommsey could get out of me. It's like a highway officer catching a speeder doing 10 over the limit, and then sneaking behind the driver for like 5 minutes to try to find the maximum speed of that driver (I see it happening all the time here in Florida)!

I do not mean to whine here at all.. just to see how cool you guys are at judging my character. Right now, I'm migrating over to TPU forums, but would like to give the XS community another chance. Many of you guys seemed to enjoy my humor over here (although the moderators probably did not).

As Vapor has indicated here:
    I'm really close to removing News access for Talonman, Bo_Fox, and Rommsey.

In fact, I think I will...the News section would be greatly improved if all three of you and your bickering were removed.

Maybe I'll throw some bans in there too, enjoy.
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...&postcount=282

I have bickered like this in only 1 thread, ever. It was my first vacation from XS ever. Let's use Vapor's hint of uncertainty and hesitation, to make sense out of things, in bringing true justice. A 1-week ban vacation was just what I needed (what I was looking forward to anyways--the mods here might have a hard time understanding why I just said this), but a perma-ban is a bit Xtreme! After all, it was right after I made an announcement that I was "out of the thread" due to all the flaming attacks.

Do you guys really think that the news section is a better place without me or not? Thanks in advance for your input!
    Last edited by Bo_Fox; 09-04-2009 at 04:47 PM.

--two awesome rigs, wildly customized with
    5.1 Sony speakers, Stereo 3D, UV Tourmaline Confexia, Flame Bl00dr4g3 Fatal1ty
    --SONY GDM-FW900 24" widescreen CRT, overclocked to:
    2560x1600 resolution at 68Hz!(from 2304x1440@80Hz)

Updated List of Video Card GPU Voodoopower Ratings!!!!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I think this is best taken up by mods...they make the rules.

Xtreme Addict
    Right, but as Vapor said, he "thinks" the news section would be improved if I was removed. It is according to the opinion of just one person here in this semi-democracy.

I tried to "moderate" that thread myself as the mods are usually late to arrive at the scene (2 days late on average after the critical posts were reported by me), but here goes..
    Last edited by Bo_Fox; 09-04-2009 at 04:49 PM.

Xtremely unstable
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Fox View Post
    please let me know what you guys think
    I could care less if you have access to the news section or not but if I'm banned from a section of a forum I'm certainly not going to drag all the same drama to another section and start whining about it. Suck it up. Some people take this sh|t way too seriously.
    dx58so
    w3520@4100
    4x1gb corsair ddr3-1333
    gtx 295
    TR ultra-x, 2 scythe ultrakaze push/pull
    xclio stablepower 1000
    vista ultimate

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -------------------------------

would you crunch if you thought it would save her life?

maybe it will!

Xtreme Addict
    Nah, it's more about what others think. If others miss me as a friend, a companion, or simply my presence (humor, etc..), I'd be concerned! I'm just trying to find out, that's all. I've made quite a few friends here, and the news section was where most of my activity was at... if I didn't have any friends here, then I wouldn't give a care!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by loonym View Post
    I could care less if you have access to the news section or not but if I'm banned from a section of a forum I'm certainly not going to drag all the same drama to another section and start whining about it. Suck it up. Some people take this sh|t way too seriously.
    +1. It's an internet forum. That should be enough said.

Xtreme Addict
    Yep, an internet forum shouldn't be taken way too seriously. It was my first ban from XS ever, which was a 1-week ban. Go figure!

Royal Administrator
    Sorry, but we do not always go with the poll. You need to speak directly to Vapor, not FUGGER or other admins. But here is my advice -- next time to use the report button instead of "being childish, pointing fingers at him..."

Thread locked.

Admin
    Since you want to do this (and everything else) publicly, Bo_Fox, I'll publicly state that several of us mods and admins were considering banning you permanently. Here's why.

You first became a nuisance to the staff when you tried to launch some sort of campaign against our FS/FT rules. This is from the 5th of June.

It is a LOT of inconvenience for potential FS/T sellers. That is what kept me from ever selling items on XS forums. Despite XS having 100,000 members, the FS/T forum is perhaps the most unimpressive and inactive section. By the way, Anand forums does not even require a picture at all, leaving it up to the seller to post a link to a picture if the seller wishes to sell with more credibility. We do not see it bringing down Anand forums for the lack of "quality", do we?

After all, it's just my pathetic "two cents".
    Well, moaning about it clearly wasn't enough for you. Following with your typical style, you had to try and take some sort of action and then moan about it publicly, 20 days later. You break the rules (presumably on purpose), and then call a moderator's action "disgusting". Furthermore, you post a PM from said moderator in public.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=227998

But even that's unsatisfactory for you, so you start a new thread, this time realizing that you've dug yourself in a bit of hole. You need to play nicely, at least a bit, so you kiss the owner's a$$.
    I am really fond of XS forums--in fact, it's my favorite forum so far. I was only trying to improve it further by voicing myself, but that was not related to the handwritten date that I did NOT know about. It's not the same thing, runmc--I knew about having to have a date in the pictures, but I did not know about the date having to be the SAME day that the post was created. And then you just go ahead and ban me before I could reply in the other thread???

I guess that's it, for now, and if you read this, FUGGER, then thanks for listening. Go XS, and keep it a great place for enthusiasts!
    Personally I think you also ended up joining the WCG team mainly to kiss Movieman's a$$, but I'll entertain the possiblity that maybe you do want to do at least a little good for humanity. Either way, you kiss his a$$, and then continue to make sarcastic remarks about the rules, while still kissing FUGGER's a$$.

All's fine for now anyways.. Fugger was too late, right Fugger?

Oh yeah, them's crazy strict rules (invisible rules), and it's never too late to improve the rules, in the end! I'm done now, thanks for at least reading it (and hopefully taking it into consideration), Fugger!
    Then, for a while, you do a decent job of toeing the line and avoiding too many spectacles. You find a creative way to moan about not being in the [XC] group, but other than that, other than occasionally upsetting people in the news section, you don't do anything that attracts our attention too much.

As I've posted in several places and several times, we're coming down hard on offenders in the News section. Lots of long-time members are receiving temporary bans from the forums altogether and permanent removal from the News section. While I was in Beijing, you were one such member, courtesy of Vapor. You receive this due your conduct in this thread, where I must note the irony of you stating that the mods are not idiots. You've received infractions in the past, putting you at the "7-day" level. You, and the rest of the forums were forewarned, multiple times. You guys have all seen the consequences of acting up in the News section. I guess you thought that by once again toeing the line barely and sucking up to the mods you could dodge it. Not so.

But of course, it's not like you to take anything sitting down. You apparently have your wife, "Megan_fox" () start reporting posts, with the emails curiously containing a similar level of a$$ kissing as many of your posts. Now supposing that Megan Fox really has an account on XS and does know who FUGGER and Movieman are (I'm sure they'd be honored btw, and they're both single) you had "her" continue the a$$ kissing on your behalf and even list your "diplomacy skills."

Now, let's let the jury decide whether I should permanently send you away for being an incessant hassle and thorn on the side of the staff and members here or not.

While we're at it, we'll have the jury decide whether you really are married to Megan Fox or that we should add making multiple accounts to the list of your offenses. (Which, by the way, is grounds for a permanent ban by itself)

Oh, and, Ashraf was kind enough to allow me to open the thread for a bit.

Xtreme Addict
    Hey Gautam, as I already said above, some of the moderators probably did NOT like my jokes! Like with telling others to donate $25 to XS on Movieman's behalf (as long as the money would go to him) to try to get him back here on the forums. It's just that there are no longer any mods here on XS actually participating in the news section. Snipe_Dogg, GAR, Shintai, etc.. all have been banned from the news section. They had like 8000 posts each.

Over at TPU forums, to show how "up-beat" a forum site is, here's the link to how their "hospitality" blew my socks off: http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=102611

Yeah, I know how angry I've made a couple of mods over here at me, but please just try to take it as a joke and do not worry about me "appealing to the king" or being "sold on self". Please, I ask you as a friend, to let's just be friends here! Xtreme friends, in fact. If there is still friendliness to be found here, XtremeSystems will still be my favorite forum.

Ok, let the jury decide, but please keep it simple about the news section. If you do not want to keep it simple, then please just close the thread and keep me banned from the news section forever. At least my friends over here know that I care (about them, especially).

I want to be friends with you, Gautam, Ashraf, and Vapor. All right??? I apologize if my jokes were a bit threatening or disquieting to your own peace of mind, and I will try to stop joking around in a bad way against you Admins. Ashraf, I do respect your decision to revoke my F/S thread because the pictures were 2 weeks old instead of 1 day old or less, no matter how "hard" it is to respect. The greater issue at hand here probably was the simple fact that I hardly showed any respect for the authority that you had in the first place, so I am sucking it up myself really hard down the throat. I was trying very hard to improve the FS section (seeing how inactive it was compared to other forums with 100000 members), and also saying that nearly all of us have pictures with digital dates imprinted into them.

Please look at my 1000+ posts and see how over 99.8% of them were in contributing to the news section, in keeping it an "upbeat" and fun place. It's just very hard for you moderators to see the humor in my jokes, as we have not really established any friendships.

Friends, ok? That's all..

I wish I could be a moderator myself to keep it as Xtremely fun as possible, contributing maybe 5 hours of each day on a volunteer basis, when the mods are sorely needed in a flaming war. But since I got in trouble, Fugger probably would not think it's a good idea at all.

Let's just get rid of the awful bitterness here that hardly has any concrete validity to it, when we can just be light and upbeat with each other. It's my best try right now.
    Last edited by Bo_Fox; 09-04-2009 at 06:00 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Well Bo, I am a believer in second chances, but if you do get one, just STFU....
    |-------Conner-------|

RIP JimmyMoonDog

2,147,222 F@H Points - My F@H Statistics:
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/...e=Conman%5F530

Per my instructions the news section has the highest priority in our day to day sweeps and if you have not noticed, I increased the staff in that section to better prune any posts or members that are disruptive. I went over this several weeks ago with the staff and we came to the decision to remove anyone disruptive from that section and that includes XIP, XL, and or DC members, no one is exempt from this rule.

I am into giving second chances if one understands what they did to offend and acknowledges that they will improve. I will not overturn an admins decision as this undermines their ability to do their duties. It would go to a vote if needed, we would discuss in private and make a decision based up the information at hand.

You would have been better off with a PM to the staff member who removed you explaining the situation if you are having a bad day or english is not your native language and it was a mistake.

Now to Megan Fox, I deleted another account in that name today created by you. Multiple accounts is against the rules and based upon this is the second time I am going to impose a 14 day ban.

You know I have nothing against you and I try to be as fair and lenient as possible to anyone that needs my attention in matters but this I cannot overlook. I dont want to loose you as a member and I appreciate your contribution to the DC team, just understand that this is the home for many others and being disruptive is something we cannot ignore.
    Last edited by Charles Wirth; 09-04-2009 at 06:11 PM.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Thread closed